Carriage Hills Resort
$122
$114
Maples Motel(Orillia)(Great Value!)
$82
Stone Gate Inn(Orillia)(Great Value!)
$132
$49
$67
$65
Travelocity
All reviewscarriage hillsfull kitchenhorseshoe valleythe indoor outdoor poolon sitehot tubliving roomtime sharegrocery storeget awaycarriage housegolf coursewasher and dryergas fireplaceking bedoff seasongeorgian bay
Reviewed June 8, 2010

Stayed for a few nights over the May long weekend. It appears the resort has gone through some renovations because the furniture and amentities were better than when we last stayed there 2 years ago. The unit was clean and the beds were comfy. There is a 42" plasma tv in the living room but there weren't too many channels to choose from. There were only 2 negative points:
- only one sauna in the pool area and it was out of order.
- bbq area should be maintained proplerly- better brushes and garbage removal.
Overall, the unit was very well maintained and service was good.

Reviewed June 8, 2010

We were pleased from check in to our departure. Check in went very smoothly and we were in our unit within a matter of minutes. The staff was helpful with questions we had throughout the week.

We had requested a top floor unit six weeks before our arrival and that request was honored. Norfolk was a nice quiet building with a great view of the golf course.

I was surprised that there weren't any baking sheets, pizza pans, etc in the kitchen. It was explained that most guests don't use those items so they keep a supply in the carriage house if you want to check them out for the duration of your stay. We did fine without them although I would have used the sheets instead of the broiler pan.

The unit was a nice size and had good sunlight in the livingroom and bedroom. We made use of the free internet connection and appreciated that complimentary service. Not many of the time shares that we have been to offer that.

There is a lot to do in the area, especially if you bring your bikes. Most of the terrain is pretty level so it makes for enjoyable riding without much effort.

Although we didn't swim, the pool looked inviting and was well used- being both indoor and outdoor. We did play shuffleboard several times throughout the week.

This place is one of the top places that we have stayed at in our time share experience.

6  Thank Maelrarny
Reviewed June 5, 2010

Went to carriage hill resort for a vacation with my husband and our daughter who is 18months old. We stayed at a 1 bedroom.
She LOVED the swimming pool. She had the best time.
We also enjoyed ourselves. The place was clean, and quite. The bed was comfortable. The jucuzzi tub was big enough for all three of us to sit and hang out. Large big shower in the other bathroom. Loved the washer and drier (since with a toddler, you have lots of dirty clothes). The cable TV was not very good. Couldn't really find anything good to watch. The free internet was really slow. We drove around alot. Went to the mall, to the beach, and also algonquin state park which was about 2 hrs away.
Would definitely go back.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank chunmmj
Reviewed May 25, 2010

Carriage Hills resort is a great place to spend a week or two away with a partner. My fiancé and I just spent a week there is May and it was amazing. The rooms are great. They are fully loaded. You could live in them. From Jacuzzi to laundry facility they are loaded. There is so much to do like golfing and going for a night swim in an indoor/outdoor pool. I myself have been several times and every time I enjoy myself. I would highly recommend you checking it out. The service is awesome and people are always available to help you or suggest something to do. 5/5 stars from me and my fiancé!

1  Thank Micheal07
Reviewed February 24, 2010

My parents booked this trip through RCI time share program to get the whole family together so we booked 2 2 bedroom units. At first it seemed nice, the building is attractive from the outside, we got int he room and though obviously a bit dated with brass accents, tile counters and decor it was a good layout and comfortable atmosphere with plenty of natural light. Biggest shock was no flat screen TV's in the living rooms and bedrooms. I have stayed in probably 40 hotels in the last 3 years in canada, US, and across europe and even the cheap ones are all updated to flat screens by now. The jaquizzi is probably the best feature for those that are looking for that.

All in all it was a good stay, until the first sleep. All I can say is bring your own pillows, they are the worst! Actually bring an entire bedding set, the sheets can't be more then 150 thread count, I have rug burn on my whole body from the sheets (especially with the dry winter weather), the pillows feel like they are stuffed with road kill they are so lumpy and inconsistant, I called to have them send softer piellows but the same ones came. The bedspread in that old retro material and print. All in all I can honestly say this ruined a good chunk of the vation because I could not get a good nights sleep at all.

Good skiing, dog sledding, and pool though. And stop by silks for some food, very good!

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled with family