FX Hotel - Taipei Nanjing East Road
The Okura Prestige Taipei(Zhongshan District)
$264
$204
Agoda.com
YoMi Hotel(Zhongshan District)(Great Value!)
$70
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Sense(Zhongshan District)
$102
$75
Agoda.com
Via Hotel Loft(Zhongshan District)(Great Value!)
$49
  • Breakfast included
Capital Hotel(Zhongshan District)
$136
$122
Agoda.com
The Landis Taipei(Zhongshan District)
$173
$127
Orange Hotel-Linsen, Taipei(Zhongshan District)
$69
$62
  • Restaurant
Golden China Hotel(Zhongshan District)
$74
$72
Leofoo Hotel Taipei(Zhongshan District)
$60
$56
Grand Hotel Taipei(Zhongshan District)
$104
Cancelon
All reviewshotel sharesoffice workersfew floorsmrt stationoffice buildingbrass monkeynight marketgood sizebig roomfree upgradenice hotelmodern designquiet at nightbusiness triplocal eaterieswithin walking distancelocation is great
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 28, 2014

I stayed at this property while attending a Food Show in Taipei. I think that most people would tend to classify this as a "trendy" hotel, but that had little effect on me or my rating. It is a hotel that I found to be very secure. I am a little older and more conservative, so the need for color coordination, or televisions on the elevator roof did not really influence me. I always want great service, accessibility, and a staff that performs. I found all of these at this property. The food was good, and there were several other properties close for me to get what I needed. I stayed on the 15th floor, and they had a nice business center. My laundry was completed well before schedule, and the staff was excellent. Good value and great service. That is what I expect, and really what I received. There is a convenience store across the street and also several western food areas within walking including a McDonalds and a Starbucks. I stayed here for 4 nights. I would go back again. If you want to cab to the downtown, it is about $6 US each way. You could get around from here, and get a great value.

Room Tip: I was on the 15th floor and had no problems. It is a city hotel, so you do not have a great view of much, but that was not a requirement for me.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank WuSongLong
Reviewed June 17, 2014

The hotel is in the perfect part of town and very close to my office. So I have stayed here in two separate visit before. The staff was friendly, the room is spacious, with very good shower facilities. With the new MRT routes, it also became quite easy to travel to many places, including the 101, in Taipei.

It is where I will stay if I travel to Taipei for business.

Room Tip: Remember to book a room with a window.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Gundamenzo
Reviewed June 1, 2014

The hotel is in the business / commercial district and we stayed here on a Saturday night so found the area a little quiet in terms of people and nightlife.... However right outside there is road construction work so it isn't quite in terms of noise! Luckily we ended up on the top floor which dulled the noise, even though they don't work through the night it was still unpleasant stepping out if the hotel into noisy roadwork.. Hope it doesn't last long as it's not the hotel's fault and I'm sure it bugs them too :) the hotel itself is very swish, they are pushing a trendy theme which works well. The rooms are funky and pretty roomy, the bed and pillow were both great and it was a good nights sleep. The staff were friendly but it's a busy hotel so there was a bit of a wait to check in, however the staff were more than accommodating in letting us have a late check out of 1pm. There is also a handy lounge area on the top floor which has comfy lounges if you need to wait around for something, we had a late flight so relaxed there for a bit. There is a restaurant and cafe downstairs which are handy though a little pricey compared to other places however you can't beat convenience sometimes. The Westin Hotel is just next door which was good for getting a late night taxi.

Room Tip: Aim for a high floor
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 19, 2014

We stayed 5 nights in a trendy twin room during our recent Taipei holidays in May. Though the room was a bit narrow and longish, it was surprising well furnished with all the requirements for a comfortable stay. However, the decor for the room was a bit too fashionable for our liking with designs of black butterflies and flowers on purple background. Also, the rooms are more suitable for intimate couples with only a glass panel and external curtain separating the showers/toilet from the bedroom/tv area. The hotel is only about 10 mins walk from the Nanjing East MRT station with a bus stop (with many buses available) conveniently located just in front. When we were staying there, construction of a new MRT line was in progress which made walking out and in of the hotel a bit inconvenient. There is a night market located just a few hundred meters away which is not worth a visit as there were not a lot of stalls. We only found out much later that Bus 1815 to Dharma Drum mountains actually stops in front of FX Hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Whybang
Reviewed May 19, 2014

By New York-ish I meant small and compact, and likely renovated from an older establishment. I'd second the many opinions here that it's in a decent location, and fairly close to the metro. Free wi-fi, decent service and cleanliness. The only complaint is the prevalence of the smell of smoke despite no-smoking signs.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends