THE Tango Taipei NanShi
Hotel Royal-Nikko Taipei(Zhongshan District)
$164
$138
Agoda.com
The Okura Prestige Taipei(Zhongshan District)
Free cancellation until 05/31
$243
$237
Regent Taipei(Zhongshan District)
$225
Hotels.com
  • Pool
The Westin Taipei(Zhongshan District)
$266
$220
Trip.com
Evergreen Laurel Hotel Taipei(Zhongshan District)
$137
$122
Agoda.com
FX Hotel - Taipei Nanjing East Road(Zhongshan District)(Great Value!)
$83
$71
Ambience Hotel(Zhongshan District)
$92
$89
YoMi Hotel(Zhongshan District)
$69
  • Breakfast included
Grand Hotel Taipei(Zhongshan District)
$115
$92
Tokyo International Hotel(Zhongshan District)
Free cancellation until 05/27
$125
$115
  • Breakfast included
All reviewspineapple cakejunior kingzhongshan stationboutique hotelhigh techevian waterbreakfast room is quite smalldim lightingcomplimentary soft drinksautomated toiletdepartment storefront desk staffexcellent locationipod docksmall sofasound systemled lights
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Stayed 3 nights in April 2013. Hotel is extremely close to the Zhongshan Station and within 10 minutes walk to Taipei Station.

Room was a bit small, but I was travelling along, so it was not a big issue. The best part of the stay was the jacuzzi bath tub and really cool ceiling shower heads. Even though the hotel is located in a district, the neighbourhood is actually very quiet come night time, and the hotel also has good sound blocking.

Will stay there again for sure next time I travel to Taipei.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed August 22, 2013

Stayed for 3 nights here. Check in was fine, the staff spoke good enough. We took a Preimum King room. The room size was quite ok, very impressive how high tech the room can be, with the automated toileted; jacuzzi bathtube; automated curtains; tv in the bed room and in the toilet as well. We were glad to have taken this room! It was extremely close to the MRT as well. Very convenient.

Here comes the bad part. We requested for a high floor facing the back of the hotel, as recommended by the reviews in TA. However, they informed us that there was no available room. Thus we had a room on the highest level available that day, the 5th storey i think? but facing the main road. This is a huge mistake. We could hear the street noises clearly from our room! As we are light sleepers, the occassional motorbike or car ramming their engines was enough to wake us up. This is a pity! As I loved everything else in the hotel. Thus if you are light sleepers like we are, I suggest you to get another hotel. They hotel is not suitable for you. However, the price we paid for the quality of the gadgets and comfort of the room is very worth it :)

I guess we will try another hotel the next time unless they improve the insulation to their windows.

Room Tip: Higher floor facing the back of the hotel. If you face the main road, good luck to you if you are a light sleeper! It is REALLY noisy!
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank xmEex
Reviewed August 13, 2013

Stayed 3 nights here at the hotel. Room was a little small for 2,but the great design made up for it. Very comfortable king sized bed. Huge tv with great speakers. Great coffee/tea making facilities n even an adorable little microwave is there! The toilet was fantastic! Loved the jacuzzi n the fancy toilet gadgets! All the amenities provided by the hotel eg.plush bathrobes,free Evian water n free mini bar, stable wifi, made it feel like a 5-star hotel stay for us. It's location is superb also,being just outside exit 4 at the Zhongsan train station. Breakfast was nice enough also. Highly recommended!

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed August 2, 2013

Hello Stayed in this property from 26 July till the 31 July, excellent location, but property needs up keep, breakfast has deteriorated a bit, food not as good as before.
Will stay again due to its excellent location

Room Tip: Choose a higher floor noise level better
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Henson_8
Reviewed July 31, 2013

I booked this hotel based on reading the reviews from Tripadvisor and also recomendation from a friend who requent Taipei.

I was very impressed the moment I stepped into the lobby. Staffs at the reception were very friendly everytime you walk pass them. Lobby area was small but it gives you a comfy feeling. Check in procedure was first.

I was put into 7th floor, and wifi was something I will look into it before anything. Eventhou it says wifi free, however, I was very upset that it doesn't work well for me. I called them to feedback, and their respond time to react was fast. After trying a few times, they decided to add in a stronger signal box in my room for me... well, it still doesn't work well enough. As I am on a overnight flight, I decided to go off to sleep and settle it the next day. However, i was out the whole day on the 2nd day and only managed to check the signal by night. To my disappointed, it failed again. I requested a change of room and was told that no room was available. 3rd day, I request them to check on the wifi signal in my room again and hope to have a peace of mind when I return in the night.

Before I make any complain in the night, they actually have me to change room. I was then moved from 7th floor to 3rd floor. And this time, I have totally no complain at all.

Oh, something to take note of the room, room was pretty small, but sufficient for couple.

Breakfast, well, I suggest if you want to full your stomach, remember to be there early. There's not much table around, area pretty small and their food serving also very small, and the turnaround to replendish their buffet dish seriously very slow too....

But of course, the location was very convenient, ZhongShan MRT station is just 2mins walk and it will bring you to everywhere. But duing the night, is pretty quiet as you will have to travel out by taxi/cab to the night market located some other places. But then again, cab fate is pretty cheap, so no worries.

Something to mention, their mini bar was pretty good, it does comes with good quality chinese tea bag and tea leaves, evain mineral water, 3 cans of soft drinks... pretty sufficient. Love their stylo microwave too although I am not using it...

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple