“Great hotel”

Crowne Plaza Dublin - Blanchardstown
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Blanchardstown
Reviewed April 12, 2013

Stayed with my husband on Saturday 6th April, we were attending a wedding reception there. I am not one for staying at chain hotels as I don't like that they are all the same. However this stay was very pleasant. All staff were very friendly and the room was very spacious and clean. We ate in the bar, both of us had sandwiches, they were good. Some items were very pricey though although that's to be expected in Dublin. Overall a very pleasant stay.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Garret O, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Dublin - Blanchardstown, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2013

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for passing on your feedback in relation to your recent stay with us. I am happy to read that overall you had a pleasant stay.

We hope to welcome you back again at some stage in the future should you return to Dublin,

Reviewed April 11, 2013

Stayed at the Crowne Plaza this week just got back yesterday for mine and my boyfriends 1 year together and his 21st birthday. It is such a fabulous hotel with polite and welcoming staff! Check out is stated at 4pm, we checked in and got our room about 12:30 which was lovely after flying to Ireland at 6am that morning, when we got to the room was a anniversary card and a birthday card waiting for us by a bucket of champagne on ice which was a lovely surprise. The food was excellent! However despite the fab location of the hotel it was very difficult to get to from the hotel, no bus driver knew where the hotel was and took us about 2 hours on public transport and calling into 3 different tourist offices to find so a little advice to get a taxi or book a mini bus! (however this is not the hotels fault) I did phone up the hotel a few days before arrival and ask for a room upgrade as it was for an anniversary and was told that was not a problem and the lady would get that sorted for me, when we arrived at reception the room upgrade was not possible anymore and i was slightly disappointed, but that was the only disappointment of the stay. The shopping complex opposite the hotel is wonderful plenty of restaurants and shops with no noise what so ever from it in your hotel room! Would/will be coming again next year for our 2 year as we enjoyed it so much and still have so much more of Dublin left yet to explore!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jessicah216

Dear Jessica,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review in relation to your recent stay with us here at the hotel. We were delighted that you chose to stay with us on your special occasion and are very pleased to know that you both had such a positive experience.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again,

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Great hotel. Convenient location. Close to Blanchardstown business park; close to city center and airport (short drive or bus ); adjacent to a large shopping mall with lots of food services close by . Very new hotel; outstanding service; great food onsite in the pub.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Garret O, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Dublin - Blanchardstown, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2013

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review and for recommending us to others. I am delighted to see that you were impressed with all aspects of your stay from the service to the food.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon,

Reviewed April 6, 2013

stayed 3rd April on 1 night family package with tickets included zoo! Fab
Bar food excellent, great portions fantastic for kids as they ate free with adults.
Breakfast lovely buffet, plenty of choice. Room on 6th floor lovely and comfortable

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank melleon

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for staying with us here at the Crowne Plaza Hotel, I am delighted to see that you enjoyed our Family package and took full advantage of all the facilities that are right on our doorstep.

We hope to welcome you back on your return trip to Dublin,

Reviewed April 6, 2013

I can recommend this hotel for family stay and for stay with friends as well. Very comfortable, modern, breakfast is good, all you can need for typical full Irish breakfast.
Travelling to the Dublin downtown is no so complicated, but if want shopping, you the Blanchardstown Shopping center next door.
Staff in the hotel is very helfull and friendly. The rooms are big and bathroom is nice.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Garret O, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Dublin - Blanchardstown, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2013

Dear Flavius,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us here at the Crowne Plaza Hotel, Dublin-Blanchardstown.

I am delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for recommending us to others. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again soon,

Reviewed April 4, 2013

I stay here often (almost every 2nd weekend), sometimes for 2 nights costing quite alot of money. I often eat here during this time also.

I do not live in Dublin and have family and friends in Blanchardstown in addition it is close for work.

My other half has a priorty card which we utilise on most occasions however; we haven't yet seen a great advantage on having this other than recieving a voucher for a free dessert if we purchased dinner there.

The rooms are fab and the staff are absolutely brilliant which is why we love it there but it is becoming more and more of an expense as I have noticed a slight rise in pricing lately.

I had every intention of booking this hotel for the weekend however; I find there are other hotels in the general area that are more competitive in price.

I would recommend for an odd night away but not for reoccuring visits as I don't feel that price wise you are accomodated accordingly.

Room Tip: Stayed in many different rooms, all are nice and happy with most. Not much noise from the traffic or...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to pass on your feedback in relation to your time with us here at the hotel.

Regarding your comments in relation to Priority Club, there are indeed financial benefits to this, you can use your points against free stays or even vouchers (e.g. Amazon Vouchers).

The vouchers that you receive on a regular basis (e.g. free Desserts, etc.) are simply just in addition to this and a small bonus. I would be delighted to explain further or show how you collect points and give your current balance. Please feel free to contact me here at the hotel on 01 8977777 or goneill@crowneplazadublin.ie

Overall, I am glad you enjoy your time with us and we look forward to welcoming you back again,

Reviewed April 3, 2013

After cancelling our trip to London due to medical reason we do very fast plan on Friday to bring kids to Blanchardstown for day trip at NAC on Easter Sunday. Due to not so perfect English I used chat to enquire about rooms availability at Crowne Plaza after reading good reviews here. Talked with lady called Mia. Very helpful and fast after few minutes she offered me Package one night stay,breakfast,free dinner for kids under twelve,room with two Quinn sized beds and tickets for swimming. This was more then good as I do not hope much about finding room cheap that late. Everything was booked and email confirmation sent to me after few minutes. Check in time was little late,four o'clock,but that was fine as she said we can collect tickets and go to pools and check in later. We arrived to hotel at one o'clock. Very easy to find it as you see it from motorway. As I went in to collect tickets girl on reception check me in straight away as they have our room ready. This make stuff even easier as we then left our things in,change kids and go to pools. After a couple hours we were back in room. Very warm room ( I am cold all the time), nice bathroom with good pressure and both bath and separate shower. Nice ok size beds. Tv and wifi helped with kids. Very nice and comfortable stay. Only problem is bar. Bar is computerised and every time you move something you are charged. I open it without reading info on door and put my baby formula n milk in moving lots of stuff :). After noticing info on door realised I just added good price on our stay without even drinking anything. My hubby went to reception and they fixed this with no problems. Only later when we wanted something to drink we don't dare to use it again and instead went to bar to get drink. Maybe they warned me at reception but I don't think so,they definitely told me about 50€ deposit for bar but I am not sure they told me about this one being automated. I know about them but this is first time I had one in room so it will be nice if they explain this better at check in so people know about it before they open it:). We don't have dinner in hotel so can not comment on it. We went to Pheniks Park and then all the way to Dublin after realizing is only 15-20 mins drive and had dinner in city and nice walk after. Night was quiet even with bank hols so we had good sleep. Breakfast room very nice and relaxing with good choice for us and lots of choice for kids. Check out again was done in few mins. Altogether nice hotel,food and we definitely stay there again if we visit Airport,Dublin or doing shopping even.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank deluxe-eire

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a comprehensive account of your stay with us here at the hotel.

I am happy to see that you enjoyed your stay at the Crowne Plaza, we hope to welcome you back again in the future,

Garret O’Neill

Also consider these accommodations in or near Blanchardstown
Carlton Hotel Blanchardstown
Travelodge Dublin Phoenix Park
Castleknock Hotel
Castleknock Hotel
#1 of 3 in Castleknock

Been to Crowne Plaza Dublin - Blanchardstown? Share your experiences!