“Great hotel and excellent food”

Crowne Plaza Dublin - Blanchardstown
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Blanchardstown
London, United Kingdom
“Great hotel and excellent food”
Reviewed August 29, 2013

My partner and I wanted a holiday in Dublin and we chose Crowne Plaza hotel because we knew that they had good reviews in the past. We decided on the one in Blanchardstown. We had no clue how ideal the location was. The many shops and restaurants were literally a few steps away! We were spoilt for choice when it came to restaurants to eat from but nothing compared to the Forchetta restaurant in the hotel. The food was excellent whether it was breakfast, lunch or dinner I had no complaints, it was definitely value for money. The staff were very courteous and friendly at all times. Dublin city centre was just 30 mins away by bus and the bus stop was a few metres away, with many buses to choose from at regular intervals.
I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone and would most definitely stay there again!

1 Thank Polmansy
Garret O, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Dublin - Blanchardstown, responded to this review, September 2, 2013
Dear Polmansy,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. I am very happy to see that your experience with us was a positive one.

Thank you for highly recommending us to others, I am delighted to see that you plan on returning, we look forward to seeing you again on your return visit,

Kind Regards,

Garret O’Neill

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (242)
  • Polish first
Berlin, Germany
Reviewed August 28, 2013

The Crowne Plaza Hotel in Blanchardstown is really nice! The rooms are very nice, the bathroom was very clean and had bath tub and shower. It was designed really nice. The breakfast was really delicious and a lot of choices to eat. The beds are very comfortable. The Hotel is our of town and it costs 2,80 Euro to get down town. That's a little bummer, but the busses going down town come frequently and only take 20 min. There are a lot of restuarants and Shops around. Overall I was really happy with this Hotel But there is one BUT. I was with an organised bus tour two nights, then returned for another night with a Group and stayed another night that I organized individually. I requested to stay in the same room as with the Group when I booked the Hotel. I reminded the staff about that request when I first came to the Hotel. They sat it will be arranged. When I came back to the Hotel I asked again, if my request was been taken care of. And they told me they forgot but they will do so now. So the Concierge told me he changed it at this Moment, but I should come back the next morning to have my room key be renewed. Well in the morning I was asked to move rooms...... I was really disapointed because I was really in a rush that I didn't want to have. That's why I requested threetimes to stay in the same room. That really disapointed me.
All in all it is a really nice Hotel with great beds, pretty bathrooms and great breakfast. The Staff is also really nice. But if you have any special requests don't count on it to be done the way you requested it.

Room Tip: All the rooms are really nice. I stayed in 3 different rooms and they were all really really nice.
1 Thank cranberry2013
Garret O, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Dublin - Blanchardstown, responded to this review, August 29, 2013
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to pass on your feedback in relation to your stay with us. I am happy to see that overall you had an enjoyable stay. I am obviously very disappointed to see that there was one area that let you down. I offer you my sincerest apologies for the inconvenience caused and I assure you that this is very uncharacteristic of the team and the necessary corrective action has been taken to ensure that a similar situation does not occur again.

Again, thank you for your feedback and we hope to welcome you back again in the future,

Kind Regards,

Garret O’Neill
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed August 26, 2013

I stayed in this superb hotel in July with my wife & 2 yr old Son. The staff right from the reception to housekeeping & restaurant blew me off.... We stayed for 3 nights and came back again for one night on our way back from Galway before we flew back to Dubai. Every staff in the Hotel would always have a smile and nothing is trouble for them and mind you this hotel is really busy and they do not have too many staff. When I booked this hotel it was not my first choice as I was trying to book into the Hilton but they were full and Iam glad they were as this place was 75 euro cheaper for each single night and Iam sure the services were better than the Hilton as this Hotel was a class apart. We did a lot of room service for our meals and it was amazing. We felt very special in this Hotel and would recommend loudly to every one !!!

The cuisine was worth a mention and specially the breakfast was marvellous.

We would stay only in this hotel if we go back to Ireland

Room Tip: We stayed on the higher floors which was very quiet even though we were on side of the motorway !
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
N Ireland
Reviewed August 25, 2013

Just returned from a 2 night family break to the Crowne Plaza and really can't rate it highly enough! From the minute we checked in we were made feel extremely welcome - all staff were great but the reception staff in particular are a huge asset to this hotel. Nothing was too much trouble and they went out of their way to help when I needed directions. We stayed in a family room (2 queen beds) and we had ample room with a really big bathroom with double shower - fantastic! The entire hotel is decorated to a really high standard and certainly the best 4 star I have ever stayed in - kids loved the ice machine only a few feet from our door! Breakfasts were great - plenty of choice and really liked the late 11 a.m. finish! Didn't eat dinner in the hotel as we had made other plans but certainly intend to try it the next time. Hotel is perfectly located with shops, cinema, leisureplex etc right on the doorstep. We visited the zoo which was very easy to reach - 10 minutes drive from the hotel. Will certainly be back to sample Dublins other delights!

Room Tip: Our room was on the 4th floor at the front - we had no traffic noise etc and rooms seem extremely we...
Galway, Ireland
Reviewed August 25, 2013

Stayed in the Crowne Plaza, Blanchardstown on Wednesday and Thursday 21st & 22nd August 2013, double queen room for 2 adults, 3 children (10, 8 & 3) - kids slept comfortably in the other queen sized bed, but would consider having an adjoining room if the kids were any bigger. It was 300 euro for the 2 nights including breakfast and entry to Tayto Park and the National Aquatic Centre for all 5 of us. Children eat free in the hotel so had meal there both nights, first night in the restaurant and the 2nd in the bar. The food was equally good in both the restaurant and the bar and reasonably priced. On arrival the receptionist was very helpful and accommodating, providing goodie bags for the kids, she made us feel relaxed straight away and nothing was an issue. Our air-conditioned bedroom, was immaculate with large en-suite, very big shower, and bath that filled in 2 minutes... water pressure - amazing, the usual tea / coffee making facilities, direct dial phone and all the mod cons one would expect - safe, internet access, iron, ironing board, Mini Bar, TV etc. All the staff were very friendly, and there was a great buzz around the hotel. Blanchardstown shopping centre is all around the hotel, so there is plenty to do right on your door-step. I would highly recommend staying here if you wanted to visit the National Aquatic Centre, Tayto Park, Fun Galaxy, Dublin Airport, the Zoo, Shopping etc. We will definitely go back!

1 Thank sundance868616
Ireland
Reviewed August 25, 2013

Took me 3 years to go back as last time we didnt get to stay ..... This time thankfully they had a room for us. We stayed in a king room on B&B basis for 2 nights and this time we had an excellent time. Room was very comfortable Great bed Lovely bathroom . We ate in the Bar saturday evening and the food was excellent.... did find breakfast buffet food was not as hot as i would have liked but the selection was excelent. Would go back again next time in Dublin for a bit of shopping as its only a stones throw from Blanchardstown shopping centre.

Santiago de Compostela, Spain
Reviewed August 25, 2013

I came back to Spain from a holidays 2 weeks ago. My famifly and I staye in the Crowne Plaza Blanchardstown.
The hotel location was just perfect ( only about 20 € taxi to the airport ) and about 25 minutes drive to the city centre, also great public transport with buses running very often into town. the hotel was spotless, inmaculate, great cleanliness, decoration, bed comfort, the food in the restaurant....But if there is a point to be mention it is the staff. they were superb, very friendly and profesionals. From the reception to the housekeeping passing through the restaurant staff. Everybody was so helpful and profesional attending any needs my family had, I would like to make a special mention of Miguel in the restaurant, we had diner almost every night there, he was very profesional and approachable at the same time, always with a big smile! He looked after my 2 daughters so well, he also gave us advice about where to go as this was our first holidays in ireland. He is a real asset for this hotel. I also would like to mention the pizzas from the restaurant they were so so so tasty!!! I think we had pizza almost every night! So I would like to pass a big thank you to all the staff!
I will definitely come back to this hotel if back in Ireland!
Well donde Crowne Plaza.
Arturo

Room Tip: 3rd floor is smoking so avoid this floor!!!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Blanchardstown
The Croke Park
Ashling Hotel
Ashling Hotel
#16 of 151 in Dublin
4.5 of 5 bubbles 4,312 reviews

Been to Crowne Plaza Dublin - Blanchardstown? Share your experiences!