“Huge disappointment! Waste of money. ”

Mountain and Sea House
Reserve a table
Ranked #224 of 2,721 Restaurants in Zhongshan District
Cuisines: Taiwanese
Good for: Local cuisine, Scenic view
Description: Mountain and Sea House restaurant seeks to reacquaint itself with the history and culture of local customs, ingredients and the history/culture of culinary habits and on the basis of that understanding breathe new life into contemporary Taiwanese haute cuisine.
Reviewed May 30, 2019 via mobile

I can not believe this place has a Michelin star.

The only good thing about this place is the front door.

I am not a picky person at all. I love street food and high end restaurants. I love food of all kinds, but this place is horrible and for the price I was extremely dissatisfied. Even if it was cheap I would have been disappointed.

Bad decor, dirty floor, no flavor, very, VERY bland food.

I never leave reviews, but felt compelled to do so for this restaurant because it’s price and the supposed Michelin star makes it far worse that the food was so bad.

Date of visit: May 2019
2  Thank dpack84
Write a reviewReviews (78)

Reviewed April 25, 2019

Entrance is grand. One of the best in Taipei. Waitress are elegant and informative. Lead us to our table in a room on the 2nd floor.

Our party of 12 (6 adults and 6 kids) ordered a set menu for 8 which suppose to her their famous selections. I have tried all the dishes and I would say they are ok delicious but not extravagant. I have tried a few Taiwan restaurants in HK, and I think they are pretty much the same. Only the deco is grander and is located in Taipei.

I could recommend for others to try one time, but I will not come again.

Date of visit: April 2019
Reviewed April 14, 2019 via mobile

New Michelin 1* Taiwanese restaurant in Taipei. Sorry to say the only dish I like is their entree platter, other dishes at Mountain and Sea House are just “ordinary”. The amazing plating does not help the favours. And sadly, each dish tastes blander then the one before it. Having said that, even though Mountain and Sea House is where fine dining Taiwanese cuisine originated, I would rather visit other humble restaurants that can truly do justice to Taiwanese cuisine.

Date of visit: April 2019
Reviewed April 7, 2019

Experienced visitors to Taipei already know that Taiwanese are real foodies. Restaurants of every description and price point are available in Taipei. For those who don't mind spending more for an authentic Taiwanese dining experience, reserve a table at Mountain and Sea House Restaurant. Bring a lot of friends because you will be served A LOT of food! If you don't know what to order, just pre-order one of their set dinners. These come in various price levels. If you're really hungry, add one of their specialty dishes. You have to order these in advance because they may take more than a day to prepare. Everything is made fresh and grown from their farms. If you don't speak Mandarin, ask for a server who can speak English and she will explain in meticulous detail how each and every dish is made as it is served to you.

Date of visit: March 2019
Reviewed November 20, 2018 via mobile

We went there as a three generations family. The dishes are special and tasty. I think the dishes are quite creative, like the beef cooked with eggs. The service and the venue are both exceptional and we had a memorable meal there. The menu is shown on an iPad but the hard copy of the menu is much more comprehensive. There are many dishes we have not tried and some need to be reserved before hand. I will definitely like to visit again and try their other signature dishes.

Date of visit: November 2018