Evergreen Laurel Hotel Taipei(Zhongshan District)
$130
The Okura Prestige Taipei(Zhongshan District)
$183
Leofoo Residences(Zhongshan District)
$135
Taipei Roumei Boutique Hotel(Zhongshan District)
$65
$60
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $67/night.

Grand Hotel Taipei(Zhongshan District)
$140
$107
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of $121/night.

Ambience Hotel(Zhongshan District)
$75
  • Breakfast included
Miramar Garden Taipei(Zhongshan District)
$127
Regent Taipei(Zhongshan District)
$210
Agoda.com
  • Pool
Hotel Royal-Nikko Taipei(Zhongshan District)
$167
Agoda.com
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of $191/night.

YoMi Hotel(Zhongshan District)(Great Value!)
$68
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsoffice workersfew floorsmrt stationoffice buildingbrass monkeynight marketbig roomgood sizefree upgradenice hotelbusiness triplocal eaterieswithin walking distancelocation is greatno windowhotel is centrally locatedbed was comfortable
Reviewed July 5, 2017 via mobile

Taxi from airport to the hotel is around NT1200.

Hotel provides full amenities, room is clean, spacious and staff are friendly

Minutes away from train station. There are also few cafes in the area.

Thank you.

Stayed: July 2017, traveled with friends
FXHOTELTAIPEI, 前廳部經理 at FX Hotel - Taipei Nanjing East Road, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2017

Dear Guest,
First of all on behalf of FX Hotel - Taipei Nanjing East Road

Reviewed June 25, 2017

It's my fifth time at this hotel; 2-3 nights each stay. It's getting worse every time. Room isn't clean as before; mold in shower room, missing bathrobe and shoe horn. I used to buy hotel breakfast at the first stay but it was bad experience (bad taste, not enough table, no food variety) so I never had breakfast at the hotel again. The most disappointed is inflexible check-in/out time. Check-in is fixed at 3 pm; not even I have showed up at 1 pm. Staff told me that room isn't ready so I leave luggage and go for lunch then come back at 2 pm but staff insists that check-in time is 3 pm and I have to wait. Every time is the same yet my last stay is worst. Hotel staff called me at (exactly) 12 pm while I was packing my luggage to remind the check-out time. Staffs never said 'Hello' either not care unless you are in front of them to ask for assistant. The only thing to consider me return staying at this hotel is location where is near Nanjing Fuxing MRT station and surround with shops and restaurants. Anyhow, there are a lot of new hotels around that area that I would try next time.

Stayed: June 2017
1  Thank A B

Dear valued guest,
Warmest greetings from FX Hotel Taipei.
Thank you very much for taking your time to write this review on Tripadvisor to us.
We all looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed June 22, 2017

The hotel's style is modern and chic. But the room was pretty small, and the service was absolutely terrible. The reception staff were all impolite and did not smile to us. This hotel's breakfast also tasted distastrous. I don't recommend you to stay at FX Hotel. It isn't the worst hotel out there, but it's close.

• Stayed: April 2017, traveled with family
1  Thank jeffrey407
FXHOTELTAIPEI, 公關經理 at FX Hotel - Taipei Nanjing East Road, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2017

Warmest greeting from FX Hotel.

We are delighted to have you staying with us during your trip to Taipei.

We appreciated your feedback as we always seek ways to improve both our
facilities and service.

Once again, we look forward to the next opportunity in welcoming you again.

Sincerely yours,

Reviewed June 14, 2017 via mobile

Stayed for 3 nights.The front reception staff did not welcome or smiles when checked in. They seemed like they didn't want to work there. We booked the cheapest room. We stayed at the 10th floor. No issue with internet.

Room was very big for the price. The location is great for us.

However, the bed was rock hard. The pillows were very very soft. The comfort of this hotel can be improved compared to other similar hotels in Taipei.

Housekeeping didn't change the bedsheets everyday. We stained the bedsheet a bit on the first day and we were shocked to see that the bedsheet wasn't changed and so weren't the pillows. It was very disappointing for us. We had to leave a note to tell the housekeeping to change it the next day.

I travel to Taipei every month to see my fiancee so I stay at a lot of hotels. If weren't for the cheaper price and the availability, I don't think I would have picked this hotel.

I also noticed that during our stay, the reception staff didn't smile or welcomed other guests. Check out is 12pm. 1hour late check out will cost TW$500. Other hotels will have a grace of at least 30min to an hour.

Stayed: June 2017, traveled as a couple

Warmest greeting from FX Hotel.

We are delighted to have you staying with us during your trip to Taipei.

We appreciated your feedback as we always seek ways to improve both our
facilities and service.

Once again, we look forward to the next opportunity in welcoming you again.

Sincerely yours,

Reviewed June 4, 2017

I've booked a whole bunch of FX rooms for my guests as I was holding a wedding at the Westin just next door. The location isn't really a main tourist area, so things weren't too noisy at night. It was really close to a metro station and a couple of convenience stores, so that really helped the foreign guests.

As far as I'm aware, all the rooms were rather clean. Being a dark chic fashion boutique hotel, the entire place isn't very brightly lit, walls and walkways were in darker hues.

My guests had little complaint about the Wifi and bathrooms. The trendy double rooms were narrow in width, but it was long, so there was space for leaving out the luggages. The no-window rooms were very spacious, and surprisingly more well lit as the fake window installations provided additional light. The triple room was a corner room with 2 single beds and an additional roll-in bed, to my surprise as I was expecting 3 similar single beds.

Online correspondence with hotel was effective and painless, I managed to request a baby cot for a couple, and the hotel did provide an ACTUAL cot to our surprise.

However the process of check-in with the front desk wasn't as easy. I wanted to make sure that all the rooms I've booked has been paid for as well as ensure that we've got 2 names on each room in case one person arrived before the other. The attitude of the front desk was one of apathy at best.

They were successful in making guests feel invariably like a nuisance for complicating matters that were inconsequential. They also provided false information when they insisted that 1 name to the room was sufficient and if the other person came earlier, the release of the room can be made with simple verification. As expected, I've got guests stuck at check-in because they couldn't be verified for the room.

That said, if your dealings with the front desk is minimal (regular check-in/out) and routine (leaving bags at the front desk before check-in), the hotel, in all fairness, is rather value for money.

Room Tip: Windowless rooms has a good layout.
  • Stayed: May 2017, traveled with friends
FXHOTELTAIPEI, 前廳部經理 at FX Hotel - Taipei Nanjing East Road, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2017

Dear Guest,
First of all on behalf of FX Hotel - Taipei Nanjing East Road thank you for choosing our hotel and by taking valuable time on writing these comments. It is of great comfort to know you had enjoyed your stay here. We are pleased that you had a great time here, and placed a high value both on services. Looking forward to serving you again!