Skylight Bed & Breakfast
$76
$68
  • Spa
TripAdvisor
All reviewsita thaohigh techview of the lakequality bedtop floorsun moon lakestreet foodthe busgreat accommodationtea and coffeeyoung coupleremote controlno worriesbreakfast is servednice hotelcomfortable bedstub
Reviewed March 24, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here in early December last year. It has fantastic location - just walk out of the door for the main street for all that street food and a further 2 minute walk leads you to the pier (go there in the morning for a really scenic and tranquil walk). Strictly speaking, I would not consider this to be a 'bed and breakfast' simply because it has rooms that are of a standard hotel. The rooms are a tad small, but for the price, you really can't complain. The bath is also very interesting too, with a very nice bathtub! Sadly, the rooms (at least the one I stayed in) do not have views so that was a minor disappointment. Breakfast was a choice of eastern and western food and both options were good, cooked fresh by the owner himself. What I didn't like was the suggestions provided by the owner; he didn't seem to provide very good recommendations of how to tour Sun Moon Lake, but this will not be a problem if you understood Chinese since you could just wander around the whole area with just a map and by consulting the road signs. Would recommend for Chinese speaking tourists, since staying at a bed and breakfast in Taiwan really requires one to at least understand Chinese.

P.S. Do check out the abroginal cultural village nearby. The ticket price may seem steep, but it is one of the best attractions there and is very fun to explore. It is, however, a tad commercialized though!

• Stayed: December 2013
3  Thank thehonestfeedbacker
Reviewed March 8, 2014 via mobile

Pleasantly surprised by the high level of cleanliness, quality of the bedding, fixture and hospitality of the host. For a modest set up and price paid, it is value for money. In-house breakfast is a relief considering there are no street stalls open before 9am on this side of the lake. As with dinner options, which are limited and practically non-existent after 6pm. Skylight is close enough to the jetty but enough of a distance away to enjoy the quiet of the lake.

Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank julesnotatworkSG
Reviewed January 6, 2014

My family and I stayed there for 1 night on 23 Dec 2013. We booked 2 rooms 701 & 702. Read Tripadvisor reviews on several Sun Moon Lake hotels/B & Bs before deciding on Skylight. The rooms did not disappoint they were clean, tastefully furnished, reasonably big. What is great is the sunken bath which we all enjoyed especially my son.Lake view partially blocked.
We arrived early after our flight from Singapore & taking the HSR to Taichung. The staff were friendly to let us deposit our luggages at the hotel first before we went for a lake cruise. They were very nice to bring our luggages to our rooms when we checked in.
It is kind of quiet at night at Ita Thao nothing much to do.
Breakfast both Western and Asian is good and filling.
Do get your lake cruise tickets and Formosan Aboriginal Culture Village tickets from the B&B as it is cheaper. 50NTD for lake cruise & 580NTD for theme park/cable car tickets.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 3, 2014

I spent 2 nights here and it was the best place ever during our stay in Taiwan. Lovely friendly owners, beautiful clean room with great views and excellent location if you are looking to stay in the more quiet part of sun moon lake, ita thao.

I recommend this to anyone looking to spend some days in sun moon lake.

• Stayed: January 2014
Reviewed December 20, 2013

My family stayed at Skylight B&B in Ita Thao area overnight, with plans to move on to Cingjing the next day. The hotel is right in the middle of a street where eateries, 7 eleven, Starbucks are located; just 5 minutes walk towards sun moon lake is the ferry terminal is located where one can take a tour round the lake. Hotel was great - with friendly staff, clean rooms and a great breakfast. We had a choice of western or Chinese; We chose the western which comes with a sumptuous helping of fruits, followed by toasts, omelette, sausage, bacon and mushroom. The only minus point I have is that there were no windows in my room - I was hoping the room was overseeing the lake where I can get a great view when I originally booked it at Agoda.com. If you are looking for a hotel directly next to the lake where you can get a great view, probably the Crystal Resort which is pricier would be a better choice.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family