ECFA Hotel Kunming
Via Hotel(Wanhua)
$103
$96
Agoda.com
Rich Garden Hotel(Wanhua)(Great Value!)
$82
$60
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
Beauty Hotels Taipei - Hotel B6(Wanhua)(Great Value!)
$74
$72
$73
$82
  • Breakfast included
Good 9 Stay Inn(Wanhua)(Great Value!)
$47
TripAdvisor
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 7, 2013

Hotel rooms are located at the 10th floor of a very old building. Have difficulties finding the place. Looks like a place converted off a old office. The carpet is terrible stained and look as if it wasn't being washed before. The room smells of bleach. There's a elevated platform as you stepped into the room and kids may trip and fall. No customer service at all. Bed is very hard. Although the location is pretty good as it's near to ximending, I would rather not to choose this hotel. Avoid this hotel at all cost.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank sharontsp
Reviewed August 5, 2013

We booked the hotel for one night in October 2012. Little did we know that there are several ECFA Hotels in Ximen and not all rooms look as fancy as what you see on the Agoda Website. Once we found the Shopping center, we thought - yes, here we are just to be told that our hotel is further down the road.
This location does not have their own reception. The check in is located in the lobby where they serve breakfast as well - some 3minutes walk away. There they provide you the keys and direction on how to get to your location. The branch we stayed in was located next to a fish food court, and the entrance looks really bad - so does the elevator. The corridor is not that much more welcoming but the rooms are at least clean. We had a small room, facing ugly buildings opposite, but it was quite - a big plus.
Pros for this place: The price and the location to the underground was a great plus and all the shopping around as well. The reception was helpful but we most likely would choose to stay somewhere else next time.

Room Tip: ensure which branch you have booked
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 3, 2013

I had great expectations of ECFA hotel when I did the booking with Agoda. However, I was given a rude shock when I arrived. It seems that out of the few ECFA branches in Taipei, this Kunming Street branch had the worst ratings. We arrived in Taipei tired and hungry, taking the 6am flight from Singapore. When we arrived at the hotel at 12 noon, the room was not ready. I accepted this as the check in time should be 3pm. No problem, we left our luggages at the hotel and went out for lunch and walked around.

At 3pm , we went back to the hotel only to discover that two out of three rooms were ready. The receptionist gave us the reason that the room was been sanitised and it takes some time for the air to clear. Fine, we accepted this. I then asked when could we collect the key to the third room while I rested at the room of my traveling mates only to have the receptionist answered back in a very rude manner to come and collect in 30 minutes time. I retorted asking her why the keys could not be sent to my travelling mate's room and again, the receptionist gave me a "we are short handed" answer in a fouled face manner. The funny thing was, there was at least 3-4 other staffs standing idly at the reception, looking at us while we argued.

I do not expect 5 stars services when I paid for 2-3 star hotels. But if someone is doing frontline customer service, there has to be a minimal standard. In the end, I discovered that the room was not being sanitised as claimed by the receptionist but rather, the housekeeping staffs were busy changing the wallpapers of the rooms in the level which I was supposed to be staying. So much for honesty and customer service.

Last but not least, please take note that ECFA is a love motel whereby they rent out the rooms on hourly basis to couples who wanted to have fun. While checking in, there was a young Taiwanese couple who arrived later than us, but were given a room to have their fun first. Out of my 8 nights of different accommodation in Taiwan, ECFA branch in Kunming Road really gave me a very bad experience.

Room Tip: Choose this hotel only if you are left with a tent.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 6, 2013

ECFA properties are confusing as relatively many being there have good and bad experiences over it. Be absolutely sure which location when booking this property otherwise it can turn out to be a disappoinment for some. I have booked a room for 4 pax (1nite 26-27Apr) i.e 2 queen size beds and paid $136 including tax and breakfast and its in kunming - room rate is reasonable good but the service really have to be reviewed by their management. Front office lobby is situated on the10th floor in a very run down building with other "alien tenants" - shld there be a group of 6 pax at any one time at the reception , you probably find yourself packed in a sardine. Best part of it, the receptionist is in professional attire (can't be bothered to find out her name) but not their service ! You will know who she is if ever you are there - not to be missed! Should you ask her for information, she displayed an attitude in action - "dont bother me pls!". What pissed me off was one of my friend had severe migraine and was very unwell and need to extend for an hour the next day but understand its a weekend, likely that they are fully booked and was told to pay for the extension. We paid for the extension and she charges us for 2 hours i.e till 2pm so i asked if we can extend further by another half an hour she said no but if extend further then she will charge us extra as in hourly basis, ( we actually don't mind) ... but in the first place, if they are running full occupancy -why are they able to extend?
We checked out and took my friend to a nearby hospital. The horrifying thing was when the receptionist gave remarks if my friend has gotten the "BirdFlu" bug!!!! - I was super pissed and rebutted her that if was, she will be the ONE to catch it from us! We then huffed off with our check out and this silly receptionist even gave us the wrong direction to the hospital and did not even pre-empt us that its a hopsital on half day till 1pm!! We asked passer-by and ended up in another government hospital which is 1.2km away from the property.

The room is super cramp and you sleep on a bed of built up cupboards instead of mattress and the only luxury is - toilet is spacious and the layout is structually not right cos you must squat to shower despite a stand up shower - why? because end of the day, you get to dip in a pool of water. I am sure other ECFA property will be better than this ECFA in kunming. You can stay at others like Putri hotel, Good Place and am sure some good ones around that around with value for money too. I will not stay with ECFA Kunming again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Juesther L
Reviewed April 17, 2013

We stayed here before at the first two days of our Taiwan trip. After wandering around other cities, we came back to Taipei and booked this hotel for convenience reason. This time they gave us much much bigger room for the same type of room, which is quite strange but we were happy they gave us this big room this time. The minus thing will be the bathroom window. You can see people inside the bathroom since the glass is covered with semi-transparent stickers, which is very inconvenient. Especially when you travel with friends. Moving on, the breakfast was fine. I love the coffee. The selection, though very limited, was enjoyable.

Room Tip: The quad room is quite spacious. Good for traveling with friends.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family