“Dongmen branch!”

Cuisines: Chinese
Good for: Families with children, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed June 24, 2016 via mobile

I hate waiting in lines for food and I've heard that is pretty much the status quo for this chain so we went early! We got there just after opening time and BAM walked straight in and were eating 10 minutes later.

We ended up going here twice for breakfast during our stay in Taipei. I don't personally rate dumplings however these were pretty amazing! The service was fantastic and the staff super friendly.

Highly recommended. Be careful you don't order too much like we did though...

Date of visit: June 2016
Write a ReviewReviews (4,542)

Reviewed June 24, 2016 via mobile

There is no question that this is one of the world's best restaurants . The fact that many dishes sell out and that there is always a queue shows the quality . Everything I have tried on the menu is freshly made and delicious - it is impossible to order anything bad . On my ten favourite restaurant list.

Reviewed June 23, 2016

I love the Din Tai Fung chain and in every city where I go, I check for a Din Tai Fung... So I tried the original Din Tai Fung in Taipei and found the same high quality tasteful food as in the other sites of the chain. Too bad they are not in Europe !!!
It was a very late lunch, so there were not many people as you can see on the picture.

Date of visit: May 2016
1  Thank biztraveller22
Reviewed June 22, 2016 via mobile

As other reviewers have said, this place gets very busy. Arrive an hour before you want to eat, get a number then look around the area. Once you are seated the food arrives quickly. One important tip is that they DON'T take credit cards.

Reviewed June 22, 2016 via mobile

Din Tai Fung has shops overseas but this one is still the best!! The food quality and the service is 10/10! The only thing is they don't take reservation, first come first serve basis. Try to go there before 6pm.