Silks Place Taroko
Liwu Hotel Taroko(Xiulin)(Great Value!)
$57
$58
$49
$44
  • Restaurant
Mesasa Garden Motel(Ji'an)(Great Value!)
$58
$50
Priceline
1,430 results
All reviewschinese restaurantgorge viewwestern buffetretreat floorrooftop pooltaroko national parkhalf day tourset menubreakfast and dinnerginger teaamazing locationset dinnerhotel shuttleping pongkids clubluxury hoteltable tennis
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 22, 2014

After experiencing the grandeur of Taroko, we stayed in Silks Place for one night. It truly feels like a palace in heaven. We enjoyed the musical arrangement by the Taroko Tribes and midnight movie at the rooftop, you could also have a panoramic view of Taroko while enjoying the jacuzzi at the rooftop too. Breakfast was pretty comprehensive and the presentation of the cuisine were top notch. Truly a place to spend a night if you are visiting Taroko. Brilliant!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
SPT-PR, 公關經理 at Silks Place Taroko, responded to this reviewResponded March 30, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience and enjoy the stay with us. We would like to provide the high quality and good taste service to our guests. Enjoy the outdoor activity at daytime, and truely relax in the hotel at nighttime. Thank you for loving us and we are looking forward to seeing you again.

Regards,

Reviewed March 17, 2014

I stayed in this hotel for about 3 days and I must say that this is the best hotel so far in my trip to Taiwan. The mountain view was already marvellous. The room that I had had a gorge view and it was really beautiful. The room is not that "suite-like" given the price but it was simplistically classy. Breakfast and dinner's provided and they offer Western or Chinese choices. Their meals are of great taste and variety. Servers are friendly and polite. Their swimming pools and facilities on the rooftop had the most magnificent view. There's a daily schedule for guests. I chose the Aboriginal Singing session at the rooftop. The performance was great and they provided warm blankets and ginger tea which I thought was a great service. I also went for the Moonlight Cinema where you literally sit among the mountains watching a movie. The movie was really boring but the atmosphere was great, so one suggestion is to change the movie into something more trendy. There were also paid tours that you can choose where they will have a guide and a bus for you to enjoy the various attractions in Taroko. Even if you still feel bored, they have a recreational room where you can play table tennis and Wii. Perhaps the price can be lowered slightly cos I thought the room could have been more special.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience here. Our hotel is great for people who wanna relax and truly refresh. We are happy to know you had great time with us. Thank you for your encouraging comments and we always welcome you back to the mountain. We are looking forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Reviewed March 16, 2014

My family (two adults and two kids aged 5 & 2) and I just returned from a wonderful 10 days in Taiwan. We spend three nights at Silks Place and we could have stayed longer. The staff made us feel so welcome from the moment we arrived and they answered every question we had during our stay. Van, our guide was so friendly and knowledgeable. Our son kept asking if he could play with him.

We booked the family gorge view room. I must say this was without a doubt the largest hotel room we have ever had in Asia. The room had two double beds plus a couch which our 2 year old loved to sleep on. There was plenty of room for all our stuff with room to spare.

We booked breakfast and dinner included and were so glad we did. The breakfast each morning was amazing. Some of the best dim sum we've ever had. We ate each night in the western restaurant and although the menu never changed, the buffet food did and we were never hungry. Our son ate the steak every night and loved it. The kids also really enjoyed the dessert buffet. Ice cream with gummy bears were a big hit. For lunch we either ate a snack in our room or walked across the parking lot to the local Chinese restaurants. Although these are nothing to rave about, the staff were all very kind and enjoyed speaking to our kids in Mandarin. We ate twice at the place were they are cooking hot dogs out front. It was better than the other place. There is also a little market where you can pick up basic supplies.

We used the hotels transportation both to and from Hualien. I think if I were to go back, I might hire a driver for the day and have them take me to a few places along the way to the hotel. A friend of ours did this and then spent one night at Silks. She saw as much as we did in less time but she also doesn't have a 2 year old in tow.

Although the in-door pool was still a bit chilly, we enjoyed one afternoon there. The kids LOVED the play room. It was hard to get them out of it. My husband and I finally gave up and played ping pong while the kids played.

I really can't say enough great things about Silks Place. It was such a peaceful relaxing place so if you go, go with that in mind. I get bored quickly and just had to keep reminding myself that vacation is a time to unplug, unwind and reconnect with my family.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience here and do love our hotel very much. We are glad that you and your family had a great time with us. We will let Van know that your son still miss him. (Believe me that he will be very happy!!) The hotel is really familier to family guests. Parents can play with kids or enjoy the wonderful moment by their own. As you said, you will come back to visit us next time, whatever you would like to hire a driver or join our tour. Please contact us we can do our best for you. We are looking forward to meeting you and your lovely family.

Reviewed March 12, 2014

Situated on a hill in a green valley where to rivers meet the top pools and complementary afternoon tea with excellent small desserts is what I remember about this place. A real gem get away just to soak and wind down. Rooms are good but not all have a view.

2 restaurants in the hotel - one Chinese menu based and one buffet restaurant. OK but bland for a longer stay. There are only one other option in the absolute vicinity which I did not try. Buses go regularly along the gorge although not from Hualien after 15 in the afternoon (mid week).

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience here. We appreciate the time you spend with us. Every season we have different views and feelings around Taroko Gorge. You can find your way to enjoy the facilities or go hiking. We look forward to seeing you in the near future.

With Regards,

Reviewed March 12, 2014

I enjoyed a two night stay here whilst touring Taiwan. From being given a warming drink of ginger tea and a business card from the service manager at my check in, I was made to feel immediately at home and talked to in my own language. Both breakfast and dinner provided quality produce and service in a relaxed atmosphere. The bedroom was warm, very comfortable and had a Japanese theme [ beware if you find it difficult to sink onto a mattress virtually on the floor!]. I was able to choose from a variety of walks. I chose a local hot spring and the Baiyang trail. The hotel provided torches, umbrellas and plastic macs, ideal for the latter walk. Both were a worthwhile venture where it was possible to see a colourful selection of birds and monkeys en route. Not to mention the fantastic and breath-taking views all around the valley area!! An excellent Hotel.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank peter b

Dear Guest,

Thank youf for spending time to share your expereince here. We are glad to know that you had a great time here, go hiking and visit popular spots. And Yes, as you mentioned, monkeys recently show up in the early morning or late afternoon. It is a great place for relaxing and meet something surprise here. Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you in the near future.