W Taipei
Le Meridien Taipei(Xinyi District)
$508
Eslite Hotel(Xinyi District)
$235
Pacific Business Hotel(Xinyi District)
$122
$103
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
THE Tango Taipei XinYi(Xinyi District)
$150
$146
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
Home Hotel(Xinyi District)
$181
  • Restaurant
Humble House Taipei(Xinyi District)
$227
$214
Agoda.com
  • Pool
Grand Hyatt Taipei(Xinyi District)
$211
  • Pool
Sparkle Hotel(Xinyi District)
$100
$86
  • Restaurant
AT Boutique Hotel(Xinyi District)
EnRich House(Xinyi District)
2,940 results
All reviewswoo baryen barfabulous roomw insiderwet barbliss productswhite noise machinekitchen tableday bedfloor to ceiling windowshankyu department storetop floortrendy hotelspg memberyoung peoplepool sidechinese restaurant
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 6, 2013

The perfect hotel in the perfect location. Conveniently located above the City Hall subway station it is just a short walking distance from 101 Taipei and other major shopping malls. There are lots of eateries and restaurants nearby too.

The staff are attentive and friendly, the lobby and rooms trendy. The restaurants are amazingly good too. The gym is well equipped and spacious. Everything about this hotel is just wonderful and I look forward to my next stay in this hotel. I have stayed here 3 times and will continue to choose this hotel when I come back to Taipei.

Room Tip: Rooms with a view with 101
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
wtaipeiofficial, Manager at W Taipei, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2013

Dear hotspot78,

Thank you for your continuous support; we really appreciate that you graded us as “W-onderful in every W-ay.” Happy to know that your wonderful stay experience was contributed by the combination of the great location, design, facility, food and service. That’s exactly what we are aiming for providing to all our guests! We do look forward to seeing you again, too.

Reviewed June 6, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed many times at the wonderful W Taipei. The property is surely the best in Taipei. The service and amenities are top five in all of Asia. Cary Gray and team deliver tremendous service, style and quality. Gym is outstanding. Main restaurant has the best breakfast buffet in an Asian business hotel. The bar, inside or pool-side, is a very chilled and cool place to relax after work. Rooms are fantastic! Across the board, one of the best business hotels in Asia.

• Stayed: June 2013
wtaipeiofficial, Manager at W Taipei, responded to this reviewResponded June 9, 2013

Dear asiatravel4years,

Thank you for your valuable recognition of “one of the best business hotels in Asia”. We are aiming for providing the WHATEVER/WHENEVER service to our guests. It’s thrilling to know that you had enjoyed with our hotel facilities, the buffer breakfast at the kitchen table and the tremendous service. We really appreciate your constant stay with us and look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed June 5, 2013

my coworker had stayed here and recommended the hotel to me. there seems to be a very small presence of american brand hotels so i decided to give W taipei a try rather than westin since this appears to be in a more ideal location and had better reviews. we stayed here feb 2013 and im not exactly sure this was the best place to stay with my parents as this hotel def has the young and trendy vibe, borderline obnoxious type of attitude. they didnt give us an attitude per se but they gave off a vibe like they didnt want to be here or maybe they were confused as to why they work there. they all seem to think they're models and are there to hang out and pass time. very nonchalant.

Room Tip: my coworker had stayed here when they first opened, and recommended the hotel to me. there seems to be a very small presence of american brand hotels so i decided to give W taipei a try rather than westin since this appears to be in a more ideal location and had better reviews. we stayed here feb 2013 and im not exactly sure this was the best place to stay with my parents as this hotel def has the young and trendy vibe, borderline obnoxious type of attitude. they didnt give us an attitude per se but they gave off a vibe like they didnt want to be here or maybe they were confused as to why they work there. they all seem to think they're models and are there to hang out and pass time. very nonchalant. the front desk checked us in promptly but also left out proper instruction as to how to operate the tv remote, the wifi instructions, and so forth. the not so important factors. they were able to help us do currency exchange with no problem and were quick at everything as well. we had mixed experiences with the door staff who are supposed to greet you and hold the door for you. i'm not complaining because this is additional service, this is actually what they do here. someone stands by the front door and holds it upon your arrival/departure from the building. this service was a hit or miss. i found that the young gentlemen who worked here were prompt and always courteous in getting us a cab etc. however the females who work the door shift dont even give an ounce of effort. if theyre too weak to help they shouldnt be there?? a lot of times the females wouldnt even be anywhere NEAR the door, instead standing around the lobby gossiping away. we stayed in the wonderful room... it was was actually quite small but i guess fairly standard for asian hotels and just enough for a couple. the bathroom isnt much of a bathroom/ but instead was like an open concept? if youre lucky you may be upgraded to a room with a view of the taipei 101 which looks extremely close to the hotel (more like a 15min walk?). i asked if there were free upgrades at check in and they said you will have to pay the difference. whats the point of the FREE upgrade then? the best thing about the room was probably the toilet. we didnt bother with the lounge / restaurant/ cafe downstairs as there are much more cheap food options to try out in the city!
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear sasli,

Thank you for taking your time to share your experience with us. We feel sorry that our service didn't meet your expectations. Immediate investigation and actions are taken to enhance our service quality strictly. Thank you so much for your review that gives us the chance to improve ourselves. We look forward to welcoming you back again.

Reviewed June 4, 2013

This is my first time staying at the W Taipei. Location is superb, walking distance to the landmark tower 101. The gym was fully equipped with the best machines and a punching bag which I found rare in other gym around the globe. I am most impressed by their so called whatever/whenever service. I had to get some shower gel for my clients which are only sold in Taiwan, however they can only be brought at the head quarter (which is quite far from downtown) or online, and the head quarter is only opened on Mon thru Fri. Problem is that I was only staying there for the weekend. When I discuss my situation with one of the front desk staff Tracy and her manager Eve, they gave me a solution right away, where they will go buy the shower gel at the headquarter for me the next day and will ship them oversea for me. I was overwhelmed by their service and initiation for helping. I must say that this is a truely 5 star service experience.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
wtaipeiofficial, Manager at W Taipei, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2013

Dear Johnny S,

We could not express how thrilled after receiving your review! It’s delightful to know that you enjoyed the convenient location, gym facilities and also our WHATEVER/WHENEVER service. WHATEVER/WHENEVER is our service promise and we aim to deliver the best stay experience to every guest. Your recognition had been shared with the team to encourage them to provide great service to our guests continuously. Thank you for your fantastic comments and we look forward to seeing you back to W Taipei soon!

Best Regards,

Reviewed June 2, 2013

My bf and I stayed at W Taipei over the New Year's in the Marvelous Suite. The suite itself is as the name indicates, Marvelous. The living room area is nicely decorated and carefully furnished. The living room can easily fit 10 people and still be considered spacious. I especially adored the bedding! The cotton sateen material of the bedsheets made it feel extremely silky smooth. The mattress itself was also amazing. There is a guest bathroom by the door and a huge master bathroom. There is a bathtub with a view! The location of the hotel is great! Close to a cluster of malls, the subway station, and a great deal of night markets all accessible by a quick taxi ride.

The service was also impeccable! There was one night where we asked if the hotel provided cards and they said they didn't have any but will send someone to a convinient store and buy a deck for us!

We didn't try the breakfast at the hotel because Taipei has gastronomical breakfast places so I can't comment on that but from the looks of it when passing by, the food selection looks very inviting!

Now, the reason I hesitated to rate W with 5 wonderful stars is due to the check in and check out process, which is important as it sets and concludes the atmosphere of the stay. The check in counters are on the 10th floor so when we stepped out of the cab, the bellmen directed us into the building. At this point, no one directed us to the elevators nor informed us of where to check in; rather, we had to ask the people behind the counter of the check in location. As a 5-star hotel, anticipating needs of guests is crucial. So, with our luggages, we took the lift to the 10th floor hoping for a fast check in. When we got there, the whole environment was not comforting. The music from the Woo Bar was extremely loud, considering it was only the afternoon, and the entire layout of the check in counter seems very unorganized. My bf is a platinum SPG member, and at every SPG hotel we've been, there were designated counters for them. W did not have this. We waited in line for about 20mins. When it was finally our turn, we waited for another 10-15mins for the reception to get organized. Taking 30mins to check in was a bit unacceptable to me. I do understand that it was close to New Year's so they are very busy but like I said, the hotel should anticipate the high volume of guests and manage the situation. A side note, there is a welcome drink table where you can grab your own drinks, which is considerat but as a suggestion, they should label the alcoholic ones from the non-alcholic since kids assumed they were just juice.

Then there was the check out which took over 30mins because of some "mysterious" stain on the sofa. We did invite a few friends over to celebrate the New Year's so it's understandable that they probably thought we split red wine on the sofa - which we didn't. I would assume that if we didn't have wine in the room, they probably wouldn't see the "stain" that was there before we checked-in, but this is my assumption. The reception kept us there, waiting for house keeping to check this and that. We told them that we didn't spill anything but if they must insist, they can check to see if it is removable and send us a bill if necessary but we were in a rush so do not have the time to wait to deal with this issue. Again, we were told to wait for someone to come down with a picture of this apparent super small stain of sorts. The person said if it is removable, they won't charge us, if they can't they will see if they can patch it up with a similar piece of fabric.If they can't, they might have to charge us for the entire couch peice. We didn't have time to argue the soundness of his statement since we were in a rush but asked him to email us if there are problems. In the end, the "stain" was washable and we didn't have to pay for the couch. How nice of them...

Suggesting to replace the whole couch was absolutely absurd to me, especially for a 5-Star hotel and considering our patronage to the SPG chain. Overtime and overuse of furnitures etc will definitely occur but this is not the responsibility of guests but overhead the hotel should absorb. I was quite surprised that they would actually say something like replacing the whole couch! The guy dealing with this was very polite the whole time which definitely did not worsen the situation, which is the reason why I still gave W hotel 4 stars..I hope this situation doens't happen to future guests.. looking at the reviews thus far, it seems it haven't, a good sign. If only we didn't have to experience such strange events.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
JulianLin921, Manager at W Taipei, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2013

Dear teresa_asa,

We would like thank you for giving us this detailed review. Happy to know that you loved our room, the design, the W signature bedding and the service. Apology for that your arrival and check-out experience didn't meet your expectations. We understand your concern and have passed on your comment to our Welcome team for them to consider their feedback and implement appropriate changes where required. Thank you again and look forward to having you back with us.