We were in Tangkaan for three nights, and we decided to go with Padre Burgos Castle Resort on daily boat trips, to watch whalesharks - and we did it twice.
David was excellent answering our questions before we arrived Tangkaan and was the only place that told us that was able to do a whaleshark watching trip with just two persons.
We did it twice, as we were not lucky to see the whalesharks on the first day, although a manta ray showed up instead of a whaleshark. Both the trips were very well organized, with dolphin watching (on both days), always different snorkeling spots, one of the days a visit to Limasawa Island. Really well planned whaleshark spotting, respecting the spotter association of Barangay Pintuyan and using their great and highly motivated spotters.
The food prepared during both days was really great (barbecue meat and fish, really good) and we were really pleased with the service.
The staff at the Resort was extremelly helpful and the service was excellent!
Definetely, we recommend it!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An idyllic family-run boutique hotel and PADI dive resort, with luxurious facilities and a friendly and intimate atmosphere. Superb location with great private beach, beautiful corals and stunning sea views. All guest rooms beautifully furnished and decorated, with air-conditioning and en-suite bathrooms. Guided scuba diving, snorkeling, swimming with whale sharks, dolphin watching, island hopping, sailing, kayaking,swimming pool, private beach, free Wi-Fi, bar and fine-dining restaurant. Local activities include land tours, caving, waterfalls, wild monkeys and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Padre Burgos Castle Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Padre Burgos Castle Hotel Padre Burgos
- Padre Burgos Castle Resort Southern Leyte Province, Philippines