1,571 results
All reviewsthe club loungespg memberrooftop poolpizza pubhealth clubshandao temple stationbusiness trippremier roomconcierge deskbreakfast buffet istrain stationan upgradefitness centerupgraded to a suiterooms are comfortableblue lineseparate shower
Reviewed July 26, 2008

Went to Taipei on a business trip and altogether, stayed for a total of 5 nights. Checking in was extremely fast, partly due to the reason that I was checking in at 8 plus in the evening. Hotel room itself was very spacious for a single person and the king size bed was comfortable. Bathroom was adequately equipped and all the items I needed was readily available. Air-con worked well without being too cold or too hot like some of the other hotels I went to. Internet access was also extremely fast and was able to hook up readily in minutes. Luckily, I was staying on a corporate plan so I was able to use the internet for free. However, for those who are not, NT$500 per day is considered expensive. On the downside, I find that the choices of TV channels were rather limited and the hotel may consider including more local channels.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed July 23, 2008

Other than the bellboy being slow with my luggage and the television being finicky, the hotel was excellent. Right next to Shandao Temple MTR station means easy access to all the great tourist stops. Close to Taipei Train Station as well, so it's a quick hop onto the new high speed rail. Atmosphere is great. King bed was pretty good. One weird quirk - there is one channel that is the camera that overlooks the ATM and pay phone on one of the floors...stalker-vision!

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed July 8, 2008

Stayed at the Sheraton for 2 weeks on business, and was happy with the service overall. Good service and smiles in the lobby. The lobby seemed quite new compared to others such as Westin and Howard. Hotel rooms are comparable. The breakfast buffets were ok for the price. Convenience can't be beat - there's an mtr station a few steps away outside the hotel front doors, and a short taxi ride would take you to the Taipei 101.
Curious incident- I had ordered room service with a can of coke on the night of my arrival, and put the unfinished can on my bedside table. The next day after returning from work, i found that the maid had covered my can of unfinished coke with a paper napkin. It stayed like that for 2 more days before i finally dumped it in the toilet. They thought I would finish it?
Personally I did not like the interface for changing tv channels. When you turn on the tv, you are allowed to preview the channels in a pic-in-pic mode, but once you choose one, you cannot channel surf, but need to exit back to the pic-in-pic mode before choosing another channel etc. A bit bothersome.
Plus, there was some problem with the foyer light in my room, which they never fixed and I never chased them after the 3rd attempt.
But otherwise it was a pleasant enough stay.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed June 22, 2008

I stayed for four nights on business in Taiwan and was impressed by the Sheraton. The staff are diligent and polite. The hotel is well maintained and has all the features of a good business hotel. The meals are excellent - but travellers paying for breakfast themselves might like to venture across the side street to McDonalds to save money. The location is superb, near to the government centres in Taipei, right next to an MRT subway stop and a few hundred metres from Taipei's main rail station (including the High Speed Rail - which is definitely the way to see the rest of Taiwan in a hurry!). Yes, the hotel lacks the picturesque charm of the Grand Hotel Taipei, and is not near the Taipei 101 tower, like the Hyatt - but is in a much more central location. I would recommend a visit to the Mitsukoshi department store and electronic stores opposite the main rail station, to experience Taipei shopping without stress!

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed May 3, 2008

This place is top-notch. Everything you'd expect from a luxury hotel. Our room was serene and the bathroom was amazing. The service was also incredible: there were English-speaking staff, of course. We had left behind our battery charger, and they kept it for us for several days until we were able to return and pick it up. Also, my father accidently left his digital camera in the lobby; when we returned a few hours later, the staff had retrived it for us and held it for safe keeping.
We also ordered a cake from the bakery for a birthday, and it took only 15 minutes.
Also, location is excellent: you are literally steps away from the subway stop.
I would strongly recommend this place.

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled as a couple