Orange Hotel - Kaifong
Chaiin Hotel - Dongmen(Zhongzheng District)
$58
$52
Hotel 73(Zhongzheng District)
$66
$59
$67
$62
Agoda.com
Sheraton Grande Taipei Hotel(Zhongzheng District)
$217
$207
  • Pool
Taipei Garden Hotel(Zhongzheng District)
$132
$99
Agoda.com
Caesar Park Taipei(Zhongzheng District)
$104
$100
Agoda.com
Hotel Relax I(Zhongzheng District)
$70
$68
  • Breakfast included
Cosmos Hotel Taipei(Zhongzheng District)
$122
$94
Just Sleep Ximending(Zhongzheng District)
$107
$93
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Cozzi Zhongxiao Taipei(Zhongzheng District)
$151
$115
  • Breakfast included
All reviewstaipei stationwalking distancereception arearoom was cleanroom cardhotel is in a great locationpost officefree drinkshotel room isgood sizeyour luggagedantetaxitaiwanximenreceptionistconvenience
Reviewed June 7, 2010

This hotel is in a great location - just around the corner from Taipei Main Railway Station (closest exit from the subway is Z10) and thus a couple of minutes walk from the bus station, so it's easy to travel to and from the airport, or to anywhere via MRT.

There's lots of coffee shops around here, plus Taipei's street of camera shops is one block over (although I did walk past a lot of 'barber shops' that had a different purpose to getting your hair cut. On the other hand, there's no eating facilities in the hotel itself; you can a breakfast voucher for the Dante's Coffee over the street.

Room was basic, and smelt a little bit musty when I first arrived, but that dissipated. Or I grew accustomed to it. There's only a bed and a single chair in the room, so you're not going to spend much time there when you're not asleep. It's a small room (not quite the capsule I was fearing when I arrived, but it's not big by any standard).

As others have mentioned, the toilet is separated from the rest of the room by a glass partition - not even a door - which I do find a little off-putting. I suppose if you're travelling by yourself it makes no odds, but if you find yourself sat on the loo while the cleaner is banging on the door because she wants to make up your room then you may be a little disconcerted.

There's a television with more channels than I knew what to do with. I couldn't get the internet connection in the room to work though.

Water from the taps and the shower took a long time to warm up. The first day, I didn't realise it had hot water. Plus the instruction on the shower cubicle door says to push when it should say to pull, but that's just being picky. There are a few other signs of it needing freshening up though; the door stop had broken out of the floor rather than being attached, and the rail for the shower head wasn't adjustable; or rather, you could move the shower head up, and it would slip down again immediately afterward. A small annoyance, but after a couple of days that would begin to grate.

Bed was very comfortable. Although the second night I was there I drank far too much and would have probably slept comfortably on the floor. Staff were as helpful as they could be: but since that just involved taking my details and giving me my keycard, there's not much in the way of service needing to be assessed.

Basically, cheap (I paid China Airlines 2,600 HKD for a return flight and two nights here) so you're getting what you pay for, but it's in a good location and it's not squalid or dirty. Can't really complain.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled solo
2  Thank MrCushtie
Reviewed January 13, 2010

I stayed at Forte Orange Business Hotel (Guarqian) for 3 nights and I paid only about 2300 per night. It's very value to the money I paid after getting into the room. everything is clean, especially the bathroom is good. TV serves a lot of English channels.

The most impressive thing is location which is so close to MRT, Taipei Main Station and also close to TRA (Taipei Railway Station) for visitting other cities.

I'm sure I'll stay in this hotel again if I'll be back to Taipei.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Noppawit
Reviewed December 30, 2009

I paid 1900 NTD/night for a double room through their website.The rooms are small but well equipped, with
safe, small fridge, kettle, tea and coffee, plasma TV. The glass walled bathroom have no door, so the room
can become quite fragrant, to put it nicely. My room was very quiet, with a good bed and pillows, making for
a good night's rest. There is no restaurant or room service, and no business center, if you didn't bring your
own laptop. Reception is so small, that at noon when everyone is checking out, it becomes uncomfortable.The
location and friendly staff are great. Overall, a reasonably priced hotel for Taipei if you can put up with the
silly washroom design.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed December 15, 2009

We stayed at the Orange Suite for 5 nights and it was a very pleasant experience.

Our taxi driver, Mr Ian Chen had no problems locating the hotel at Kaifeng Street. The hotel building and entrance is neither grand nor outstanding, so if it's your first time here look out for the Family Mart just next to it, which should be a good landmark to help you spot it.

From street level, you take the lift to the reception, on the 2nd level. Checking in was a breeze, just show your booking confirmation to the hotel staff and they will see to the rest. Do note that upfront payment (via credit card (only VISA or MASTER accepted) or cash) is required and thereafter the security card keys and breakfast vouchers will be issued to you.

Our suite was on the 8th level (there are 10 levels altogether), and we were told to scan our card keys at the sensor to get to our floor. This security feature is quite common in Singapore so I felt it was nice that this small business hotel practiced the same.

Well, first impression of our suite was that it was very spacious and clean. There was a king-sized bed with comfortable pillows, LCD TV, bar fridge, big sofa, toiletries and safe box. We liked the overall design and layout of the rooms, which was pretty chic. However, do note there was no wardrobe and in its place the hotel provides a clothes rack with hangers, which was no issue for us.

Location wise, the hotel is a 5 to 10 min walk from Taipei Main Station, which is pretty good as we used it as a base to take the buses, HSR, trains, etc. There are plenty of eating establishments and convenience stores all around so no problems if you need a night snack. You can also walk to XMD in about 10 to 15 min, which is what we did on our 1st night.

There is no restaurant in the hotel, so daily breakfast is served at Dante Coffee, a 2 min walk down the street. If sandwiches, burgers, porridge are not your thing you can head to Mcdonald's or Yong He Eating House (which serves traditional Taiwan breakfast), opposite Shin Kong Mitsukoshi or just a street away respectively.

From the front desk to the cleaning ladies, we were impressed by the high service standards here, very warm, attentive, professional and always accommodating.

Overall, value for money in a good location and great service.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
4  Thank FnE_Traveller
Reviewed August 7, 2009

We did have slight trouble locating the hotel at Kaifong street, even with a Taiwanese friend trying to help us locate it. It is not as centrally located as for example Rainbow hotel but you'll love it for the rooms and beats Rainbow hands down!

However we love, love, love the rooms for being clean, roomy, very very contemporary in design and colour choice. So while others may not appreciate the translucent bathroom door, it was just contemporary and chic in terms of the whole design. Bed was really nice and comfortable, pillows very fluffy.

Pity we could only stay for 1 night.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled as a couple