Stayed at this hotel with my family including my parents and sister. As I am from Leyte and has travelled extensively around the world, Me & my family has been somewhat been spoilt by the many experiences we have had travelling and living around the globe. As far as Asia is concerned, we know from experience that you don't have to pay a top notch price to get spoilt and don't feel like you are being ripped-off while having a good time. We have tried many times other hotels along the Leyte-Samar region and has never been convinced that there is anywhere worth going where we can relax and enjoy ourselves without the hassle of poor service and low quality standard hotel. Here in Padre Burgos Castle Hotel, we feel like we were in the sanctuary of our own private hotel. The rooms were very clean including the beach side and exterior part of the hotel. Our gastronomic experience with each meals were exceptional, thanks to Delia, the owner's wife who uses only local produce and fresh catch of the day from the island. David has been a truly good host and offers very good advise depending on what activities you have in mind. Since we were not a group of scuba enthusiasts, we opted to arrange for an island trip which luckily was the best sunny day of the entire three days we spent at Padre Burgos. We did a bit of snorkelling and swimming around Limasawa island, a very historical island as it was where the first religious catholic mass was celebrated in Philippines in March 1521. Our booking included arranged pick-up from and to Tacloban. The hotel shuttle service was excellent with enough leg room, large windows to be able to see the beautiful landscape and bay of Southern Leyte and the aircons were perfectly working and an impressive and careful driver. Despite of slight delay due to the fact that the bus had a minor problem on it's way to Tacloban for our pick-up, we were receiving constant updates via sms message from David as to how far the bus were from Tacloban. Finally our pick-up arrived approximately around 10.30am instead of the expected 8.30am but we were assured by the driver that he will get us to Padre Burgos in 2 1/2 hours instead of three, which he did. When we finally arrived at Padre Burgos Castle Resort, David was there to receive us, with a cold welcome drinks. As soon as we finally got settled in our individual rooms (we had 3 rooms out of the 5 rooms available of the hotel), we were instantly ushered to the restaurant where we had the first gourmet experience of Delia's superb cooking and a surprise offer from David of a complimentary bottle of wine for us to go with our food to compensate our delay. This gesture truly manifests good service and professionalism on the part of the management. Our overall experience on this trip was excellent and plans to go back again next year for our home leave.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An idyllic family-run boutique hotel and PADI dive resort, with luxurious facilities and a friendly and intimate atmosphere. Superb location with great private beach, beautiful corals and stunning sea views. All guest rooms beautifully furnished and decorated, with air-conditioning and en-suite bathrooms. Guided scuba diving, snorkeling, swimming with whale sharks, dolphin watching, island hopping, sailing, kayaking,swimming pool, private beach, free Wi-Fi, bar and fine-dining restaurant. Local activities include land tours, caving, waterfalls, wild monkeys and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Padre Burgos Castle Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Padre Burgos Castle Hotel Padre Burgos
- Padre Burgos Castle Resort Southern Leyte Province, Philippines