All reviews every morning raohe night market common room filling breakfast place to stay subway stop few minutes walk away common areas air con songshan airport shelly beds taiwan facilities key comfort
Reviewed October 20, 2017 via mobile

Sleepy Dragon Hostel is the best in the district and probably in whole Taipei. First of all, it’s not hard to make a reservation (book thru their website for cheaper rate!). What’s advertised in the website (e.g photos, testimonials) are true. The hostel is not hard to find as it is only 7 minutes of walk from the train station. I don’t mind walking a few meters because the location is great (lots to see while walking) and the neighbourhood is pretty cool. Our hosts (Satoru and Shelly) made everything convenient for us. Satoru immediately accommodated us upon seeing (he accepted our bags prior to check-in so we can already start our tour) and he gave us maps and helped us with the directions to the attractions to visit. Check-in process was quick and Shelly made sure that we are properly welcomed. The place is not that big but it’s perfect because it’s so homey and well-maintained. You’ll have access to almost all the areas and you’re not gonna get bored because there are a lot of things you can do in the hostel itself (read books, eat, use a desktop computer, chill at the veranda and more). Comfort rooms and shower rooms are clean (shampoo and body wash are provided and free use of hairdryer, take note). The bunkbeds are large and I had a comfortable sleep during our stay. The locker is large enough for us backpacks (but for big luggages, you can leave it in the room, just be extra cautious.) The rooms are clean and well ventilated. Breakfast is being served at 8:30am and it was delicious (sandwich, salad and choice of coffee or tea). Washing machine and dryer are also available (with applicable fees). We made some friends!! Shoutout to Elisa and Emmanuel! Overall, our stay was fantastic and if there’s one thing we regret, it’s that we didn’t have a lot time to appreciate the hostel more (since we were always outside sightseeing, haha). Experience Sleepy Dragon Hostel guys, you’re gonna enjoy it! ;)

Stayed: October 2017, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 3, 2017

Although I was only there for one night, this hostel was simply outstanding. Husband and wife team made you feel right at home. The 'pods' you sleep in are brilliant. Everything was perfectly clean and really comfy. I can be quite picky, but have absolutely no complaints whatsoever, it was a pleasure to stay here.

• Stayed: September 2017, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 10, 2017 via mobile

The host is very helpful and kind. The hostel itself is accessible, comfortable, clean, and secure. I don't have even a little complaint during my stay. This is my first hostel experience and I never thought that it will be this good. Generally it feels just like home.

Stayed: August 2017, traveled solo
Reviewed July 19, 2017

This may be the best hostel I stayed in. Firstly, the owners are a great help. I had no plans at all when I got to Taipei and they gave me suggestions for every part of my trip. Instead of trying to sell me tours which I am sure there would be a commission, they told me how to see everything myself by train and free walking tours. The walking tours are the best anyway. I dont usually eat veges but it was prepared so well. And the bacon..oh my God..amazing. I didnt see any dirt the whole time there and the toilets were so clean. The curtains at the beds were also a lifesaver, had a good nights rest everynight there

• Stayed: July 2017, traveled solo
Reviewed July 16, 2017

A fantastic and very comfortable hostel owned and ran by a lovely couple and their dedicated helpers who know exactly what travellers need and make sure that every little detail is in place for their comfort. Cozy beds, awesome breakfast, a great location just a few minutes walk from a subway stop and Raohe Night Market, and all the information you may need. (And some great Taiwanese beers to taste - try the Takao Blue :) Very highly recommended!

• Stayed: July 2017, traveled solo