“Wow!! Amazing food”

Dapeng Bay Restaurant
Cuisines: Seafood, Taiwanese
Dining options: Reservations
Description: An elegant and cozy restaurant offering authentic Taiwanese dishes in rich local flavors. Also well-known for fresh seafood delivered daily from surrounding waters. The most reputable "otoro" (seasonal blue fin Tuna) restaurant in town. The Chef has strict selection on fresh food and natural ingredients to make tasty and healthy dishes. In addition to a wide variety of food on menu, special dishes can be made-to-order to suit individual preferences. Vegetarian set meal available too.
Reviewed December 3, 2016 via mobile

I came here earlier this year and food was really fresh, unique and GOOD!! Went there last week and the food was even better, it was GREAT!!! I told the owner I wanted to try something different. She said that I was in luck because they recently brought in a chef from the US. So the chef made us seared <<<<foie gras with candies persimmon red wine reduction, japanese oyster on half shell with spicy roe, creamy crab roe garlic bread dip, sword fish carpaccio with truffles.>>>>>>>>> we were blown out by the taste and combination of the food. Will definitely be back!!!

Date of visit: December 2016
1  Thank Billy K

Reviewed June 3, 2016 via mobile

Not a very big place and reservation is a preferred and always packed making walking in difficult. They have special menu during the black tuna season and always best to ask chef to do the menu for you by specifying price of dinner you prefer.

Date of visit: June 2016
1  Thank Robertal34
Reviewed May 19, 2016 via mobile

The food was extremely tasty and service was superb. Tuna bellies were extremely good.

They really know how to prepare the best seafood with the freshest ingredients available in Taiwan

They should deserve better ranking and I would recommend that to all visitors going to visit Taipei.

Date of visit: November 2015
1  Thank Chonghy
Reviewed May 11, 2016

Small cozy restaurant that offers delicious dishes with the freshest ingredients. The refreshing apple salad appetizer, sushi and fish are not to miss. Dessert was excellent !

Date of visit: April 2016
1  Thank ZermattSW
Reviewed September 3, 2015

I picked this restaurant based on the glowing trip advisor reviews, but I have to be honest, I was very skeptical when we entered. The restaurant only had 1 other couple eating and I had even considered bailing on my plans. I wondered how fresh the seafood could be, with so few patrons. I'm so glad we stayed! The waitstaff were very helpful, making great recommendations, the seafood was super fresh, and the prices were great.
We had whole steamed fish, stuffed squid, seafood fried rice and seasonal greens. I wish we could've tried more. There was a fixed price multi course meal that I would have gotten, had I known it would be so good. Next time...
I definitely hope to return.

Date of visit: September 2015