All reviews swimming cap nespresso machine design hotel rooftop pool shopping malls and restaurants deluxe room toilet seat electronic toilet the ground floor sister hotel replenished daily within walking distance eslite bookstore le meridien water pressure excellent location central location
Reviewed April 16, 2018 via mobile

The in room dining fried rice was a pleasant surprise. Didn’t have to wait too long for it to be served at my room. It turned out to be flavourful with great local ingredients that were so good (乌鱼子).

Stayed: March 2018, traveled solo
Reviewed April 15, 2018 via mobile

Excellent location. Stayed for the first time back in October 2017 and when I had to come back again, Humble was my one and only choice. Even though the rooms are a little small, they make up in comfort, inroom amenities and most of all immpeccable service. Will always stay in Himble choice when I’m in Taipei.

Stayed: April 2018, traveled on business
Reviewed March 20, 2018

"Excellent location", "Convenient for shopping", "Convenient transport options" Was in for a quick stay, not impressed with the change of lift to lobby for check in and another lift to room, maybe because most of the time in and out I was in a rush. A few mintues walk to Taiwan's bookstore chain Eslite and a new-ish mall Breeze XinYi with lots of top end brands and another Japanese Mall Shin Kwong just opposite of the hotel. I had a view of 101 and it was amazing at night. Other local food stalls are a bit of a walk towards the MRT City Hall else there are some in the Malls, Area very quite after 8pm. Pilliows were too soft, but I was too tired to explore the room for extra pillow or call to request. Room had full amenties and shower was strong ! Room was spacious enough for Asian rooms, choose grand deluxe for the 101 view. Didnt have time to try the pool or gym, but picture ref. looks nice.

Room Tip: Ask for 101Tower view if possible
  • Stayed: March 2018, traveled on business
Reviewed March 12, 2018

This is a modern upmarket and relatively new certified eco-hotel (about 4 years old) in the Xinyi commercial district which houses Taipei 101, Convention Center, National Sun Yat-sen Memorial Hall etc.There are large numbers of shopping malls and restaurants in the vibrant, clean and bustling area and most places including the MRT are within walking distance.

The hotel's reception is on the 6th floor with a small concierge desk on the ground floor. Check in was smooth as expected and staff, professional and efficient. You could tell it was a business hotel. As I alighted from the lift to my room, I distinctly felt the darkness of the corridors. It is a green hotel but this lighting (or lack thereof) was particularly welcoming.

The Deluxe room was small but well set out and its high ceilings effective in deflecting the size of the room. A writing desk with an arc like modern desk lamp sat flush along the wall with windows and housed a hidden switchboard hub with sockets for hdmi, usb, audio input, vga and even composite cables jack!

The room overlooked a gap between two buildings and afforded me a view of sorts which was good as I had expected only a view of the neighbouring building. You could get a room with a view of Taipei 101 for a premium and if you were around over the New Year period, then it would be fabulous so suggest you start saving for it now. The fireworks are amazing. If you were a guest on New Year’s eve, you were given an admission ticket to head up to the pool area for an unimpeded view of the fireworks from Taipei 101.

The room has lots of natural light and the automated blinds, one a privacy/sun shade and the other a night/blackout shade were a delight especially in the mornings if you are not minded to get out of bed. If only the coffee machine was on the bedside table. Perhaps next time.

An in-room safe and blu-ray dvd player came with the room and the speakers for the TV were mounted in the ceiling to provide stereo surround sound. I thought that was marvellous. The bed is the only place you could watch TV face on or you could have a slightly angled view from the couch.

If you had more than 2 big pieces of luggage, then you may not be happy with this room. There was only 1 foldaway luggage rack and unfortunately, a leather strap on the end was broken. I was fortunate I travelled with only 1 piece of medium sized luggage so I was not bothered. There was a comfortably firm couch at the other end of the room and I suspect this would have been used as a luggage rack as there is simply no other place for it, except on the bed but you would not want to soil the duvet, would you.

There were a pair of slippers placed on a white towel on the floor by each side of the bed and it allowed you to avoid stepping on the carpet whilst you put your slippers on. Little touches which will appeal to the likes of travellers to whom this is an important consideration.

The bed was firm and comfortable and the down duvet oh so soft - that made for a few good night's rest. If only I had not stayed up late watching movies!!

Amenities were ample and good- there was also a jug and a Nespresso machine though with limited capsules but you could always ask housekeeping for extras. Bathrobes were thick and luscious. The in room safe was The shower was over a bath and may not be to everyone's liking. However, there may be rooms with other shower configurations. Water pressure was really good as was the temperature of the hot water. Heated toilet seats (such a delight in winter and apparently quite normal in Taiwan) and a phone on the wall in the bathroom completed the set up.

All in all, this is a good hotel to stay in given its location and I would not hesitate coming back.

• Stayed: January 2018, traveled solo
3  Thank frizzcio
Reviewed March 8, 2018 via mobile

I have been staying at this hotel regularly. Almost once per month for the past 2 years. And each visit last 1 to 2 weeks.

During my last visit, due to some unforeseen circumstances, I need to ask for an half hour extension late check out, but I am repeatedly refused. I am only asking for HALF AN HOUR and I, such a regular, had been refused 3 times.

Told him that I brought my lunch I need 30 mins to eat and then shower before I make my way to the airport. But I am simply refused coldly.

That’s the way they deal with regulars...

Such a disappointment!!

Stayed: March 2018, traveled on business
2  Thank James T
HumbleHouseHotelTP, 前廳部經理 at Humble House Taipei, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2018

Dear James T,

Thank you very much for the feedback you provided, we will take care this issue and improve our service in the future.

Sincerely yours