W Taipei
Le Meridien Taipei(Xinyi District)
$508
Hotels.com
Home Hotel(Xinyi District)
$181
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
THE Tango Taipei XinYi(Xinyi District)
$150
$123
  • Breakfast included
Eslite Hotel(Xinyi District)
$235
Pacific Business Hotel(Xinyi District)
$145
$103
  • Restaurant
Grand Hyatt Taipei(Xinyi District)
$210
  • Pool
AT Boutique Hotel(Xinyi District)
$77
$63
Humble House Taipei(Xinyi District)
$227
$214
  • Pool
Sparkle Hotel(Xinyi District)
$100
$91
  • Restaurant
EnRich House(Xinyi District)(Great Value!)
$59
2,940 results
All reviewswoo baryen barfabulous roomw insiderwet barbliss productswhite noise machinekitchen tableday bedfloor to ceiling windowshankyu department storetop floortrendy hotelspg memberyoung peoplepool sidechinese restaurant
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 25, 2014

I am not a big fan of the W group of hotels (having stay at a couple before). Generally I find such hotels long on style and the chic factor but short on practicalities and warmth. Somehow there are those in the services sector who confuses fashionable and cool for uppity attitude. So I was of two minds when I signed up for W Taipei. We stayed there for 6 nights.

However W Taipei proved me wrong. This is one rare hotel that managed to combined avant grad design, fashion statement with full functionalities of a well thought out hotel. Stylish in every way possible yet the amenities were all there, easy to locate and use. The room lightings were bright enough and dim enough as you want it. That said, the rooms were abit modest in size although very comfortable and cosy.

On top of that, services were excellent. Check in was painless, front desk were all very helpful with arranging for reservations. Housekeeping were prompt and efficient. A test of quality service is the time it takes for a call and have the request attended to. For this, I cannot find any fault with this hotel. And they all serve you with warmth that goes with efficiency - not an easy quality to find. We were served some complimentary snacks concocted by the hotel in our room; it was a nice touch and delicious. Probably indicative of a good hotel confectionery.

We had a room with a view of Taipei 101. It cost more and in my opinion, not really a big deal. Nice to have but you can live without it. Not like it was lit up brilliant each night and the lights goes off by 10 anyway.

The main restaurant for breakfast and lunch was so so. Nothing to write home about.
There is a very happening lobby bar/club where the coolest people for Taipei hang out each night.

Location is great - MRT right at your door steps, walking distance to Sun Yat Sun memorial, Taipei 101 and many other department stores. Great for those who need their mall shopping fix. 10min cab ride from Raohe and Tonghua Night markets.

Would have given it score of 5 if not for their rather mediocre lunch and breakfast. And the modest sized room.

All in - a very pleasant stay and very highly recommended. I should put it a 4.5/5 but trip advisor has not 1/2s :)

Room Tip: Not really necessary to pay more for Taipei 101 view. Not a big deal.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
wtaipeiofficial, Manager at W Taipei, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2014

Dear Navigator22,

Thank you for this detailed review on us. We are thrilled to know that we refreshed your impressions towards W Hotels with our prompt and warmth services during your stay. It is our pleasure and honor to make you a home away from home experience in Taipei. On the other hand, your feedback towards our the kitchen table has been well noted for future improvement.
We feel regret that the dining experience in our hotel didn't meet your expectations. Thank you for your valuable review that gave us a chance to do better. We sincerely look forward to your next visit for another wonderful W stay.

Reviewed February 24, 2014

Finding some time to write this review because I think they deserve it. Stayed in W Taipei since opening till today and I decided to fly to Taipei to celebrate its 3rd birthday. As a Platinum member, you will always get surprises and room upgrades. Not only you will get fantastic room facing Taipei 101, you get fantastic service. I managed to get all the 3 gifts specially for the 3rd anniversary. Some experience that I get from the staff was Wonderful. Three talents have given me a wonderful experience. One of them, fifi who brought the welcome gift to the room have gone the extra mile to ensure that everything in the room was in order and ask me to look for her if there are anything that I need. Next is another talent at Yen Restaurant but din manage to get her name. She remember me when I went for the party in the late evening at woo bar and she greeted me. Last talent, Stone was the most impressive one. As I wanted to collect the 3rd anniversary shaker but I do not take alcohol so he actually do one mojito that has no alcohol for me. This really impress me with such exceptional service and request that I have. No words to describe the happiness that i had there until you tried the W experience on your own and that is why I liked W so much

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
wtaipeiofficial, Manager at W Taipei, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2014

Dear Bobgh80,

Great, great, great thanks to you for flying to Taipei to celebrate our birthday with us! It is such a wonderful thing that we could have your support since we opened in 2011. Your recognition towards us and our talents in particular is truly the best birthday gift to us. Wish you a very pleasant 2014, and we always welcome your back again and again from the deepest of our heart.

Reviewed February 24, 2014

W Taipei is equally impressive as the top W establishments in Asia, I rank W Taipei in the same league as W HK and W Seoul. The commanding views overlooking the airport on one side and downtown on the other side provide a great view of Taipei. The Woobar overlooking the outdoor pool is an impressive ambiance for a dip or drinks.

W Taipei offers a unique W experience. The staff are attentive, extremely courteous, professional and helpful. All points you will come to not only appreciate but thankful for non-Chinese speakers. Everything you expect a W Hotel.

The ambiance in the lobby and rooms with a chic modern Chinese, Western fusion blended decor is refreshingly different while not forgetting the comforts of home. Unlimited drinks during Happy Hours for SPG Platinum/Gold members is great any night of the week to sit back, relax and soak in the atmosphere.

A fantastic team that continually caters to guests needs at every opportunity to deliver a truly W for Wonderful experience.

W Taipei exceeds the standard for W hotels around the world.

Room Tip: High floors, corner rooms overlooking downtown or airport in the distance as you watch planes take off in clear daylight.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business

Dear NCheok,

Great appreciations to your excellent review on us! We are pleased to know that you received an unique W experience during your stay and found our talents attentive and helpful. Your wonderful recognition truly encourages us to keep providing the heart-touching services to all our respectful guests like you. We would love to see you back again to us as W Taipei will always be your home away from home in this happening city.

Reviewed February 24, 2014

A nice and chic hotel. Staff are friendly and attentive. The bar at the top floor is not too bad with a great view of the city. Location wise it's just right next to the train station and bus terminal. Walking distance to Taipei 101.

However, the only disappointing part was the breakfast. The choices were okay though i expected more and the taste of the food was really below those hotels of similar rank. Better save the money for some where else.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
wtaipeiofficial, Manager at W Taipei, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2014

Dear T_Terrence,

Thank you for your review on us. We are thrilled to know that you like our chic ambiance, the attentive talents and the view from our YEN bar. However, we feel sorry that our breakfast quality didn't meet your expectations. Our chefs are revising the menu and immediate action is implemented to provide a larger varieties and selections during breakfast at the kitchen table. Thank you for giving us a chance to make ourselves better, and we sincerely look forward to your next visit to see our improvement.

Reviewed February 23, 2014

Stayed a night at W Taipei as transit accommodation before flying home. Lovely Taipei street view from my 30th level room. Outstanding and dedicated services rendered. Experienced an earthquake in the middle of the night, gave front desk a call to check on the situation and concerned staff offered to send a hot drink to room to calm and get me back to sleep again.

The bed was big and really comfy that I could hardly get myself out of it the next morning.

One down point was that the 2 sets of iPhone docking stations provided in the room do not support lightning connection and there wasn't any convertor available for loan at Whatever. A little bit of disappointment there.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
wtaipeiofficial, Manager at W Taipei, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2014

Dear AngeliaC14,

Thank you so much for your wonderful post. It’s our pleasure to know that you enjoyed the fabulous view from our hotel rooms and the outstanding services from our talents, especially the thoughtful comforting amenity after the earthquake. However we are sorry about the shortage of the iPhone converter and have implemented an action plan to solve this problem.
We wish to see you soon for another amazing stay at W Taipei.