Good 9 Stay Inn
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Via Hotel(Wanhua)
View Hotel
All reviewshot watermap showingfriendly reception staffmrt mapsmall alleyroom was cleanbasic amenitiesminute walkquiet at nightexcellent locationfew metersbreakfast placefree wifiaccess carddefinitely stay here againdouble roomlight sleeper
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 1, 2013

This hotel (or inn) is the closest you can get to the nightly actions in Ximending. Its in an alley a few steps from the main Ximending walking path. Rooms are uniquely decorated, feels like you are not in a hotel but in a friend's house. Located on the 5th floor of a building with a very small elevator, the guest will have to pass a small alley passing thru small eateries and garment vendors. I stayed for just 1 night since I wanted to walk around Ximending on my last night in Taipei. Also, this inn is just a few minutes walk to the MRT station and just 1 stop to Taipei Main Station where you can catch the airport bus for just NTD 125.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank rse-wpi
Reviewed April 8, 2013

It is jus within 5mins walk to Ximen station, very convenient as 7-11 and Watsons are just around the corner too. Only thing is that the hotel located along the alley, its quite dark in the night but no issue, just few steps walk back only. Room is clean and tidy. All staffs are very helpful and friendly, especially a staff named Peter. He also recommended where is the best place to shop and eat. value for money, will definitely go back to them again! :D

• Stayed: April 2013
2  Thank Joannejiali
Reviewed April 6, 2013

My booking was last minute, and there was only 1 room left in e whole of XMD, which also happens to be the smallest room in Good9stay Inn.
The inn had good location near Ximen train exit, (less than 5 mins walk from the exit) and its nestled 3 mins away from e XMD shopping district. However, it isn't prominent especially to 1 timers as e inn was located on e 5th floor of a building. It's a no frills kinda place, no breakfast, no swimming pools and gym (who needs them while on holidays anyways).
The recep at e lift lobby was very helpful and even had a simple map with good food locations on it and another map of train lines with e night markets labelled next to the relevant train station prepared for us. Even though it was just an inn, he took the effort to show us where the water facilities were and their wifi connection password! Yes, they provide free wifi and the connection beats ST, SH & M1 hands down ;)
The rooms were very clean and when we left the room in the mornings, the recep would greet us and ask us if we would like our rooms to be cleaned.
The service rendered to us was impeccable and it made our stay with them for 3 nights really awesome!
The size of the room I got, which happened to be an emergency exit was really small and had odd angles. I did manage to peep into another room while the family was checking out and the bigger one was ok.
Overall, I would definitely stay at this inn again (but in a bigger room) and I'd highly recommend this inn to friends visiting Taipei.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank michling
Reviewed February 26, 2013

Me and my teenage kids stayed for 4 nights, it was a perfect stay eventhough they do not provide meals. We booked their pickup from airport to be safe as we arrived at midnight. The inn is inside a lane and upstairs 5th floor from a small shopping mall but it is easy to find. First thing we arrived at the inn, the owner was so gracious and he provide us 1 road map around Ximending and 1 MRT map showing all the attractions and directions to travel. Eventhough my mandarin in not good and 1st time travelling on our own in Taipei, but using his map is a piece of cake. The inn is very clean and neat. Water - hot/cold, toileries, towels, bedroom slippers & computer are all provided. Its location is so near the MRT station No. 1 and 6, just 2mins walk. So so convenient. Definitely I will recommend everyone to stay here and the price is reasonable.

Room Tip: Its 4 bedded room is like a picaso, with painting and mirrors all over the room, my childrens loved it , even myself was so enchanted by the room decor. Book directly is cheaper.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank cynthiaspy
Reviewed November 18, 2012

DIRECTIONS & TRANSPORTATION INFORMATION (from Taiwan Taoyuan International Airport):
Here are some accurate directions to the hotel (from the airport) because I followed two reviewers' directions to this hotel which were somewhat inaccurate. Here are directions to the hotel from the Taiwan Taoyuan International Airport by public transportation. You take a bus from the airport to Taipei Main Station for NT$125. Then get a single journey ticket or a day pass or a Taipei pass (depending on how much you'll be using your subway card) at the MRT ticket machines or the help booths. If you tell them what you plan on seeing that day they might be able to tell you whether or not it's worth getting the day pass or not. Take the Blue line towards Yongning. Get off at Ximen (1 stop away). Get out exit 6. Look/veer towards your right and you will see a Faceshop. Walk to the Faceshop store. Take a left at Faceshop. Take a left at the first small alleyway (Chengdu Road). The hotel will come up on your right. Take the elevator to the 5th floor. You won't miss the sign.

When I was looking for hotels almost everything for a reasonable price was booked up for the weekend I was traveling. I found this place but was skeptical because some of the reviews had mentioned the rooms were small however I went ahead and booked 2 nights of the Standard Double room.

When we got to the hotel the man at the front desk greeted us and gave us all the information we needed. He was very kind and told us to ask him anything if we had any questions. He gave us a map of the local area, internet information, subway information, and then showed us to our room. When I had seen pictures of the rooms and read reviews online I was a bit worried but when I saw the room I was really happy and surprised. I knew the room had no windows but it was spacious, clean, had the essentials, comfortable, and quiet. I couldn't have asked for more. For the location we were in, the room was well worth the price! I would definitely stay here again!

On our 2nd day in Taipei it rained. We knew it would rain and prepared umbrellas but they offered to lend us umbrellas as we were walking out in case we didn't have any. In the end, I actually preferred their umbrellas because it was bigger so I borrowed one for the day and brought it back in the evening. The next day we wanted to check out a breakfast place in Daan and asked them for directions. They were really helpful and even called the number on the website for us. And right before we checked out we were running late to the airport so they checked to make sure we were going to the correct airport and suggested we take a taxi over taking a bus which saved us from missing our flight and told us how much it would come out to. The staff was extremely helpful every single chance they had. I have absolutely nothing to complain about.

The rooms were clean. Beds comfortable. AC works well. Hot water works well. Definitely one of the best locations!!!! Easy transportation to almost anywhere. Not expensive. Helpful staff! I will definitely stay here again!!!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple