My wife and I spent 6 nights at PBC in January 2012. It lived up to all the expectations of excellent food, good service and comfort in a superb setting. We did the kayaking, snorkelling and also swimming with the whale sharks which were plentiful. It was an amazing experience.
There were little niggles at first impression. Like the drinking water, which comes free in many places, was not only charged but replaced if only partially consumed. There are little costs like hiring equipement for a few Pesos an hour or a day. Since this doesn't represent huge sums, and are not even so much in demand, one would certainly feel more welcome if these little costs would be included in the price of the room. Regarding the room nr. 3, it would be a good idea to fix half length curtains as we had 4-5 time a day people walking right behind our windows.
That said, it was a fantastic place and we would recommend without hesitation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An idyllic family-run boutique hotel and PADI dive resort, with luxurious facilities and a friendly and intimate atmosphere. Superb location with great private beach, beautiful corals and stunning sea views. All guest rooms beautifully furnished and decorated, with air-conditioning and en-suite bathrooms. Guided scuba diving, snorkeling, swimming with whale sharks, dolphin watching, island hopping, sailing, kayaking,swimming pool, private beach, free Wi-Fi, bar and fine-dining restaurant. Local activities include land tours, caving, waterfalls, wild monkeys and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your Padre Burgos Castle Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Padre Burgos Castle Hotel Padre Burgos
- Padre Burgos Castle Resort Southern Leyte Province, Philippines