“first class hotel”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Blanchardstown
Cork, Ireland
“first class hotel”
Reviewed July 31, 2013

stayed here for one night with my husband , loved this hotel ,very friendly staff especially the receptionist area ,rooms were so modern and bed very comfortable , we eat in the restaurant in the evening and the food was fab :). . great breakfast too. ideal for shopping in the large blanchestown shopping centre, could have stayed there all day :).

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (240)
  • Polish first
Dublin
Reviewed July 28, 2013

Beautiful hotel, comfortable rooms and delicious food. Those three points are more than enough to give this hotel an excellent rating, but what really makes this hotel special is its superb staff. The second we came in the door the receptionist smiled and called us over, he was friendly and made us feel instantly welcomed. We were checked in within seconds and we went up to our room. The rooms are beautifully appointed and absolutely immaculate. I was surprised to hear that the hotel is 5 years old because everything looked brand new.

We went downstairs to the bar for dinner, the menu had a great choice and our food was delicious. Our waitress was Nina. I cannot praise her enough because she went out of her way to make our 3-year-old daughter happy so we could all enjoy our meal. Our daughter ate free during our entire stay, she can be quite a fussy eater but she ate everything she was served.

We all slept very well that night, the beds were very comfortable and we didn't hear any noise even though it was a Friday night.

The next morning at breakfast the restaurant staff were also fantastic. The buffet had everything you could possibly want for breakfast. I could not believe it when the chef came over to me to ask if he could make me anything else! It is such a busy time of year for the hotel. but they made everything look effortless. The staff are always trying to go the extra mile for guests, and they do so in such a genuine way.

I had planned to go into the city centre that day, but the hotel is right beside Blanchardstown shopping centre so we did all our shopping there. On Saturday mornings the Odeon cinema does a kids club for only 2 euro, which was a lovely experience and a lot cheaper than the usual cinema trip.

When we were checking out I thanked one of the trainee managers. He was happy to hear all about our experience. We will definitely be signing up to their rewards programme because we will try to come back here as much as we can.

County Westmeath, Ireland
Reviewed July 27, 2013

Stayed here for 1 night 2 adults and 2 children, every thing was great from the minute we walked in the door, very friendly reception and beautiful room modern clean and good value. Had dinner in restaurant and young children eat for free when adults eat in restaurant, Food was very impressive and breakfast was great. Had good nights rest . Beautiful hotel and great decor. I would recommend to anyone and would stay there again.

Reigate, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 26, 2013

We had a really well appointed and comfortable modern room at the Crown Plaza which is conveniently located near a large shopping centre.

There is plenty of free parking at the hotel so an ideal place to stay in Dublin if hiring a car at the airport which is 20 minutes away. While not in the middle of the city itself there are good transport links to it.

The reception staff were extremely friendly and went the extra mile.

We had a couple of meals, in the bar and restaurant, both of reasonable quality where the service was good.

Finally, the free wifi worked really well throughout the hotel which made our whole trip hassle free.

Enniskillen, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 25, 2013 via mobile

Stopped here for coffee and rest room stop on our journey. Saw rocky road sundae on the menu and ordered it and the home made cookies. Haven't had. Sundae in years and this one was yummy. Cookies were nice. Maybe a little too sweet.

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Cork, Ireland
Reviewed July 21, 2013

Just back after a one night stay for a conference and I was very impressed. Check-in was quick and efficient, as was checking out. Staff were all very friendly and helpful, and I got the impression that they are happy to go the extra mile. The room was comfortable, with good wi-fi, and the bathroom had a bath and separate shower cubicle. Free underground parking with a lift to reception was a plus as well. And the buffet breakfast was varied and good quality.
Admittedly, if your plan is to visit Dublin city then this may not be the place to stay as it is not actually in the city, although I believe public transport links are ok. If you want to shop til you drop, though, it is probably ideal as it is on the edge of a massive retail park and shopping centre. For my purpose of attending a conference, it was excellent.
It is probably relevant to point out that I think I got an exceptionally cheap deal through another website, which I think made this hotel very good value. At full prices it may not appeal quite so much, but is still very good.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Garret O, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Dublin - Blanchardstown, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for passing on your feedback. I am very happy to read that you had a successful conference and stay with us.

I am glad to see that you enjoyed all the facilities in the hotel and on our doorstep. In relation to the rate, we offer the best rates guaranteed on our own website and also offer great savings on advance purchase options.

We hope to welcome you back again at some stage in the future,

Kind Regards,

Garret O’Neill
Reviewed July 19, 2013

As a frequent guest I just have to say the hotel is absolutely fantastic..great food,reasonable rates and full of little surprises for guests.The hotel is fresh and modern with all the shops and restaurants right on your doorstep.The staff are always warm and friendly and I would especially like to thank Chris and the bar team for looking after me so well and making me feel at home every time.I am away on business a lot and I have stayed in a lot of hotels in my time (even the Crowne Plaza near Dublin airport) but the Crowne Plaza Blanchardstown is number one in my book...

• Stayed July 2013
Garret O, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Dublin - Blanchardstown, responded to this review, July 20, 2013
Dear Swaine00,

Thank you for taking the time to pass on your feedback in relation to your experience with us here at the Crowne Plaza. I am very grateful for your kind words and how you have described the hotel. I have passed on your feedback to Chris and the bar team which will provide great encouragement for all their hard work.

We all look forward to welcoming you back again,

Kind Regards,

Garret O’Neill
Also consider these accommodations in or near Blanchardstown
The Croke Park
#2 of 153 in Dublin
Ashling Hotel
Ashling Hotel
#16 of 153 in Dublin

Been to Crowne Plaza Dublin - Blanchardstown? Share your experiences!