HOTEL QUOTE Taipei
$165
$131
$160
$122
City Suites Taipei Nandong(Songshan)
$77
$73
  • Restaurant
$73
$60
Delight Hotel(Songshan)(Great Value!)
$65
Lealea Garden Hotels-Taipei(Songshan)(Great Value!)
$100
$64
$137
$109
Agoda.com
Hotel B Taipei(Songshan)(Great Value!)
$105
$99
  • Breakfast included
All reviewshq loungehour loungefree mini barboutique hotelsmall windowsnacks and drinksfloor loungewhere breakfast is serveddvd playerdepartment storesized bedfree flowcoffee machinenice amenitiesbreakfast roomdim lightingwifi connection
Reviewed February 27, 2011

The TA reviews for this hotel set a very high standard and Hotel Quote did not disappoint. It is a fabulous hotel! I had booked a great deal on a T Room and to my delight was upgraded to an E Room (highest level) on my arrival. This room was akin to a suite with a sleeping and living area, as well as balconies and there was a huge flat screen TV. However, the piece de resistance was the huge bathroom. There was one area that contained a Jacuzzi-type tub (complete with another flat-screen tv and bath salts) and a shower area with a rainfall showerhead. The shower alone, was almost the size of a small room. I have travelled the world extensively for many years and have never, ever taken a bath in a hotel room--until my stay at the Quote. Just could not resist and it was wonderful.

I loved:
-proximity to the Taipei Arena
-included breakfast--the selection was great and the quality even better, including the fabulous coffee machine.
-24 hour lounge, complete with beverages and snacks
-free min-bar in room
-wonderful bedding and mattress
-staff--they were warm and friendly and gave such personlized attention that I felt like a VIP (which I certainly was not). I must give a special shout out to Lucy, Gary, and most of all, Anni. They, along with the rest of the staff made me feel right at home--very important as I stayed for 8 nights. Everyone went out of their way to be accomodating.

I did eat in the 333 hotel restaurant twice and the food was average. The one night we were there, there was a DJ who was inexplicably playing extremely loud rap music containing vulgar, misogynistic lyrics--this was quite surprising and I certainly did not return to the restaurant at night during the rest of my stay.

The only drawback for me was the lighting in the room. I have stayed in other hotels which have jumped on the low-lighting bandwagon and have to say I don't care for it very much. It was a particular problem for me at the Quote becuase there was minimal natural light coming into the room. The worst part was the sink area of the bathroom--it was so dark that I could barely fix my hair and put make-up on. I think that hotel management should reconsider the lighting situation, particularly in the bathroom.

Overall, I absolutely adored Taipei and its wonderful people and would love to be able to say unequivocally that I'd stay at the Quote on my next visit. The only thing that might make me think twice is the darkness of the room.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank nycbee
Reviewed February 17, 2011

I had booked Hotel Quote after reading rave reviews about the place and decide to give it a try. Being a fan of boutique hotels, I do find at times the service rendered or the decorations ect tend to be over rated. However I must say Hotel Quote was everything they spoke about.

The room was fantastic, I had booked the E room and I must say this is by far the best experience I had for any hotel stay. The room is exactly the way they describe and my friend and I find it hard to leave the room to go sight see.

We were given very warm welcome by the staff.

This will definitely be my 1st choice to stay in Taipei.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Coolfrog
Reviewed February 15, 2011

We spent 4 nites at Hotel Quote after CNY holiday. Although shower and cold during our stay in Taipei, staffs are always with 'Smiling Faces' every second once you step into their main entrance.
Hotel itself is easy to be located, in which very near to 'Nan-jing East Road' MTR station (straight to the right at the hotel main entrance). Just next to 'MoMo Dept Store' (left side at the hotel entrance). ATM machines, coffee shops, nice bakery shop & rice sushi takeaway shop just around the corner. Another food court at the basement of 'MoMo Dept Store' too.
Front Office staffs are super helpful, efficient and polite.
The HQ Lounge on 2/F operate 24hrs a day with complimentary nice coffee (they use 'jura' coffee machine), a large varity of snacks and fruits to choose from, as well as cozy environment. Their complimentary daily breakfast is good enough to fill you up.
We paid a suppliment charge of NT$500+ to upgrade to their 'O' Room with bathtub. Super rain shower facilities, nice B&O ipod station, complimentary nice coffee from Nespresso coffee machine, complimentary mini bar items with daily refill and spacious enough to have your luggage wide open during the days. However, the mattress and pillow are too soft to me, even though they changed into what they call 'Hard' one, are still not firm enough. Suggest to increase the choice of pillow standard in future.
Complimentary Wifi is another advantage in Hotel Quote!
Will definitely come again in future!

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed January 25, 2011

I enjoyed my stay at Hotel Quote. It's not your usual large Taipei hotel with grand entrances but has its own personality. It can be quite dark inside sometimes but I really liked the wood decor and also the lounge area is great for hanging out and having a coffee. It has a giant teddy bear (or is it a deer?) sitting by the entrance and has a range of smaller ones for purchase. Cute. It's not the place for you if you are claustrophobic or want a great view of the city. But it is conveniently located, trendy, the service is good and feels cosy. One of the reasons why I chose this hotel is because it has a meeting room area by the lounge which is free for use to guests for a few hours a day with advance booking. We had a few meetings there - it was convenient and cost effective. Would stay there again. The wifi was a little annoying to use - especially on iphones & ipads. The passcode keeps on timing out and you have to type it in again. I did mention to the hotel staff so hopefully they will fix it!

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank roadrunner039
Reviewed January 14, 2011

A very Scandinavian experience awaits you at Hotel Quote, possibly the quirkiest hotel in Taipei City. Walls with a wooden finish, a superb lounge area with complementary snacks, refreshments and internet for guests. The rooms in Quote aren't anything to write home about, but they are decked with the best amenities and a very comfortable bed. One cannot complain about the free mini bar in your room, although it does fall short when it comes to variety. Quote's biggest draw is the fact that most of the things in the room are for sale - from pillows to towels, to the bath products. The 333 bar located in the hotel's lobby boasts stunning decor and is sure to be a big draw for the Taipei locals.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business