Howard Plaza Hotel Taipei
  • Restaurant
  • Restaurant
  • Breakfast included
1,106 results
All reviewsrosewood suitewestern breakfastwestern styleconcierge deskfirst floorthe sogo department storebusiness tripnon smokingairport busfive star hotelfood courtbit datedmrt stationshotel staffbreakfast is servedbusiness hotelcomfortable stay
Reviewed March 15, 2013

I spent 9 nights in Howard Plaza hotel Taipei (March 1 check out March 9, 2013), and I wish to express my compliments to the General Manager for what follows:
1. Staff: the service of all personnel is simply amasing for kindness (make you feel in a family);
2. room, spa, and breackfast : very high level oriental style;
3. Food: very delicious;
4. Price: in Europe the price wouldbe three times;
5. the view from the panoramic lift is wonderful.
I thank all the staff of Howard Plaza for making me feel at home, even if I were so far away from Italy. And above all for making me feel like a "Princess".
Regards Anna

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 11, 2013

Stayed 2 nights and booked the club floor - Rosewood lounge. I was allocated a room on the 13 floor (renovated), but this hotel has room for improvement.

Positives
1. Location
2. Price – 4700TWD for club floor per night is good.
Negatives
1. Club floor service was poor and would rate as one of the worst I have used.
2. The carpet in my room was dirty – black from age where people walk a lot, not nice!
3. Windows are not double glazed and so you do get road noise etc and as the MTR runs directly next to the hotel this is a consideration if you are a light sleeper like myself.
4. Breakfast – Service was poor and poor selection available in the club floor breakfast

Would I stay here again – yes but I would not rush back as I feel the negatives out-weigh the possitives.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 22, 2013

My first experience in this hotel was when the General Manager of the hotel (CK) walked up to my colleague and I in the bar and said "Welcome to our hotel Mr. Baker, can I join you and buy you a bottle of wine?" Ever since, the service has been outstanding and CK and his staff have taken exceptional care of us - including inviting us to a black tie gala event on an otherwise dull Saturday night. I consider this a home-away-from-home in Taipei based on that alone.

The hotel itself is quite good, though perhaps showing it's age a touch. However, the rooms are very comfortable and the beds are fantastic. The buffet restaurant is slightly over-priced (like all hotels), but quite good, with a wide variety of food and a very comfortable setting. WiFi is free throughout and high-quality, and the business lounge and Seven Scholars bar are both nice places to unwind after a work day. I will say that the food in the Seven Scholars isn't great, but the beer and wine is excellent. Overall, I highly recommend this hotel, as they treat their guests like family, organizing social events and ensuring that traveling guests have a chance to meet and socialize.

Room Tip: Most rooms are quite good, but the executive floor (13) is especially nice. I haven't noticed any particular bad sides of the hotel in terms of noise, though I haven't stayed on the lower floors much.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed February 15, 2013

I went there over Chinese New Year Holiday. The 2nd floor buffet for breakfast was good with reasonable price and not too crowded. However, the 1st floor Japanese restaurant was very expensive. Food was ok and not many people there. We were the only patrons during that time on the 2nd day of Chinese New Year evening! Service was ok.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed February 15, 2013

have stay this hotel for the first time. The environment is good.( is a five- star hotel). frankly, the room quite small but is still comfortable while staying there. I had stay that hotel for 5 days 4 night. the MRT is quite near to the hotel. approximately 10 mins walking distance to the MRT and SOGO shopping mall.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple