1,572 results
All reviewsthe club loungespg memberrooftop poolpizza pubhealth clubshandao temple stationbusiness trippremier roomconcierge deskbreakfast buffet istrain stationan upgradefitness centerupgraded to a suiterooms are comfortableblue lineseparate shower
Reviewed September 7, 2017

I visited Taipei for three days as part of a side trip I took on the way to visit my relatives in Mainland China in Shenzhen. The hotel was clean, efficient and conveniently located. Exactly what I need when staying in an unfamiliar city!!

Stayed: May 2017
Reviewed September 2, 2017 via mobile

This used to be my default hotel whenever I visit Taiwan but my recent experience was anything but disappointing. We chose this hotel months in advance for a family celebration and booked The Galleria (a banquet room with a minimum spend of 7000USD) for the special occasion. Since some of the relatives were flying in from Southeast Asia to attend the event, we put them at this hotel for the convenience. However, these are all things that went wrong:

1) Check-in: We arrived three hours before the hotel's check-in time and was told by Eden that our room wasn't ready so we went upstairs for lunch. After an hour or so, we needed to find a nursing room for our newborn. We followed the signs and went to B2 but found nothing but construction. We decided to go back to the reception to ask if our room was ready. The receptionist called the SPG desk and replied that "Eden already told you the room won't be ready until 3." Since our room still wasn't ready, we asked them where we could find a nursing room, and no one seemed to know. By this point, with a crying baby in our arms, we asked for the manager and explained to her the situation. It clearly didn't matter to them that 1) we were having an event at the hotel, 2) we've booked 15 room nights for the weekend, 3) we had a crying baby in our arms.

Note that they didn't do anything wrong at this point because we showed up three hours before the hotel's check in time. However, there are much newer and cheaper hotels to stay at for this kind of indifferent, sub-par service.

2) Room conditions: The Sheraton is one of the oldest hotels in Taiwan and, despite going through a renovation several years ago, its age is beginning to show again. The carpets in the hallways smell moldy and the rooms are dusty. The TV in one of the rooms we booked was broken so our guests had to change rooms on the second day. (I'd understand if this was a motel, but this is the Sheraton "Grand.")

Overall, I do not recommend this hotel. If for some reason you have to be nearby, the Cozzi Zhongxiao just a couple streets down is cheaper and has much nicer rooms.

Stayed: August 2017, traveled with family
SheratonGrandTaipei, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Grande Taipei Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2017

Dear Ms. Yang,

Warm greetings from Sheraton Grand Taipei Hotel.

We appreciate your taking time to provide us with your constructive feedback on the arrival experience also the issue of the room which needs to renovate. We truly apologize for the discomfort and negative experience you had encountered. The related colleagues also the entire team members were addressed with these issues, and we will ensure the similar cases not happening in the future. For the renovation, we have already planned to renew the rooms within this year.

With the heartfelt apologies, we would like to extend our sincere concerns once again and we hope that we could get another opportunity to serve you in a more positive way in the near future. Please do contact me directly if I could be your further assistance.

Thank you for your understanding.

Warmest regards,

Pojanee

Guest Relation Manager

Reviewed August 30, 2017 via mobile

As always, Sheraton Grand Taipei offers excellent service as well as value. Being a SPG Platinum member, was extended a room upgrade as well as access to the Club Lounge.

Club Lounge check in proceed without a hitch. Due to late check in because of a flight delay, the efficient manner in which Mariko handled the check in process was a warm welcome, considering how tired I was.

Greatly appreciated Melody Hsu, the Club Lounge Supervisor, assistance with a future reservation in December 2017, with connecting rooms and upgrades as well.

Happy hour at the club lounge was pleasant. My favorite food was the Mince Pork with rice and Pork Ball Soup, which I strongly encourage anyone with Club Lounge Access to try. Embarrassingly, I had 2 bowls of each...

Hotel is currently upgrading their main lobby check in counters, but have noticed that they have provisioned for the upgrade to enable sit down check in, which I thought was a thoughtful move.

Everyone working at the Club Lounge and at the main lobby was extremely helpful. No request was too small for the staff at hand to assist. From the servers, to the concierge, everyone was extremely polite and ever ready to assist.

If there was any way I could rate the hotel staff with more than 5 stars, I would gladly do so.

Stayed: August 2017, traveled on business
Reviewed August 27, 2017 via mobile

We stayed here on a business trip and found it to be a surprisingly luxurious experience!
We had a huge suite! They cleaned and tidied it twice a day, and the bathroom was extraordinary. Real luxury.
They have an enormous buffet downstairs which serves 3 times a day. It's quite important to get in the queue at least 20/30 minutes before if you want to get a place!
There are some little independent shops downstairs, and the pizza restaurant looked great, although we didn't have enough time to visit it!
This is really a top, top class hotel.

Stayed: March 2017, traveled on business
Reviewed August 26, 2017 via mobile

Stayed here recently as it is conveniently close to the office I visit. The hotel needs an upgrade, rooms are tired and facilities have not kept pace with other hotels in the city. Gym very average, small and very tight for working out comfortably. Breakfast offering in main restaurant is expensive and very limited choices. Probably would not stay here again, if it wasn't so convenient for my work. Front desk staff friendly and helpful, restaurant staff, not so much.

Stayed: July 2017, traveled on business
SheratonGrandTaipei, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Grande Taipei Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2017

Dear hkdxbexpat ,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts regarding this issue, we appreciate you bringing it to our attention. We will share your message appropriately within Sheraton Grand Taipei Hotel.

Kindest regards,