Book In Advance

Ways to Experience Taipei Zoo
from $251.08
More Info
3,137 results
All reviews panda house panda exhibit entrance fee maokong gondola giant pandas shuttle train wide variety of animals brown line per adult main entrance cable car last stop walk around mrt station koalas enclosures mcdonalds
Selected filters
Reviewed June 9, 2019 via mobile

We were visiting the the USA and were so excited to see a panda! We were able to see the panda outside and a baby inside. It was a fantastic experience! We purchased a stuffed panda at the gift shop for the children as a keepsake. We learned that bags are an additional fee, which is not uncommon in Taiwan, so be prepared to carry your purchases in a backpack.

We rode the small train to the top of zoo area and walked down. The grounds have beautiful landscaping. Unfortunately, we were not able to enjoy the gondola as it was under maintenance from 5/20-6/4.

We visited concessions by elephants and purchased delicious refreshments. Outside the zoo, we purchased ice cream from a vendor. We enjoyed the zoo on an overcast day which was perfect. I would recommend good walking shoes and prepare for hot weather if you go on a sunny day.

Reviewed June 6, 2019 via mobile

We first ride the Gondola to avoid the long line ate lunch at the Maokong Station Convenient Store then return for Taipei Zoo, big mistake was we went out at Taipei Zoo South Station to avoid long since there is a tram 5NTD, if you have Fun Pass you should went out at the first station, so instead to save, because riding a Gondola is 70NTD vs entrance of 60NTD plus 5NTD for tram ride. We opt to save the 5NTD, they should have post a information at platform.
The zoo is under renovation some part, as we see a lot of construction. The restroom there is not the same cleanliness as in the City. The glass in viewing animals already dirty.
Animals some of them you can already smell stinky, ponds already have green algae.
Our route from Taipei South Station to Main Entrance is my recommendation.
I hope on my next visit would be a better one.

Date of experience: June 2019
Reviewed May 29, 2019 via mobile

I love zoos and I always visit one whenever I have time. Taipei Zoo is one of the best I've ever visited. It's got a great collection of animals. I particularly loved the pandas and the koalas! The animals are well-kept in nice confinements. The signages are very informative and educational. They give you essential infos about animals. However, not all of them are translated into English. The zoo is also huge! Luckily they have a tram for NTD 5 per ride. The staff are helpful. I just wish that they could speak English better.

Reviewed May 28, 2019 via mobile

The zoo-park was pretty big and it was raining. But we brought our own umbrellas and raincoats so it was a cool day to walk around with not many people. Because it was raining our maps pretty much got wet after the 2nd animal we saw.

Zoo was overall clean with the occasional stink of the animals who were out in the open.

Was looking forward to the penguins but there weren’t much. Possibly the highlight were the koala bears we saw as we witnessed the baby feeding.

Vendo machines available inside the park in between animals. Not many seating areas near the places to eat. Food inside not great. Eat at McDonald’s!

Go if you have kids or you want to take a leisure walk inside a park. Don’t go for the animals. It’s not that great of a zoo. We were looking forward to spending the entire day. Ended up leaving after 4hours.

Tip: Take the train up (5 TWN) and walk going down!

Reviewed May 26, 2019

I'll spare you my moral dilemma with zoos. This Zoo is cheap family friendly activity and easily accessed on the brown line MRT. They accept Yo-Yo Easycards at the gate. See the Monkeys, have a big mac at McDonald's

Date of experience: April 2019