All reviews park view rice crackers japanese style bath sunken tub complimentary fruit small luxury hotel l'occitane products nanjing east rd ding tai fung hotel class breakfast buffet room slippers japanese guests smart toilet large shower mrt stations stayed one night
Reviewed January 6, 2018 via mobile

This is my second time that I choose this hotel. Why I choose this hotel is due to the first impression during the first stay in Oct 17. Is really a nice n comfortable which I ever stay in Taipei and also the best breakfast that I ever had.

Stayed: December 2017, traveled solo
Public_Relati0ns, Guest Relations Manager at San Want Residences, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2018

Dear Adelaide H,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay at San Want Residences Taipei.

We are thrilled to learn that our team members were able to make your previous stay an enjoyable one and thus you chose to stay with us again! We are also glad that you enjoyed your breakfast experience. Though our hotel is relatively small in size, we try not to confine ourselves into certain category. The fact you took the time to recognize our efforts means the world to us as our top priority is to provide highest level of services to all of our guests and ensure utmost customer satisfaction.

Thank you once again for choosing to stay with us. It was our pleasure to serve you and we hope to welcome you back to our hotel someday soon.

Reviewed December 27, 2017

I've stayed at this hotel during a business trip. It is one of the few hotels in the world I've stayed where I cannot find any minuses or cons. Everything was excellent: starting with the modern furnishings of the rooms continuing with the great breakfast and last but not least with the excellent behavior and politeness of the staff. This is one of the best hotels I've ever stayed in (and I've travelled a lot in the entire world). Simply I cannot find any kind of minuses.

• Stayed: January 2017, traveled on business
1  Thank Bogdan T
Public_Relati0ns, Guest Relations Manager at San Want Residences, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2018

Dear Bogdan T,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a generous review about your recent stay at San Want Residences Taipei.

We are thrilled to read that our team members were able to make you feel so welcome and that you enjoyed a pleasant, comfortable stay with us.

Thank you also for highlighting our well- appointed guest rooms, the rich and balanced buffet breakfast, as well as the attentive, genuine service you received from my colleagues. We always aim to provide our guests with the highest caliber of services, a feedback like yours is undoubtedly the best reward for us and has been shared with the whole team through our everyday morning briefing.

Thank you again for staying with us and for your generous review. We sincerely hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed December 26, 2017 via mobile

Cosy hotel with very good service. All the staff there are very friendly and helpful. High quality amenities (Locittane), free flow of drinks and snacks between 2-5pm. Convenient location, walking distance to department stores.

Stayed: November 2017, traveled on business

Dear Chc C,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your recent stay with us.

It is lovely to read that you enjoyed the warm atmosphere of the hotel, and we really appreciate your kind comments regarding our friendly, accommodating staff, as well as the superb location of the hotel. Thank you also for mentioning our newly-upgraded Happy Hour service. We added a wide selection of beverages and new snack items to the existing menu, though we do know there is still plenty of room for improvement, we are all very happy to know that you had enjoyed it!

Thank you once again for your choosing to stay with us and for your heartwarming feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the not too distant future.

Reviewed December 2, 2017 via mobile

I've stayed at this hotel a few times now. Simply put, this is a good hotel, and I would generally stay here again. There is, however, room for improvement in certain areas. As is typical of my reviews, here is a list of pros and cons:

PROS:
1. Convenient Location - the hotel is well-located and convenient to public transport. It is about a 10 minute walk to Zhongshan MRT station. Take Exit 2 out of the station; as you walk out of the exit, you'll see the large Shin Kong Mitsubishi department store on your right. Just keep walking straight, and you'll arrive at the hotel in about 10 minutes. Tip - if you're arriving at Taipei Main Station, note you don't have to take the MRT train to Zhongshan MRT - you can actually walk between the stations through the Zhongshan Metro Mall, which is an underground mall linking the two stations. It takes about 10-15 minutes to walk between the stations, and there are various shops and eateries to command your attention. I prefer walking than squeezing on the train between these two stations.
2. Clean rooms, good amenities, good WiFi, free snacks, HDMI cable, and spacious bathroom - the rooms are clean, have a fresh smell, and the bathrooms are spacious. L'Occitane toiletries are provided. As other reviewers have noted, there is a separate Japanese-style bath and a very large shower with superb water pressure. I think this shower is the best out of all the hotels I've stayed in Taipei. A Japanese-style smart toilet is provided, along with a helpful translation card in English, Chinese, and Japanese which translates the Japanese buttons and controls. Dental kits (toothpaste and toothbrush), shaving razors with cream, etc. are all provided. In-room slippers are also provided and are thick, high-quality, and very comfortable. They are among the best in-room slippers I've worn in any hotel. They also have a protective anti-slid bottom, which is good when one is in the bathroom. Bathrobes and even pajamas are provided. Fresh fruits, bottled water, the signature San Want brand rice crackers (the ones placed near the fruit on the table), and sweet biscuits (placed on the bed table) are all provided for free in the room. WiFi is free and strong; no log-in is required. An HDMI cable is also thoughtfully provided so you can connect your computer to the big TV, if you want, for watching movies or doing work. In addition, free self-serve coffee, tea, iced water, iced barley tea, and San Want rice crackers are available in the lobby at any time. Rooms do not include irons and ironing boards; you must request them.
3. Breakfast and Afternoon drinks - every booking includes a complimentary breakfast buffet. There are Chinese, Japanese, and Western choices, although the emphasis is on Chinese and Japanese offerings. Coffee, tea, and light snacks are also available for free in the afternoon. Note there is also a paid afternoon tea and happy hour options which have fancier food.

CONS:
1. Lobby can get dirty - as I mentioned above, there is free self-serve tea, coffee, iced water, iced barley tea, and San Want rice crackers available in the lobby at any time. This is very nice, but the hotel does not provide a specific place where guests can put used and dirty plates, eaten rice cracker wraps, dirty cups, and dirty glasses. As a result, many guests simply leave them on tables all around the lobby, which makes the lobby look dirty. The hotel should put some tray or designate some space clearly, with a sign, informing guests that they can and should deposit their used glasses, cups, etc. there.
2. Poor English at breakfast - English training needs to be improved for breakfast staff. At the breakfast buffet, made-to-order eggs are available. The sign indicates eggs can be, among others, cooked sunny-side up and over easy. I don't like my eggs runny (for health reasons) and I kindly requested that my eggs be cooked "over hard", also specifically and explaining they should be "fully cooked" because I was worried perhaps the staff member did not know what "over-hard" means. The service staff member nodded in acknowledgment. When my eggs were delivered, they were, however, very runny. Even though technically speaking "over-hard" and "over-medium" were not listed options on the egg sign, it is not that laborious for the chef to cook eggs that way (just leave them in the pan for a few more minutes), and staff should be trained on what those terms mean. Even though I specifically also specified them to be "fully cooked," it was apparent the staff member didn't understand. Some customers (e.g. pregnant women, elderly) might not be able to eat runny eggs for health reasons.
3. No multi-country adaptor for outlets in rooms - For devices that use three-prong UK/Hong Kong/Singapore plugs, there were no suitable outlets in the room. No adaptor was provided. You had to call the front desk to have one delivered to you. A minor inconvenience, but the hotel could consider providing a multi-country adaptor in each room.
4. Sense of uneven service to different nationalities - after staying at this hotel a few times, I get the feeling that Japanese guests are treated as king (or queen) here, and I felt that they received the best service, generally more friendly and warmer service than guests of other nationalities. One front desk staff member, for example, seemed to be more friendly to Japanese guests. Breakfast staff also seemed to be more enthusiastically welcoming of Japanese guests. They also spoke Japanese much better than English. I think this is something the hotel needs to pay attention to. Even though Japanese guests may comprise the bulk of their business, they need to be sensitive to other guests' perceptions. All guests are equal. If you're going to be super-nice and welcoming, be super-nice and welcoming to all guests. If you're going to be less friendly, be less friendly to everyone equally. Furthermore, for better or for worse, it is English - not Japanese - that is most often used as a default international lingua franca in the service industry.

All in all, I would stay in this hotel again, but I would recommend the hotel look into making the improvements I suggested above.

Stayed: November 2017, traveled on business
6  Thank BachIsGreat
Public_Relati0ns, Guest Relations Manager at San Want Residences, responded to this reviewResponded December 12, 2017

Dear BachIsGreat,

Thank you very much for staying at San Want Residences Taipei recently and for taking the time to share your experience with us.

While we are delighted that the location and the amenities of our hotel met with your approval, we regret to read that you had a negative experience at the dining lounge. We sincerely apologize for the breakfast issue and all staff members have been informed that this should not have happened. We appreciate your honest feedback so that we may serve our guests better in the future. However, please allow us to clarify that, though some of our staff members are relatively young and they need to improve their skills, there is no double-standard exists in the hotel and we will never allow this to happen.

Thank you once again for staying with us. We hope to have another opportunity to serve you in the near future, and if there is anything we can do to make your stay more comfortable, please do not hesitate to let us know.

Reviewed October 31, 2017 via mobile

Asian hospitality at its best. Beginning with the very friendly reception people, who assisted in every single problem with a big smile on their faces, large variety of choices for breakfast, extreme cleanness everywhere and good relaxing bathroom facilities in every room. And yet a small hotel, not a typical large chain member.

Stayed: October 2017, traveled on business
Public_Relati0ns, Guest Relations Manager at San Want Residences, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2017

Dear George U,

Thank you so much for this wonderful review of our hotel.

We are thrilled to read that we were able to leave such a positive impression on your trip. Thank you also for your kind comments about the breakfast and the cleanliness of the hotel. Our staff is relatively young, but they are all very enthusiastic and never stop to learn how they can better serve our guests. Positive feedback like yours is very rewarding as it lets us know that our efforts were recognized.

Thank you once again for your heartwarming review. We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to the hotel very soon.