The Westin Taipei
The Okura Prestige Taipei(Zhongshan District)
$536
$261
Ambience Hotel(Zhongshan District)
$120
$111
  • Breakfast included
Ambassador Hotel Taipei(Zhongshan District)
$239
$178
Agoda.com
San Want Residences(Zhongshan District)
$118
The Riviera Hotel(Zhongshan District)
$132
$123
Regent Taipei(Zhongshan District)
$363
$344
  • Pool
Miramar Garden Taipei(Zhongshan District)
$149
Agoda.com
Imperial Hotel Taipei(Zhongshan District)
$89
$58
Agoda.com
Hotel Sunroute Taipei(Zhongshan District)(Great Value!)
$81
$79
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
Taipei Gala Hotel(Zhongshan District)
$390
$168
Travelocity
1,024 results
All reviewsthe executive loungeheavenly bedsilk roadchurchill barplatinum memberspg hotelsbusiness tripupgraded to a suitemovie theaterbusiness loungenanjing fuxinglounge accessan upgradeclub floorconvenient locationbusiness districtbit dated
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 27, 2011

I have always enjoyed my stays at Westin, and, even though it is not a hotel our company typically chooses to stay at, I always stay at Westin hotels for my personal trips. My last trip was horrible, to say the least. Having worked till 4am on a Friday night (Saturday early morning), I was looking forward to getting to sleep in and was woken up by very loud and annoying renovation noises at 8:30am on Saturday! I complained and called the service hotline but they told me that there was nothing they could do as the renovations had started.

What's the point of having "heavenly beds" if you can't get your sleep? Issues I feel were sorely neglected by Westin:
1) having renovations on a weekend start at such UNREASONABLE hours
2) placing me on 8th floor when renovations on 9th and 10th floors were ongoing – we heard drilling and pipe cutting sharp noises very loudly!

When I checked out, I voiced my displeasure again to Ms Vivien Owyeang and she only said "sorry, we will make sure we do not give you a room right under a floor where renovations are ongoing" - Nothing about what they're going to do to REMEDY my poor stay, only a "promise" to do what they're SUPPOSED to do next time?

Also – I asked Ms Owyeang to speak to the manager and she refused and ignored my request.

This is VERY RUDE and VERY UNACCEPTABLE service – Note that the Taipei Westin is not actually a Westin operated hotel, it is merely owned and operated by Luofoo group under a licence of the Westin hotel but this is BEYOND ACCEPTABLE and I feel like I need to warn fellow travelers!

Room Tip: STAY away from floors close to G/F, 9-10/F where renovations are ongoing - unless you will be out by 8am and won't be disturbed by the noise and disruptions
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
4  Thank fifif311
Toni C, Front Office Manager at The Westin Taipei, responded to this reviewResponded January 20, 2017

We would like to thank you for taking the time to share your concerns with us.

To provide professional and warm service and to give our guest a pleasant stay is our goal.

We are very much thankful for your precious time to stay in our place and looking forward to welcoming you back to serve you better in the near future.

Reviewed November 22, 2011

The hotel is about 5 minutes walk away from Songjiang Nanjing station and NT200 away from Tapei 101. There is a starbucks next door if you need your American coffee fix.

Room is clean and smells great like any other Westin hotel. The bed is wonderfully soft and I had a sound sleep the whole night through. Loved the huge spread of western and chinese dishes for breakfast.

Staff speak basic English and should be able to handle directions to most tourist places.

Room Tip: Choose rooms with two double beds instead of king size bed to get a view of Taipei 101. Rooms with king beds faces the adjacent office building.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank M L T

Reviewed November 20, 2011

From the airport to the EVA airport bus to the hotel to our room. In one flow. This is a large business hotel very well operated, professional, efficient and effective. But it lacks character. A personal note, a picture from Taipei in the room, a smile at frontdesk ... or at least some personal touch.

Location is good. Close to the MRT and a taxi is very affordable.
The hotel offers all kinds of facilities. From indoor pool to ironing board. Internet was included in our roomrate. If it is not? Do not buy it. Free WIFI is everywhere.

Westin is a save choise. If you want to have a great shower with plenty water? This is the place to find it. Great beds to have a good sleep. The only unique thing here, are the huge pillows. Never seen them this big.

I am a SPG member. Payed the room with points and money. We were happy to get an upgrade to a very spacious DLX room on the SPG-floor.

The hotel is a bit older but very well kept. The overall desing is clean and old fashioned, almost like an 80-ties Japanese hotel. Maybe a renovation is welcome. And indeed: during our stay floors 11-14 were in full renovation. We did not hear a thing. Soon, this hotel will be fully updated again (the whole process will take 2 years). During our stay they completely removed the hotel lobby for renovation. Lot of noise in the afternoon, strong smell of iron. Staff did not warn us in advance, but I did get my starpoints back. May I give one suggestion for the renovation team? The bed lights are interconnected. So it's both bedlights switched on or off. Why not seperated?

The TV box makes a lot of noise in standby. Find the switch behind the TV set. Housekeeping is friendly. The Hello Kitty like outfit looks a bit alien to us.
The hotel is completely non-smoking. The way we like it.

The SOGO department store is not far from the hotel. Great and cheap sushi. And there is a Starbucks at the hotel. A good option for breakfast, as is the Danish pastry store nearby. If you have some more money to spend, give yourself a treat at the excellent Danieli Italian restaurant at the Westin. The staff lacks a bit of experience, but the food is great. Make a reservation.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank KeesE

Reviewed November 17, 2011

I would like to share my experience with Westin Taipei without even stepping into the hotel. I booked my stay through SPG for this coming December, but decided to cancel my booking and change to Sheraton Taipei as Westin is undergoing upgrading works. Initially they intended to charge me the full amount base on the duration of my stay for the cancellation, which they rightfully can. I wrote to them to reconsider, and to my surprise, they agreed to waive the entire cancellation fee as a gesture of goodwill... and immediately refunded the amount to my credit card. It reinforced my loyalty to all SPG establishments, especially Westin Taipei. Kudos for caring for your customers!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kongsi-INFO

Reviewed November 15, 2011

Was here on business, so its the usual 9am-6pm being out of the room. Got upgraded to a suite on the top floor on check-in for being a SPG Plat. Rooms on the higher floor is preferred, as the hotel faces the main road, and you could have rooms overlooking the road or another building (depending on the facing).

Breakfast at East West is ok, not fantastic. Could get crowded with tour groups in the morning. Breakfast selection at the lounge was the usual smaller spread, but good for a quick one with ample seating.

Rooms are tastefully furnished, although it is showing signs of ageing. Understand that the rooms are being refurbished, so hopefully it will be better.

Service staff are excellent, as one would expect when you're in this part of the world.

Location wise, as others have mentioned, it is fairly near to the train station, and there are many choices of cuisine nearby (Brass Monkey, Hooters, McDs for those into western and taiwanese rice dishes and noodles for those into local). The Italian restaurant Danieli's in the hotel is very good, although slightly pricey.

Overall, a good hotel for both business and leisure.

Room Tip: As for a car park facing room on a higher floor
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business