1,744 results
All reviews grand suite premier room great location small gym taxi stand ximen station city view breakfast spread great room tarts few steps pineapple family trip other hotels shopping area choose this hotel toilet and shower
Reviewed January 26, 2016

We had our 2nd time staying at Westgate in Jan 2016 (The first time was back in Dec 2013), and the experience is as pleasant!

The rooms are still still as well furnished and up-to-date, and no (i mean really zero!) signs of wear and tear at all. This is pretty impressive. =)

It was rainy season during our stay this time round, and the more i appreciate how close Westgate is to the Metro station Ximen. The walk to the train station is mostly sheltered, and the un-sheltered walk is less than 1 min =)

In terms of service, nothing to complain about. Housekeeping service is good, and they greeted us warmly every morning, or every moment we met.

Though the price may be on a higher end in Ximen area, I feel that it is worth the price =)

• Stayed: January 2016, traveled as a couple
1  Thank PF-funnie
Reviewed January 18, 2016

Extremely close to Mass Transit Railway, got taxi stand in front of Hotel entrance, also nearby bus stop. Can visit anywhere of Taipei very conveniently. Hotel staff are excellent. Services are thorough and considerate. Room is clean, furnitures are fine.

Stayed: January 2016, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed January 13, 2016

Hotel located right next to Ximen station, at the corner of Ah Zhong Mian Xian and right in the heart of Ximending! This is a plus plus plus point.

Hotel is also clean and spacious, however, windows are tiny and almost non functional. Bathroom is open concept, with the basin outside.

All in all, would pay for the location!

• Stayed: December 2015, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 8, 2016

Stayed here on advice of a friend.

Location is great - essentially adjacent to the Ximen metro station. Lots of shopping and food options within a 10min walking distance.

Hotel itself if great - still a new building. Decor is very nice. They do seem to use a lot of aromatherapy or something similar in the hotel. I tend to be sensitive to strong smells and they didn't bother me; though they may bother other people. Can't see much from the hotel windows. Rooms were comfortable. I was on the 9th floor and some street noise filtered up even there. If you are sensitive to that sort of thing, you'll want to stay on a higher floor as Ximen is busy late into the night. WiFi was very slow to the point of being unusable (would take 30sec to load an image). Data plans are very cheap in Taiwan (got 7d unlimited data for ~12$cdn), so I generally just tethered my computer to my phone. Breakfast buffet is good.

Staff were very helpful and friendly, going above and beyond what I would expect even at a more expensive hotel.

Would definitely stay here again and would encourage others to as well.

• Stayed: January 2016, traveled on business
Reviewed January 4, 2016

I was initially debating between Green World Zhonghua hotel and Westgate given that both appeared to be located in the same area. In the end I was glad to have chosen Westgate. I travelled with elderly parents and location was of paramount importance. The hotel is fairly new and sited just steps away from the Ximending subway exit. It is also a few steps away from the main Ximending shopping area and with lots of not-to-be missed food joints all within an easy walk from the hotel even for my parents. Taxis are also easy to catch right outside the hotel.

The premiere rooms were new and comfortable. I was initially concerned about the bathroom set up which is separate cubicles opening up directly into the room. In the end, this was not an issue at all.
I would definitely book this hotel again the next time I visit Taipei.

Stayed: November 2015