All reviews every morning raohe night market guests staying shampoo and body wash common room filling breakfast bed room elephant mountain subway stop place to stay awesome stay few minutes walk away enjoyed my stay complimentary breakfast home away from home the location is perfect common areas
Reviewed December 3, 2017

Taiwan was my first country in my multi-country adventure last year and I didn't know what to expect. I walked through Old Taipei to the hostel and wondered if I was walking through a rougher part of the city. Turned out, like the rest of Old Taipei, was that it was very safe, historical, and has very pleasant surprises if you know where to look.

That set the tone of the trip and the hostel and the sites that were recommended to me by the hosts were wonderful and I would have never known about them if they didn't tell me. They are a very adventurous couple who recommended a great free walking tour with Longshan Temple Tour I went on my first night, an adventure to hike to the top of Qixing Mountain the next day, and 小紅莓自助火鍋城, a very good hot pot restaurant around the corner of the hostel.

I loved the fresh flowers that I saw in the markets and stores to and from the hostel, and I appreciate the wonderful experience.

Date of stay: December 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed November 11, 2017 via mobile

Honestly I got such a big warm welcome when I checked in. The hostel is runned by a couple who traveled together and they really make you feel at home. Also they know what they missed or liked about their previous traveling and they perfected their hostel with all their experiences. They offer a home cooked and different good filling breakfast (something slightly different every day!) and they were super helpfull while I was planning the rest of my trip trough Taiwan.
I thought the room was a bit pricy but including breakfast and just with the homely feel to it, it's super worth it. WiFi in the rooms didn't work quite well, but in the common room or always worked perfectly.

Date of stay: November 2017
Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed October 20, 2017 via mobile

Sleepy Dragon Hostel is the best in the district and probably in whole Taipei. First of all, it’s not hard to make a reservation (book thru their website for cheaper rate!). What’s advertised in the website (e.g photos, testimonials) are true. The hostel is not hard to find as it is only 7 minutes of walk from the train station. I don’t mind walking a few meters because the location is great (lots to see while walking) and the neighbourhood is pretty cool. Our hosts (Satoru and Shelly) made everything convenient for us. Satoru immediately accommodated us upon seeing (he accepted our bags prior to check-in so we can already start our tour) and he gave us maps and helped us with the directions to the attractions to visit. Check-in process was quick and Shelly made sure that we are properly welcomed. The place is not that big but it’s perfect because it’s so homey and well-maintained. You’ll have access to almost all the areas and you’re not gonna get bored because there are a lot of things you can do in the hostel itself (read books, eat, use a desktop computer, chill at the veranda and more). Comfort rooms and shower rooms are clean (shampoo and body wash are provided and free use of hairdryer, take note). The bunkbeds are large and I had a comfortable sleep during our stay. The locker is large enough for us backpacks (but for big luggages, you can leave it in the room, just be extra cautious.) The rooms are clean and well ventilated. Breakfast is being served at 8:30am and it was delicious (sandwich, salad and choice of coffee or tea). Washing machine and dryer are also available (with applicable fees). We made some friends!! Shoutout to Elisa and Emmanuel! Overall, our stay was fantastic and if there’s one thing we regret, it’s that we didn’t have a lot time to appreciate the hostel more (since we were always outside sightseeing, haha). Experience Sleepy Dragon Hostel guys, you’re gonna enjoy it! ;)

Date of stay: October 2017
Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed September 3, 2017

Although I was only there for one night, this hostel was simply outstanding. Husband and wife team made you feel right at home. The 'pods' you sleep in are brilliant. Everything was perfectly clean and really comfy. I can be quite picky, but have absolutely no complaints whatsoever, it was a pleasure to stay here.

Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed August 10, 2017 via mobile

The host is very helpful and kind. The hostel itself is accessible, comfortable, clean, and secure. I don't have even a little complaint during my stay. This is my first hostel experience and I never thought that it will be this good. Generally it feels just like home.

Date of stay: August 2017