3,085 results
All reviews woo bar yen bar fabulous room w insider bliss products white noise machine wet bar kitchen table day bed hankyu department store trendy hotel top floor spg member floor to ceiling windows young people pool side chinese restaurant
Reviewed June 24, 2016

Standard W Room, but the view was great. And thankfully quiet. The Lobby Area (like all W Hotels) was overly lively, which is to be expected. The Staff was very helpful and sweet. Would go back anytime in Taipei.

Room Tip: Being an SPG member gets you extra benefits and worth signing up before staying at any SPG Property.
  • Stayed: April 2016, traveled solo
wtaipeiofficial, 經理 at W Taipei, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2016

Dear CroqueMomo,

Thank you for your comments! It is fabulous to know you had such a wonderful stay with us! We are also pleased to learn you love the view from our room, the helpful service from our talent as well as the lively Living Room at W Taipei. Once again, thank you and we do look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed June 23, 2016

I have traveled a lot for both business and pleasure and can confidently say that my recent stay at the W Taipei was the best experience I've ever had...from beginning to end.

I booked their car service from Taoyuan Airport, where two employees greeted and whisked me and all my belongings into the car and to the hotel before I could even get my bearings straight; the nice selection of munchies in the car was a pleasant surprise and very welcome for this weary traveler. But the service and attention had just started - three associates greeted my car and brought me (and my belongings again) straight up to my room - a very appropriately named "Marvelous Suite" - where they took my information and gave me my room key...without even needing to stop at the front desk. I even received a follow-up call a few minutes later to check to see if I had any issues - and yet another associate dropped by around half an hour later with a delectable basket of crackers and breads. I might add that I am not any VIP or notable person (no preferred SPG status, no high ranking executive, etc.) - I believe this is truly the way this property treats all its customers.

The Marvelous suite was indeed marvelous - the furnishings and amenities were second to none and the bed was incredibly comfortable; complimentary bottled water and bedtime snacks were left each night I was there. The wi-fi service was fast and I had no issues with connections or VPN-ing back home to the U.S. I visited the concierge twice and each time received prompt and friendly help, including one gentleman who went out of his way to book and even go out to buy train tickets for me.

The most wonderful aspect of the whole visit was a front desk associate named Sarah - sometimes one person can make all the difference in the world and she definitely did for me; she was friendly, courteous, detail-oriented and caring and I knew that I could call on her if I had any issues...the hotel should be proud to have someone like her representing both their property and brand.

One other very positive but underappreciated aspect of this property is that it is adjacent to an MRT subway station - I didn't realize how often I would need to use it over the course of four days, but it was a huge convenience to have that feature so close by.

In summary, I don't know how anyone could not appreciate a stay here - I read some of the negative comments and feel every one of them was either complaining about normal snafus that happen in life or unwarranted (including one who said he received too much attention). I can think of only one other place in the world (the former Mandarin Oriental San Francisco) where I felt like I wanted to book a trip to the city just to stay at the hotel, and the W Taipei is now at the top of that list - other hotels around the world could definitely learn something from them, "nobody does it better."

• Stayed: June 2016, traveled with family

Dear bhlmkh,

Thank you so much for your lovely review! We are so thrilled to know that you had such a great time with us! It’s very encouraging to hear that you are satisfied with services provided by our talent at W Taipei. We will definitely pass your recognition towards related departments. Thanks again for your recognition and recommendations; we’ll continue to strive hard to give each guests a fabulous W experience here! Look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Reviewed June 19, 2016

I am an SPG platinum and travel a lot in China and Taiwan for business. I had a great experience in W Taipei last week. Unlike the mediocre service I often experience in China's top SPG hotels, the front desk's service was warm and confident. I got an upgrade to a very specious suite automatically without any ask or fight. A follow up call came in to my room after I checked in to make sure everything is alright. shoeshine, laundry, ice buckets, extra Champaign glasses, all my routines were smooth and fast.

I particularly enjoyed the cocktails at the 31st floor bar. The bar tender is called Jay. We asked him to make a few cocktails that are not in the menu. Each of them was DELICOUS! The beef noodle from the restaurant next to the bar is definitely a must!

Room Tip: Those who go to bed early you may want to avoid low floor of that side because parties there could be noisy.
  • Stayed: June 2016, traveled on business
wtaipeiofficial, 經理 at W Taipei, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2016

Dear conradlin,

Thank you for your review. It is a great honor to hear from you that our services and YEN bar make for a wonderful stay! We will share your feedback with our team and our talent definitely will be thrilled to know you have commended high on our service.

Look forward to welcoming you again in the near future.

Reviewed June 15, 2016

Hats off to the management and staff. This is by far my favorite hotel I stayed at during my two week Asia excursion. The hotel is situated in a prime location near Taipei 101 with lots of food and shopping in walking distance. The hotel ambience exudes modern luxury with an Asian esque flair. Customer service is perfected here from the hosts to the front desk. Excellent gym, food, and nightlife. Not much more I can say here but great job!

Room Tip: Room with a view of Taipei 101
  • Stayed: May 2016, traveled with friends
wtaipeiofficial, 經理 at W Taipei, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2016

Dear peter_vpnet,

Hooray! Thank you so much for sharing this uplifting review with us. We are happy to know you had a pleasant stay in so many aspects, such as the convenient location, wonderful guest services and FIY gym. We would definitely look forward to welcoming your back next time for another fabulous stay!

Reviewed June 14, 2016 via mobile

With it's contemporary design this particular auberge certainly stands out from the crowd.

Upon checking in we were delighted to be assisted by the amiable Sarah who was an excellent host as well as being an encyclopaedic guide!

Guest rooms were spacious, very avant garde!

Dining options for breakfast at 'The Kitchen Table' were both plentiful and delectable!

Stayed: November 2015, traveled with family
wtaipeiofficial, 經理 at W Taipei, responded to this reviewResponded June 16, 2016

Dear Prestige82,

Many thanks for staying at W Taipei and leaving your valuable comments. We are simply overwhelmed by your wonderful review and grateful with your recommendations of “très chic” ambiance as extraordinary service. It is also great to know you like our spacious and stylish guest room as well as the taste of our breakfast buffet. Once again, we deeply appreciate your kind feedback and sincerely look forward to seeing you again soon.

With best regards,