Howard Garden Suites
$65
$73
$62
Agoda.com
Lealea Garden Hotels-Taipei(Songshan)(Great Value!)
$90
$65
$137
$112
Agoda.com
Hotel B Taipei(Songshan)(Great Value!)
$105
$98
  • Breakfast included
$350
Mandarin Oriental
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
All reviewsextended staymrt stationkitchenettesupermarketsofachinesetaiwanluggagestylish
Reviewed April 17, 2013

This is my first family holiday taking my wife and baby boy to Taipei. As I have stayed here before in my past business trips, I picked this place again. I think this hotel (in fact is more of a service apartment) deserves a lot lot more credit!

Rooms: Fantastic with one room that comes with sliding door to isolate from work desk area and the living room. Room also comes with a TV and another bigger one placed at living room

Kitchen: It comes with a an induction cooker, hot water dispenser, microwave, medium size refrigerator

Facilities: Coin washing machine and dryer; Gym with good equipment, pool table

Breakfast: Not a wide variety but it is just nice for me and my family. Note during tea break time, they serve you complimentary with cookies,chips, drinks/ coffee. This is something you won't find in most hotel from afternoon till night.

Staff: Very friendly and helpful. The check-in and checkout is at breeze.

Location:
- Near to MRT and not far to Xinyi district where you can find Taipei 101 tower, malls, restaurant, clubbing. The taxi ride from here to the district is so cheap. If you come from the West, I think this is just peanuts to you guys.
- Nearby has good local restaurant, Thai restaurant called Jolly with their own brewed beer, a few Japanese restaurant
- Hotel is next to Welcome supermarket which is so convenient!

I will definitely stay here again as always. Well done to the management and their staff!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed November 30, 2012

Ok hotel is some what 15-20 min with taxt in hight traffic to all major sites in Taipei so location is OK, near to underground station and some fast food restaurants. In general it looks like an old hotel which has its gaps in being maintained. So lets begin shall we

+ Friendly staff although english is not really their strenth but you can mange well.
+ Breakfast is nice, not really big diversity but a man can eat well and its in the room package
+ Free internet
+ Bathrooms are clean and nice
+ In general is clean
+ Has a pool table with no big charge
+ It was raining heavy and they gave me a free umbrella :_)
+ bed was comfy enough
+ Had free tea maker, 2 variety of teas and some free fruits. (iron and ironing board also avaiable)

o Its dark in the breakfast lobby
o safe box avaiable in the room that is a plus but a minus is that is not mounten on the wall but on a small cupboard. Ok so not easy to move but still it is possible.
o I felt a little stalked, the staff new exactly who I was in which room and when I was checking in/out but I am probably imagining it.

- room 402 was my first room it was really unpleasant.The walls had not wallpaper or some vivid colur just plain white and so old that it started to go gray at places and the plaster was cracked on some places all over the room and ceiling. (for reference room 702 was quite cosy and had none of the obesravions I had with 402)
- view is not the best. Yes from the balcony it was spacious but you see only other buildings.
- The outside facade of the balcony that I was faicing were missing some of the building covering. I don't know whay i was annoyed with that but still.
-- Huge minus is the light in the balcony - YOU cannot trun it of or on. It goes on automatically at one point in the evening and it goes off at around 23:00 that was really not nice!
- all the lighting switches were spread around the room. No central control. And in genral the room not well lit!

Room Tip: I suggest higher, 702 was ok 402 don't take it need to be renovated. If you don't like the room ask to see another.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 21, 2012

We spent 10 days at the suites and found little to fault.
The staff were very polite and helpful, always eager to assist with anything we needed.
The rooms were a little dated but very comfortable and clean with excellent daily cleaning services.
Comfortable beds. unlimited free wi-fi (more expensive hotels take note!). Breakfast was basic but of good quality. Location was excellent. Close to the fantastic train service. Heaps of great local restaurants and plenty of shopping one cheap train stop away.

Room Tip: Higher floors equal quieter room.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 27, 2012

Our family just stayed at this hotel for 8 nights including our 2 yr old toddler and 10 mth old baby. The hotel was very clean and the beds were comfortable by Taipei standards. The breakfast bar was more than adequate and we were greeted by the staff each morning. Having Ching Cheng Park one block away and the MRT within walking distance was really good too. The biggest plus for us were the staff - they did everything they could to make our stay pleasant and within only a couple of days we felt like we knew who everyone was. Compared to another large hotel we stayed at in Taipei on a previous trip, this hotel is clearly superior and represents very good value dor money. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed July 31, 2012

Stayed here for 10 days and it was fantastic. The hotel is having apartment concept from long stay concept and the interior design is tasteful touch of art everywhere. The room was great, i happened to stay in the 2 bedroom suites. The room was superb, clean and nice. Breakfast was amazing and nice, it varies everyday. Staff were amazing, everyone speaks English. Location wise was city central and close to MRT and everywhere else in Taipei. It's one of the best hotel i ever stay. I recommend this hotel !

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family