Fleur de Chine Hotel Sun Moon Lake
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
1,046 results
All reviewswater worldsky loungedinner buffethot springschinese restaurantjapanese stylesun moon lakestar hotelbeautiful hotelround island tourping pongtour groupwater massageswimming poollobby cafehigh speed rail stationswimming cap
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 11, 2013

We stayed in Fleur De Chine Hotel back in June 2013 for 1 night. We stayed in the lake view room. The view is out of this world. Service is excellent. They will check you in and ask your preference for dinner while you are on the shuttle bus to the hotel. When the shuttle bus reach the hotel, they will provide you with a glass of welcome drink, cookies and a hot towel before disembark the bus. After that, you will be escorted to the room. You will be relaxing in the room in 5 mins after disembarking from the bus.

Room is spacious, clean and well designed. The room also has a Japanese soaking tub to enjoy the hot spring. It also has free on demand movies. We chose Chinese dinner over buffet. The dinner is very good, it has 9 courses and each course is excellent. I would recommend Chinese dinner over buffet as the buffet area seems to be crowded and noisy. We also went to the Spa and it is excellent. Breakfast is excellent. There are many choices.

Overall, this is definitely a 5 star hotel with 5 star service. We will be back again!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 9, 2013

My family of 4 recently completed a 3 weeks visit to Taiwan. We visited multiple places from the south up to the north of Taiwan. Fleur de Chine is definitely my favorite hotel. We stayed at a Lake view room with 2 beds on the 8th floor and it is worth every penny of it. From the time I booked the hotel online to the time we checked out, the service had been nothing but outstanding. The attentiveness started even before we arrive. We recieved an email updating the anticipated highway road closure and was given new direction on how to get there. The receptionist spoke English well and was very pleasant. She showed us to our room personally and explained room/hotel features. The room has an unobstructed view of the lake. It was beautifully decorated and unpretentious. The bathroom has a deep Japanese style soaking tube with shower on the side. My kids have their own sets of toothbrush/paste that came in teddy bear cases. There is also yukata ( Japanese robes) and slippers that you can wear around the facility, which they have also provided kids size for my children. The hotel has a wonderful large, well ventilated indoor pool / multiple water spas pools with different types of water massage settings / kiddy pool with slide / sauna facilities, etc.. Men and Women entered through separate changing areas which has all the modern amenity of a spa. It also has an onsen / public hot bath area which is not very big. My family had participated in many DIYs and activites ie morning walk around the lake, water aerobics, and evening entertaining programs. We had tried the sumptous dinner / breakfast buffets and a very special set meal cusine with local ingredient at one of the Chinese restaurant. The set meal has both adult and kids menus with different dishes. This meant that my family actually get to tried about 15 + different courses. The staffs at the recreational department were extremely friendly and helpful in giving us sight seeing suggestions. Since we drove, it was helpful to know where to go to have free parking at the pier. The area around Sun Moon Lake is populated a very small mosquitos. My legs were unfortunate enough to have become a feast for them. It was extremely itchy and very ugly looking. The staffs were very kind and helpful in attending to my 90+ bites. I highly recommend using lots and lots of mosquitos repellent if visiting this area during summer time, especially if you are a foreigner. Overall, my family had a great fun yet very relaxing time at Fleur de Chine. It is not the largest nor the fanciest hotel, but the services we had received here rivals the Four Season hotels.

Room Tip: Definitely get a Lake view room.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank yuan89
Reviewed June 19, 2013

Fleur de Chine is one of the most memorable hotels I have ever stayed in my 20+ visits to Taiwan. The service was outstanding from check-in to check-out, the restaurants offered delicious cuisine, and the spa is definitely worth a visit. This made for a restful stay and I was sad to leave.

The highlight of this hotel are its lakeside rooms. Our Lake View King Room on one of the upper floors was beautifully appointed with rich Taiwan hardwood, modern amenities, a private veranda, and a private hot springs tub featuring sweeping views of the lake and the mountains of central Taiwan. I was in the smaller hotel wing on the right side of the entrance, which I definitely appreciated because it offered more of a lake view than the larger wing on the left.

Service throughout the hotel was 5-stars. We were offered refreshments and chocolates upon entering the hotel and quickly shown to our room, where the receptionist explained to us features of our room. Hotel staff greeted us throughout the hotel by a surname basis (perhaps because we visited during the slow season).

The hotel has a number of restaurants. We had the good fortune to take advantage of the Chinese restaurant one evening for dinner, where we were served a sumptuous feast featuring locally grown and harvested ingredients from the surrounding towns and villages. We also took advantage of the lobby cafe and the buffet for other meals. All restaurants we visited offered an extensive selection of fresh food items and beverages; all 3 we visited were allergen and vegetarian friendly.

Exploring the Sun Moon Lake area was very easy. We did a DIY tour taking advantage of both hotel transfer services (which brought us to nearby towns around the lake) and public ferries/buses. The hotel concierge was kind enough to point us to a number of scenic highlights they recommended seeing, including museums in Puli and Norihiko Dan's stunning Sun Moon Lake Hsiangshan Visitors Center.

Hotel activities were plentiful. The hotel offers a number of classes, hosted walks, and evening programming. On our visit, we had the occasion to watch both a Chinese puppet show and local aboriginal dances.

All in all, it was an enjoyable visit and I hope to return again soon in the future. Though the hotel is not in as stunning of a location as the nearby Lalu, the hotel more than makes up for it with its wonderful and warm service, and its picturesque and modern rooms.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank uaflyer18
Reviewed May 1, 2013

We did a 5 day Taiwan Island tour which we booked through Expedia and we stayed here the first night. The hotel is definitely 5 star. The rooms have a bath which uses water from the mineral springs, very relaxing. The rooms were spacious and very clean. The staff were very friendly and helpful. If you don't feel like a big meal, your can have a substantial snack in the lounge. The surroundings are very quiet and peaceful.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Kaydeemelbourne
Reviewed May 1, 2013

The hotel commands a good view of the Sun Moon Lake only if you have a room with a lake view. The staff and the service were impeccable. Otherwise I wonder if the hotel has been overrated !

We stayed in the hotel for one night last month as we joined a tour from Hong Kong for a long weekend in Tai Chung; Sun Moon Lake being one of the major attractions. The room assigned to us was on the 6th floor (rooms start from 5th floor level) facing the mountain and the access road. It was not a very pleasant room. I suppose it is the deal between the hotel and tour operators that mountain facing rooms are reserved for tour groups as no one in our group had a lake view room.

A lake view room was however made available to me upon request at a surcharge of NT$1700. It’s a twin room on the 7th floor (Room 726 ?). It has two queen size beds and a large balcony with a lovely view of the lake in the rain. However, the busy traffic in front of the hotel was quite noisy until the traffic slowed down in the evening.

The room is well positioned. By the window, there is a lounge chair on which one can watch TV and enjoy the lake view. In the bathroom, there is a tub for soaking in the spring water and a separate shower area. All the toiletries are available. But the bathroom was not properly cleaned! The rim of the tub was quite dusty when I wiped it with a tissue paper. The box containing the safety switch right above the tub was layered with dust too. To my surprise, there was dirt marks at the back of the toilet seat. It was not the standard expected of the hotel! I complained to the front desk and asked to have the bathroom cleaned at once.

The staff at the front desk offered me another room on the 9th floor. Its Room 930. The size is the same as the room on the 7th floor, but the setting is not as good. There are two king size beds (instead of queen size beds) in the room occupying most of the space so that it was impossible to put a lounge chair by the window. We had to sit on our beds to watch TV.
There were patches of paint on the ceiling. It can be easily seen from the photograph attached. It seems that the touching up was sloppily done. Why not repaint the entire ceiling ?

Another interesting aspect is to do with the hotel directory in the room. It does not affect one’s enjoyment of the hotel but it shows that details have not been attended to. The directory is in loose leaf. There are Chinese and English versions. As far as the English version is concerned, apart from page 1, the rest are filed upside down (the holes are punched on the wrong side!).

Afterall, it was pleasant stay and in particular I enjoyed the tea in the room.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a lake view with queen size beds !
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank A L
sml_info, 客戶關係經理 at Fleur de Chine Hotel Sun Moon Lake, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2013

Dear A L,

Greetings from Fleur de Chine Hotel. We read your suggestions very carefully and appreciate your comments very much which indeed help us improve our service. We have finished the the touch-ups on the furnitures of the room you mentioned and also the over-all cleaning/checking work which our supervisor asked right away since we reported your suggestions to him. We sincerely look forward to your coming back to our hotel in the future. Please do not hesitate to let us know should you need any further assistance.

Best regards,