Les Suites Taipei Ching-cheng
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$146
Delight Hotel(Songshan)(Great Value!)
$67
$53
$154
$145
  • Restaurant
Lealea Garden Hotels-Taipei(Songshan)(Great Value!)
$91
$68
$73
$61
$91
$77
Agoda.com
City Suites Taipei Nandong(Songshan)
$74
$65
Trip.com
  • Restaurant
Hotel B Taipei(Songshan)(Great Value!)
$62
Simple+ Hotel(Songshan)
$82
$73
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsboutique hotelmrt stationroom keymobile phonemrt cardwifi hotspoton demandles suitehome away from homesuperior roombaksolovely boutiquefresh fruitsmall hotelfree drinksupon checkfavorite hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 11, 2014

Chose this hotel based on reviews. Stayed 3 nights.
Initially I have to admit I was a little disppointed. Room was a little smaller and older looking than I remembered from the photos.
However as I stayed at the hotel the initial diappointment completely disappeared and I really enjoyed my stay. All the services and amenities are very handy and well thought out. Staff are brilliant at every point with great english. Location is amazing. Very close to all my appointments and literally next to MRT stop. Within 2 blocks there are shops restaurants conveinience stores. Evrything you need.
Breakfast was light on choices but very nice.
My favourite feature is the smartphone that they supply from the front desk for free. Enables free local calling, maps and best of all has MRT card on the back that is charged to your room - so convenient.

My only negative is that breakfast coffee totally blows. Nespresso in the room is far better. Management should provide better level of coffee for breakfast room.

All in all great hotel and would not hesitate to return.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank specialk23
Reviewed January 6, 2014

Seldom do I find myself rating hotels as 'Excellent' but there is no other word to describe the experience of staying at Les Suites Taipei. In truth it has been some time since I last stayed at the property but I do remember this being my favourite business stay in Asia. I always feel a bit 'special' from checking in until checking out. The rooms are ideal for a business traveller with every amenity catered for. My wife loves the aluminium combs for some reason! Breakfast is comprehensive with lots of choice which always looked like it is cooked fresh. Beds are comfy and the property is set in a quiet spot. Admittedly there are no views from the hotel but when travelling on business, with the number of hours spent in the hotel, the working space is more important, so nothing lost here. Great hotel!

Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank paffytripper
Reviewed January 6, 2014 via mobile

First time in Taipei, we have chosen this hotel for the first 4 nights. Located in a commercial area, not on main street but easy to find. MRT is just next door. Eateries are just walking distance.

The staffs are really the great assets of this hotel. Their attention to details must be appreciated. We were upgraded to Junior Suite Room as we were using Visa promotion, and of course we got other benefits too. One staff who was outstanding is Ms. Lin. Even our tour guide was treated greatly by her.

The room is spacious, clean, and well designed. The breakfast is fresh but not too many choices. The lounge is 24 hour free serving tea/coffee and snacks.

We had wonderful time staying here.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Suryo W
Reviewed December 29, 2013

My husband and I like this hotel compared with the big chains because of its charm and warmth, and of course its close proximity to the MRT station, Nanjing East. We were here once in 2009 and stayed here again for two nights in Dec 2013. Last time in 2009, the taxi drivers didn't know where the hotel was located but apparently taxi drivers nowadays are much more familiar with the hotel. I just needed to tell them "12 Ching Cheng Street" and they could usually find the right place.
The breakfast is excellent with very good variety and quality. We were made to feel very welcomed by the charming and friendly staff member upon check in. The most important things for me with regard to a hotel are, apart from its location, sleep quality and a good shower and bathtub: shower pressure is excellent; bathtub is big enough; very quiet during our stay.
As pointed out by fellow TAs, this is not a hotel with a view but we don't mind this at all as we look for comfort, convenience and a good breakfast to start our day.

Room Tip: Go for a bigger room if you have very large pieces of luggage.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank TAalice
Reviewed December 21, 2013

Dear Travellers,

I am writing this review, as I was instructed to do so by the service manager Winnie, in her correspondence to guests.

This hotel could be a true luxury experience, and perhaps it once was. However, standards are slipping. Here are the following areas for improvement:
1) low quality toilet paper. cheap soap/shampoo/conditioner compared to other hotels in this price range and general cost-cutting in the toileteries dept
2) My surname- Jones- despite being the most common English surname was consistently spelled wrongly through my stay. Even upon checking in with passport or paying with credit card, no apology or correction was ever made. This is not a true luxury experience.
3) Staff accidentally locked me out of my room because I paid approx 3.5 hours before actually leaving....no apology was ever made.
4) Strange black tar marks found above toilet on the marble.
5) Lastly, and most importantly, music selection (louder than background music should be) was highly annoying. Most conventional, mainstream, annoying Christmas classic standards playing on repeat. A true form of torture for an English speaker. A sort of 'Bing Crosby hell'.

Room Tip: There are no rooms in the hotel that have a view, according to staff. In fact, the building on the opposite side of the main entrance is totally ghetto and partially empty, with a McDonalds on the main floor....so if you are trying to impress your gf......you can't stay here.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo