Open today: 2:00 PM - 10:00 PM
Review Highlights
Great walking tour!

I had a great time on my walking tour - the Chill Out tour. The staff were knowledgeable and fluent... read more

Reviewed yesterday
Alicia M
Awesome memories in Taipei

We visited many historical places and could get a lot of information about the city.I highly... read more

Reviewed 3 days ago
Compass14555623624

Recommended experiences in and around Zhongzheng District
from $110.00
from $100.00
from $180.00
from $19.00
More Info
All reviews longshan temple hunger games pub crawl great introduction a lot of fun taiwanese culture these guys night market daan park stinky tofu street food eden nicola ralph history taipei chester
Reviewed June 8, 2018

Great experience!

It's a perfect tour for people of all ages and nationality. Definitely recommend this to anyone going to Taipei whether for a long or short trip. You will not only get to visit the famous locations in Taipei, but you will also learn more about the country's history and culture.

Since it's a walking tour, be prepared for hours of walking, so make sure to bring umbrellas, towels, comfortable clothes and shoes, and lots of water, especially during the summer. The tour guides speak really good English as well, and you can ask them maybe at the end of the trip if you wish to ask anything regarding your itinerary or the must-sees in Taiwan. Should you get tired anytime during the trip, you may choose to leave as well, but you may also just catch up with the group as they provide the itinerary route.

Also, the tour is free so you just have to show up at the meeting point. However, I strongly recommend everyone to give donations at the end of the trip, for I believe it can help this NGO and its volunteers a lot. If you are low on budget, then at least give them a recommendation and review online!

Trust me, it's definitely worth it! I met a lot of friends during the trip from all over the world. Also, shout out to our tour guides, Bonny and Eden (Longshan Temple), and Charles (Chill-Out) Thank you!

Date of experience: June 2018
3  Thank victormanicad
Reviewed May 16, 2018

The free tour was very educational. I learned a lot of Taiwan's history and important landmarks. The guides are equally enthusiastic and friendly.

2  Thank Friz A
Reviewed May 15, 2018

Feel happy to have been able to found out about TourMeAway. It is great to explore Taipei and learn about the history of Taiwan from a local! My 9yr old son also enjoyed and learned a lot.

2  Thank kittya808
Reviewed May 15, 2018 via mobile

James and Ching were amazing!! A wealth of knowledge, fun and creativeness went on our tour. We love the fact that they were so easy going and happy to answer all questions. With so many highlights it was a pity we only did one tour.
When in Taipei, TourMeAway is a must!!!

Date of experience: April 2018
2  Thank Ross B
Reviewed May 15, 2018

Saw the advert for this tour in the hostel that I've booked. The guide was a local student (with fluent english) who was passionate about the political situation in his country. He provided us with a brief overview of the history of Taiwan and the significance of each building that we visited during this walking tour. We walked for about 3 hours with a 15mins break. The guide also brought us to his favourite bubbletea haunt :) A good way to meet fellow travellers around the world and to hang out for drinks afterwards. Highly recommended!

1  Thank ashlynwyt