1,569 results
All reviewsthe club loungespg memberrooftop poolpizza pubhealth clubshandao temple stationbusiness trippremier roomconcierge deskbreakfast buffet istrain stationan upgradefitness centerupgraded to a suiterooms are comfortableblue lineseparate shower
Reviewed November 21, 2010

Location:
It is situated at Taipei downtown area and one MRT station away from Taipei Main Station. Getting to Sheraton is easy as there is a direct bus from Airport and stop right outside this hotel.

Room & amenities:
I booked their Premier Room and was given a corner room which is nice. I am able to view a bit of Taipei Main Station and some city view down the road. The room is quite big. It is around 40 sqm and I managed to squeeze 3 person inside. The room interior is also quite nice but I feel slightly dated. It has a sofa and a table right at the side of the bed. The bed is quite big and rather comfortable. The bathroom is also quite big and spacious. There is a large LCD TV in the bedroom. There are daily fresh fruits in the room. Complimentary mineral water are provided. However, I was not given any complimentary English newspaper and no complimentary internet in the room. But you can use the free internet in the lobby.

Bathroom & amenities:
The bathroom is quite spacious and amenities are quite standard. There is no rain forest shower. There is a bathtub which is also standard size. The wall is of dark marble setting.

Service:
When I arrived at the hotel entrance, a bell boy attended to me and help me with my luggage. The check in and check out is fast and staffs speak good English. The bell boy sent my luggage straight to my room. The staffs on the whole are friendly and helpful. This hotel provides did not provide me with turn down service which is a bit disappointing. Taking a cab at the hotel is fast and easy.

Facilities:
They have swimming pool at the rooftop which I did not get a chance to use it. Also a gym.

Surrounding:
This hotel is quite busy with lobby of people. There is no shopping mall within walking distance. However, a 24 hours 7-11 is just around the corner which you can buy beer or snacks if you feel hungry in the middle of the night. If you do not take breakfast in hotel, there are some nice local food stalls at about 10 mins walk. If you prefer fast food, MacDonald is just across the street. Nearest metro station is Shandao Temple Station which the entrance is just outside the hotel.

This hotel is catered more to business traveler. I heard their club level is one of the best though I did not use it. The guests around me seems like most of them are on business trip. There are also many Japanese guests as well. Overall, the location is quite good as it is quite central. But it is not as convenient if you prefer shopping mall and eateries just next door. However, it is one of the few upclass hotels within the vicinity.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank Travelling_Craze
Reviewed October 30, 2010

I liked this hotel! There is a shuttle bus from the airport that drops you off right in front of the hotel for super cheap! The hotel was very happening alive lobby and I like that! The staff was quite nice, but I am an SPG member and they gave me a room with a King size bed instead of two doubles, and so that was a bit of a bummer, but the bed was so comfortable and big that it was fine, of course as an SPG member who uses SPG properties all the time, I prefer to be upgraded and not be given 1 King size bed instead of two double beds......but that being said as the only negative...., the hotel has many positives including: they have 45 minutes of free and fast internet with many computers in the lobby that you can use. The room was super clean and although small, still very comfortable and they have a mini fridge in the room too. The hotel concierge was helpful and was able to guide me to many great things in Taipei to see and do.

I like really big and happening hotels with tons of people and energey in the lobby! So I enjoyed my stay at the Sheraton. The food choices were plently, but the prices were outrageous, so I did not eat at any of the restaurants.. The only reasonable place was the bakery inside the Sheraton.....great fresh baked goods for reasonable prices, and I really loved going in there for some treats. I also really like that the hotel is right within a block of the Subway station, because the Taipei subway is so easy to take and so efficient! The area around the hotel seemed safe and there was a 24-hour 7-11 right by the hotel and a big McDonalds and a few blocks within the hotel there were some other restaurant options. I think that price of the hotel was very reasonable for the service and location that I received in return!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank Nolababe
Reviewed October 25, 2010

Over the past 2 years I have stayed at this property for over 60 nights. I am a Platinum SPG member and my loyalty/status was never recognised by the hotel with very limited upgrades.

A few key issues:

1) Default internet speed is 1Mbps. If you complain, they increase the speed to 4MB
2) The hotel now seems to cater for tour groups rather than the business traveller. Staff regularly remove lobby furniture to allow baggage storage and group management
3) Breakfast - with the tour groups last week I had to queue for 25 minutes for a table for 3 people at 7:30am on at least 2 occasions
4) Food Quality - Sheraton Burger - Complained numerous times about cold/poorly cooked burger. Management listened but did nothing to improve quality
5) Rooms are old and need a major renovation

A seperate issue is the Link @ Sheraton in the lobby. With free internet offered, from ~6pm onwards all seats in the lobby are been used by guests with laptops. Better not need to wait for a pickup.

On the plus side, the Thai restaurant on the 2nd floor is good.

Meridien opens on Nov 1st, the W early 2011. Looking forward to the options

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed October 21, 2010

Decided to stay here due to Status SPG member. Was upgraded to a suite which was lovely. I checked in at 2 and had to wait until 4 for my room to be ready but when up to the lovely lounge. Room: Twoflat screen TVs, two bathrooms (never use one of them); very attentive staff who has been extremely helpful. Housekeeping seems to always know when I leave as whenver I return my towels are replaced bed made, cookies on the bed at night. Again, extemely attentive. My only recommendation to this hotel will be the lighting in the rooms especialy the bathroom. Its lovely mood type lighting, however the bathroom is just too dark. Women need good lighting in the bathroom. The conceige lounge is above average. Full dinner offerings in the evening and excellent wines. I wish the lounge opened earlier than 7 am because often our meetings require us to leavre the hotel by 7. A resturant opens in the lobby at 0630. Its about 30 mintues from TPE but a train station next door and the HSR just a short ways down. The heath spa is excellent. There is a typhoon in the area so I haven't been able to try out the outdoor pool. I do get to spend the weekend here so I hope the weather isn't too awful.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed September 30, 2010

Have stayed at this property for about 30 days this current year. Presently here for another 11 nights.

Hotel is OLD. Rooms are dated. A king bed = 2 twin bed placed together. The new remodeling takes away any drawer/storage space. What's the logic? When ask what I can do to place my 10 days worth of shirts, etc. they suggested they can give me a OLD room that hasn't been remodeled. Is that the type of answer you expect?

There is a constant flow of tour groups here. The current group are a bunch of middle school kids from Japan on their graduation trip. I suppose the hotel has to make a living somehow. Just expect alot of noise and no sitting furniture in the lobby as it has been changed to like a airport check-in counter style of setup.

Location is great though!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business