All reviews mos burger chang dryer station bathroom
Reviewed November 17, 2017 via mobile

We had low expectations as we usually stay in 4-5 star hotels, but we were surprised at how good this place was for the money. We stayed for eight nights.

The room (206) was really large, with windows facing the street. Most of the time it was pretty quiet. We had a hot water machine in the room with tea, fridge, slippers, towels, and all the usual toiletries. Our room was super clean and comfortable. There were two chairs and a small table. The bathroom had a gigantic bathtub. The bed was firm, which is typical in Taiwan, Hong Kong and China. Beds are also sized differently in Taiwan, so the bed length was shorter than beds in the US. The pillows were nice and we had a down comforter.

Housekeeping did a great job, better than most hotels.

The staff didn't speak much English but we communicated with our limited Chinese and their limited English; it worked just fine.

The breakfast is just a voucher for a fast food joint across the street. There are plenty of good, cheap vegetarian restaurants in the area.

The location is really great, super close to the MRT (subway) and bus lines, and in a neighborhood with lots of dining options and shops.

The only real complaint we had was we woke up to a rat in our room one night. After that we didn't leave any food out and the rat didn't seem to come back. I would have given this place 4 stars but because of the rat I had to knock a couple of stars off.

Date of stay: November 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 13, 2017

When I first to this hotel I don't really understand where's the main door , looking around for a few minus ,suddenly the automatic doors open and a beautiful woman called me , and ask me if i looking for the hotel.
I say yes , and went inside with her.
there was an older lady inside i think she's the owner ,
they both was very , but very kind , with big true will to help me with everything i need.
they also without my request add a laptop table to my room.
staying there's for 2 days and back home.
i pay for 3 days , and owner refund me on the third day with no problem.
i enjoy this hotel ,I don't ever planing to back to Taipei but I remember this hotel with good memories for rest of my time.

Date of stay: March 2017
Reviewed February 21, 2016

The good side:
a. Property is very close to MRT (Chiang Kai-Shek station) and is located behind the Nanmen Market.
b. Staff are friendly and helpful.
c. The room is clean.
d. Bathroom is very spacious, as is the room

The downside:
a. The 'breakfast' advertised as included is a voucher for MOS burger, and even the choices are limited. Unless you fancy a pork curry sandwich or the equivalent of an egg Mcmuffin, this is unacceptable. Better to either not provide breakfast and not charge or to just offer something basic like congee or jam and toast. Also, only on one night did the staff automatically offer the voucher to me. On other days, I had to ask for it, even though I had paid for it.
b. Decor in the room is tired and heavily floral in motif.
c. Housekeeping removed a partially drunk bottle of water instead of leaving it for me to finish.
d. Bathroom wall facing the room is glass with a large frosted portion covering most of it. I don't think it really shows much, but for anyone sharing a room other than a couple, it might be a little uncomfortable.

The entrance is on an alleyway. For people not familiar with Taiwan, it might be intimidating at night, but I don't think there should be cause for concern.

Overall, it's not bad, but for the price charged, I don't think it was worth the money.

Date of stay: February 2016
1  Thank pkinchina
Reviewed November 20, 2015 via mobile

Our room is as pictured. The bed is very hard, the lighting in the room is poor so it makes it difficult to work on the laptop for long and breakfast is voucher for Mo's Burgers. Staff is very friendly and accommodating allowing us to check in early once our room was ready and letting us leave our luggage at the lobby when we left all day for meetings.

Date of stay: November 2015
Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed June 11, 2015

The hotel is located near the CBD of Taipei, near the Chiang Kai Chek Museum and the University of Taiwan. It is located on a very narrow street off a main street about 35 km from Taoyuan International Airport, about 1200 New Taiwan Dollars fare. The Tourist Night Market and various other attractions are within walking distance for walkers and the subway and bus systems are good.
The office staff is friendly and their English is adequate for basic conversations associated with hotel matters. The bathroom in my room is big enough to put a ping pong table in it and the bathtub is huge.The room is nicely furnished and the AC is more than adequate to compete with the heat and humidity outside.
In room amenities include good sized flat screen, good speed internet wifi, coffee pot with coffee and tea supplied, bottled water, razor, toothbrush, comb, shower cap, "beauty soap," bath gel, hair dryer, coffee cups, hutch, 3 chairs, and mini refrigerator.Breakfast cupon for nearby restaurant. Sood choice.

Room tip: Don't panic when you turn into the street the hotel is on.
Date of stay: June 2015