Hotel 73
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Dongmen Hotel(Zhongzheng District)
Citizen Hotel(Zhongzheng District)
Very Good 4/5
Chaiin Hotel - Dongmen(Zhongzheng District)
  • Breakfast included
Royal Biz Taipei(Zhongzheng District)
  • Breakfast included
Many Flower Business Hotel(Zhongzheng District)
  • Restaurant
ARK Hotel(Da'an)
  • Room Service
1,030 results
All reviewsdongmen marketdin tai fungyong kang streetmrt stationmemorial halltraditional marketgreat boutiquedong mendaan parkbeef noodlesfood streetchiang kai shek memorialself service laundryfree laundrywestern choicesminute walkrooms are small
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 3, 2013

I planned to stay at CityInn but it was fully booked.. So I looked for hotels under the same group with similar price. After comparing the price and location, I picked Hotel 73. Honestly, my selection is also based on the trendy design. I am not disappointed. The location is good. After arriving to Taipei Station by airport bus, I took a taxi to the hotel since I had a luggage. It was a short ride and cost 100 TWD. Staffs were friendly and I love the lobby, it has almost every information that a traveler needs. Room is in good size and clean. I can also access to the 24 hours laundry room if I need to, it’s free. Breakfast is included. Like other reviewers mentioned, this hotel is very closed to the MRT. Also, it is very closed to YongKang Street where you can find shops, restaurants and some great dessert places. It took me about 5-10 mins by walking. With this price, I don’t think I can complain anything except the wi-fi, the signal was not too stable in my room.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
Hotel73Taipei, surpervisor at Hotel 73, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2013

Dear Valued guest

Thank you for choosing hotel 73 and taking your precious time to share a review with us. We are so delighted to hear that you enjoyed our hotel amenities and service. Your positive comment will be passed on to our team. I'm sure this will be a big encouragement to them.

Thank you for giving us the opportunity to accommodate you and we are all sincerely looking forward to welcoming you back to hotel 73 in the near future!

Yours Faithfully,

Jennifer Chen / Supervisor
Hotel 73 Taipei

Reviewed October 3, 2013

Finally the MRT is in operational; less than 50-steps is the 东門 MRT and is easily accessible to other MRT. Room is as usual comfortable and clean. Basic toiletries are available in the room. WIFI is good. Local transport is right at the hotel door steps and the noise is well contained and never disturb your rest. 7-eleven and Starbucks is by the side. 永康街 is 200m away. Experience the local day market which is beside the hotel. Hotel employees are extremely friendly and helpful. They anticipate to your need. I also found the room has safe box now. Well done. Free laundry service available. Thanks for the tomato bread; well done and stay that way chef. Breakfast is good but can be better if have more variety. Suggest having a notice board at lobby for hotel guest to comment their trip at various areas of interest. Suggest having a U-bike station near your hotel. Suggest Bluetooth speaker in the room just like SWIIO HOTEL. Thank you and I will be back.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
Jenniferfish, Supervisor at Hotel 73, responded to this reviewResponded October 20, 2013

Dear sarrono,

Thank you for staying at the Hotel 73 and taking your time to share your valuable comments with us. We are so glad to know that you enjoyed our services and the facilities. The entire team and I sincerely appreciate your encouragements and many suggestions so that we may serve our guests better.

Thank you once again and warmest regards

Jennifer Chen / Supervisor
Hotel 73 Taipei

Reviewed September 8, 2013

About 2 minutes walk from the MRT station (use exit 1 or 2). Lots of shops within easy walking distance. I loved that it was so close to the MRT - which is a fantastic way to get around Taipei. I don't normally use trains - but the MRT was clean, easy, safe and air conditioned and I used Hotel 73 as my base to travel around the city for two days (get the unlimited train travel for TW150/day).

Staff were excellent. Excellent customer service in hotels seems to be normal in Taipei. There is also a computer/printer near reception if you need it. WiFi in rooms. Breakfast was very good, included in the room price.

The downside - the room was small. The bed was a double bed, which took up most of the room. There was one chair. One of us had to sit on the bed if we were in the room together. There was no other space in the room. Bathroom was quite spacious and modern.

Overall, I would stay at this hotel again if I return to Taipei. It is a great location, lots of shops nearby, the staff are excellent, the rooms are very good - although very small (which is why I rated the room and sleep quality as average). The room cost was $90AUD per night. I would definitely pay additional for a larger room next time.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Peter S
JohnnyChiang, Supervisor at Hotel 73, responded to this reviewResponded September 8, 2013

Dear Peter S,

I would like to express our heartily thanks for your comments. We are pleased to know that you had a good time with us.

We’re pleased that you chose the Hotel 73, and we look forward to the opportunity and the pleasure of serving you once again in the near future.

Best regards,

Johnny Chiang, Supervisor
Hotel 73, Taipei

Reviewed August 28, 2013

This Hotel was recommended to me by a friend of a friend. I had never been to Taiwan before having spent most of my recent holidays in Japan.
Its really easy to find the Hotel which is about 3 minutes walk from Dongmen MRT station Exit 2. In the opposite direction it was only a 5 minute walk to the 'Chiang Kai-Shek Memorial' ... a beautiful monument ... and a further 5 minutes you can get to the Presidential Offices .... another imposing building.

Because I was staying for a week I was able to get a cheap deal for a single room which was one of the most tastefully decorated rooms I have ever stayed in .... including the ensuite bathroom and toilet, It was quite large as well and there was a lot of desk space.

The staff were extremely polite and friendly and always willing to help you plan your day or evening activities and were always willing to chat to in english .

The breakfast was amazing with a wide range of local dishes, fruit , juices, coffee etc. So you could just select various dishes to make a western breakfast or you could try all the local cuisine ..... I did both and tried something new everyday.

They also had free laundry facilities ... in most places I have stayed you usually have to pay something. It was ideal for me as I only take a weeks supply of clothes so I am always on the lookout for somewhere to wash them, especially this summer as I was travelling for 5 weeks.

So all in all it was an ideal place for me and I would love to go back again, thanks once again to all the staff.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank DavidCA2013
Helen_Chen, 經理 at Hotel 73, responded to this reviewResponded August 31, 2013

Dear Mr, David,

Greetings from Hotel 73!

Thank you for choosing Hotel 73 as your home in Taipei and taking your precious time to share your recent experience with us. We are greatly honored of your high ranking and glad to know that you had truly enjoyed your stay with us.

Your support is the motivation for us to continue trying to be the best every day and I will definitely share your valuable comments with my associates.

Thanking you and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Sincerely yours,

Helen Chen
Hotel 73

Reviewed August 28, 2013

What I love about this hotel:
- Great location: Only about a minute walk away from the metro station. With Dongmen market is just right beside and Yongkang street about five minutes away, you'll never run out of places for food. By cab, Taipei station isn't too far away, costing me about 130twd one-way, especially since I had quite a bit of luggage to handle when I left and taking the train would be a little tough.

- Nice room: The room I had was nice and clean, though it had no windows. Complimentary snacks and bottles of water were provided and replenished everyday.

- Free and stable wifi: There's a wifi-point for every level and it's pretty stable.

- Breakfast is provided

- Friendly staff: The staff were friendly and polite, and handled my queries patiently. They also assisted me in getting a cab when I left.

What I think can be improved:
- The walls were rather thin, and my room was located right beside the stairs. I could hear the sounds everytime someone enters or exits the corridor. Also I could hear the water flowing through the pipe every now and then. The sounds bothered me quite a bit, so you might want to request for a room that's not beside the stairs.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
Helen_Chen, 經理 at Hotel 73, responded to this reviewResponded August 31, 2013

• Dear Jirian,
Greetings from the Hotel 73!

Thank you for selecting Hotel 73 and taking your precious time to share your recent experience with us. It It is the great honor of your high ranking and glad to know that you have a nice stay with us.

We are trying to do improve hotel soundproof issue, however, due to hotel was renovated by an old building, the effect is not satisfied. We sill working on the facilities improvement all the time and wish it will be fixed in the nearly future.

Your support is the motivation for us to provide the best service to all travelers and I will definitely share your valuable comments with my associates.

Thanking you and we look forward to welcoming you back to stay with us in the near future.

Sincerely yours,