“One of the best properties I've stayed at in Thailand”

The Puka Boutique Resort
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in San Kamphaeng
Bangkok, Thailand
“One of the best properties I've stayed at in Thailand”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2013

I've been living in Thailand for about 4 years now and I've traveled around Thailand quite a bit. The Puka Boutique Resort was one of the best places I've stayed. The resort is small, with only 6 rooms, but each of the rooms are spacious with a lounge area separate from the bedroom. The bathrooms are large and the showers was hot and powerful. There is a small back balcony and the front porch was a lovely place to sit and relax with your significant other/friends. You can tell that each room was carefully decorated using premium, locally sourced decorations. The bed was large and a little on the hard side. But the cozy feel to the whole place made up for any short comings.

There is a pool that overlooks a small rice paddy. The whole resort is set back from Chiang Mai, providing a truly relaxing and country-style experience. The staff were wonderful and very accommodating. You really felt that you were a guest and not just another customer.

Keep in mind that you are about 20 minutes from the city of Chiang Mai. The hotel has a van service for 300 baht/trip. I recommend you get a motorbike or rent a car if you want to travel back and forth frequently. Otherwise, just be lazy and lounge around the beautiful Puka grounds.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank SteveDobosh

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
London, UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here for one night as part of our honeymoon in thailand and before getting a flight from chiang mai to koh samui.

We had lunch at the hotel when we arrived,the food was great and would recommend eating here. The hotel is not within walking distance of any restaurants but this didn't bother us as we had rented a car and we drove to chiang mai for dinner-about 15 mins drive.

We stayed in the honeymoon suite which was huge and had a rain shower and jacuzzi- unfortunately the jacuzzi was broken when we tried it so didn't get to enjoy it but the room was lovely and had a private balcony.

A great place to relax and use as a base to visit chiang mai and surrounding area.

• Stayed December 2012
2 Thank gigglybebe
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2012

Puka Boutique Resort lived up to the other reviews and far exceeded my expectations. This was truly the best hotel I’ve stayed at. The owners are engineers and an interior designer. It was obvious that every building and piece of furniture was built and chosen with care. The rooms are enormous, including the largest shower I’ve ever used. The pool and restaurant overlook the resort’s rice paddy fields. They serve the rice at the restaurant. The meals were delicious and generous. The manager, cook, and staff took very good care of us and made us feel at home. Pi Nong made several tourist arrangements for us and the excursions didn’t disappoint. The resort is about 20 minutes from the center of Chiang Mai, which was exactly what I was looking for. The resort was a serene escape from the hustle bustle of the city but close enough to take a taxi. The only downside I would say is that the wifi connection in the room was not reliable and I would have to go to the reception area to use. Because I wanted to be disconnected from cyberspace, this didn’t bother me very much.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank zengirl_k
Hua hin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2012

beatiful place with a artistic design.tropical garden and nice pool which located among the peddy filed. Room was so big and fully faclities. Staff was very good service and friendly like the family. i love the food was so delicious, breakfast was good too. That's my second home which fullfill my energy and back for work nicely. The resort was privacy, you can rest in anywhere of this place. I will come back for sure.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Aketra
Rome, Italy
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2012

Thanks to P Nong, to the owner, to all the people who work there! Puka resort is what I look forward to every time I land in Thailand.
If you like a relaxing place to stay, to work, to read, to write close enough to Chiang Mai to explore the beauty of the city, but far enough to enjoy the quiet and atmosphere of the resort itself if you don't feel like going to town - Puka is the place for you!
I've been there twice, every time I like it more... It's fair for them to tell the world how beautiful and charming is the place, how nice, available and kind are the people who work there, how amazingly tasty is the food, and how great are the massage.. but.. I'm just scared that if too many people will discover this gem the place might get spoiled. So, my plea to the owner and the management - please.. stay as you are, don't change.. and the many people who adore you now, will keep on coming to visit you! :-)

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
4 Thank LuckySere
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2012

A gem of a boutique resort. I wouldn't like to write too much about this sweetheart of all resorts lest too many bully tourists destroy the pristine beauty of this resort. I would hold it as a secret deep in our hearts .. a secret hideaway and a total celebration in ethnic style and a parade of gourmet Thai cuisine . Shhhh lets keep it a secret .

• Stayed January 2012
3 Thank settmanas
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2010

Puka resort's location is such a natural, romantic and quite. With nice service, very friendly staffs, they have free airport transfer to pick up at the airport and also have a one day trip by our request (but this one we have to pay for the tour).

The room in this resort is clean and very huge, we choosed to stay at the contemperary Thai style room which was very nice decorate plenty of space with seperate sleeping and living zone and small balcony that we can see lovely garden at the back. We asked for Thai traditional massage in our room, it was very cheap and very good though.

Swimmingpool situated nearby rice field which is very nice and at night we enjoyed at the open bar called "Puka bar" so romantic with a nice sip of cocktail,good song and excellent scenery. We were really enjoy and relax.

Here is suited for couple or family to spend time for relaxing and learn about the local culture.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
#3 of 4 in San Kamphaeng
Baanpong Lodge
Baanpong Lodge
#1 of 10 in San Kamphaeng

Been to The Puka Boutique Resort? Share your experiences!