amba Taipei Ximending
  • Restaurant
  • Breakfast included
Star Hotel(Wanhua)
View Hotel
All reviewsflip flopslarge king roommedium kingbalcony roomdepartment storetrendy hotelrice rollsshopping mallbaby cottoilet and showerbreakfast buffethotel is locatednight lifepedestrian areaamenities providedstayed nightsyoung people
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 5, 2013

Concurring with most comments here, this hotel has one of the best location in Ximending. Lots of shops around, right above a small shopping mall and is next to a busy road with abundant of cabs. Easy to locate, easy to move around.

This hotel has very innovative 'touches'. Had a good laugh at myself when finally discovered that the "Do Not Disturb" sign is a door magnet- fun & cool concept! Washer and dryer on the 6th floor is a good value add but didn't get to use, as they were used by other guests during the few times I tried my luck. The ginger range bath foam and shampoo were great. Staff was mostly helpful, polite and efficient.

On the other hand, (Not that I did not expect it -but to help manage the expectation of those who are evaluating this hotel), the layout was terrible. The sink and toilet cubicle (with door) were almost right in front of my bed with no separator (probably no choice due to the small room size). I felt like lying on a bed in a public toilet, facing the sink with a cubicle next to it. Everything else in the room feels like a student's hostel. Most walls felt like gypsum boards and not real walls. Soundproofing is as good as none. Not sure, if I was just unlucky, but if you are thinking of booking this hotel, try to ask for better rooms (if any and if available). Breakfast has almost the same menu everyday- only 2-3 types of changes.

Overall, I think the stay was ok as I was out most of the time and only there to sleep bah! High chance that I will not return to this hotel, unless the room's layout and soundproofing improve.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
teresahuang77, 總經理 at amba Taipei Ximending, responded to this reviewResponded December 12, 2013

Dear amba friend,

Thank you for choosing amba TAIPEI XIMENDING and share your recent amba experience with us.

First of all, thank you for your general recognition towards our location, concept and amenities chosen exclusively for our friends from around the world. Yet, I am truly disappointed to learn that we failed to meet your expectation with our room layout and breakfast selection. Your valuable comments have been taken note and will surely deliver to departments concerned for any future improvements needed.

Thank you once again for your precious feedback. We are always here to welcome you back whenever your next trip brings you back to Taipei.

Reviewed December 4, 2013

The hotel is located in the midst of the hustling and bustling Ximending of Taipei yet it is quiet and calm inside. The room is not big yet reasonable. The design of the hotel is unique with a modern taste of its own. The staff is courteous and efficient. The food of its restaurant is surprisingly good - fresh and delicious though you can find all kinds of eateries near the hotel. If you are crazy about shopping the hotel is just above a four-floor department store building in addition to shops around in the area. Staying here gives you a good taste of old city centre of Taipei. There are always things happening outside the hotel, including street performances. You won't be disappointed if you have a liking for night life!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear amba friend,

Thank you for your valuable feedback.

It is and always has been our utmost goal to bring the most enjoyable stay to our valuable guests staying with us. And I am truly delighted to learn that our team is making this happen during your time with us from your every word shared. Your generous recognition is, by all means, the greatest encouragement and inspiration to the entire amba team.

Thank you once again for your kind words toward amba. We look forward to welcoming you soon whenever your next trip brings you back to Taipei.

Reviewed December 3, 2013

I booked the balcony room at their website, they do offer a special rate if you booked early, the room was spacious and comfortable, very uniquely design i might add. The reception is located at the 5th floor of a shopping centre, the entrance was quite hard to notice but they do have a very BIG "AMBA" sign on the building so at least you wont miss it. The service is great, the cleaner is also very friendly. The breakfast like everyone says " ITS GREAT!", it offers a great variety so you wont be bored of the food or out of choices. There's always have activity at their "TING" ba cafe, do drop by if you have spare time. I'll come back if I going to Taipei again. The hotel is located at Ximending which is just beside 2 cinemas and a comfortable distance from MRT Ximen.

p.s : remember to take the flipflops!

Stayed the for a week from 19/11/2013 - 26/11/2013

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear amba friend,

Thank you for sharing your recent amba experience with us.

I am truly delighted to learn that you had an overall enjoyable stay with us. Your high recognition is indeed the greatest motivation to keep us on striving for a higher standard of service provided to our valuable friends from around the world during their time us. Thank you for such a wonderful encouragement and inspiration!

Reviewed November 26, 2013

My family and I stayed with the Amba Hotel in May for 3 nights before heading home to Singapore. Overall, we were satisfied with the services and facilities of the hotel. The first impression of the hotel was good from the Reception to the coffee house to the rooms. Amenities were sufficient, rooms were cleaned and nicely decorated and location of the hotel was great as within walking distance to the malls and local food centres. We would recommend this hotel to our friends/colleagues/relatives. Hope to be back again in the near future...

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank RM_GWSA
teresahuang77, 總經理 at amba Taipei Ximending, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2013

Dear amba friend,

Thank you for sharing your recent amba experience with us.

It is a true happiness to learn that you had an overall enjoyable yet satisfied stay with us. Your wonderful feedback and recognition is very much appreciated and will surely be shared with the entire amba team, whom I believe will be highly motivated.

Thank you once again for your valuable feedback. We look forward to welcoming you soon in the near future whenever your next trip brings you back to Taipei.

Reviewed November 24, 2013

We stayed in amba for 3 nights and the room was very spacious and comfortable with good air con and wifi. The room came with the usual toiletries but also toothbrush and toothpaste and slippers in which the hotel actually encourages guests to take them home (and I did as they were trendy!). The shower room and toilet were separate which was good as there were three of us sharing a room.

The breakfast buffet was great with a good variety of choices (try their hash browns!!) The stylish, cosy restaurant and bar is a must for those who likes to chill.

In terms of location, amba is centrally located with shops and restaurants right by the door step. The nearest metro station is only a good 5-10 minute walk.

All in all, a nice trendy modern hotel with friendly staff and if I return to Ximending, I would definitely head back to amba.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends

Dear amba friend,

It is truly happy to learn your general recognition. It is and always has been our utmost goal to bring the most enjoyable yet memorable time to our valuable guests staying with us. And I am truly delighted to learn that our team is accomplishing this during your time with us from your every word shared…

Thank you once again for your precious feedback. We look forward to welcoming you soon whenever your next trip brings you back to Taipei.