When you take the turn off at Monkeyland and onto a two track road, it seems unlikely that you are heading to a luxury guest house. But the dodgy drive is well worth it. What awaits you is a series of wood, glass and stone buildings that are interconnected by boardwalks. The main house is my boyfriend and my idea of perfection. The rooms are even better than in the pictures. We enjoyed relaxing on the terrace in the comfy lounge chairs, while reading our books and sipping drinks. I slept like a baby in the big, comfy bed and enjoyed lighting the candelabra in the room.
Having dinner at the guest house is an absolute must! (Even if the road doesn’t deter you from going out.) Sebastian prepared “out of this world amazing” meals for us both nights of our stay. For R 250 per person we were served a starter, main dish, and dessert. The dining room was incredibly romantic. All of the tables were set with white table cloths, giant candelabras, and positioned to face a roaring fire.
Thank you Shannon, Sebastian, Maui and the rest of the team for making us feel like part of the family. We will definitely be back to see you... and bring friends along!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Trogon House & Forest Spa offers exquisite luxury, suspended in the tree tops of a forest reserve that stretches untamed along the Tsitsikamma mountains and beyond. Elevated into the tree tops, the lodges embrace the forest with see-through glass walls and sky-lit roofs, creating a true "nature forest" experience. What really sets Trogon House apart, is the absolute privacy and exclusivity in the midst of nature's pristine beauty. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Trogon House and Forest Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Trogon House And Forest Hotel The Crags
- Trogon House And Forest Spa South Africa/The Crags