Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed March 19, 2019

My team of 15 stayed at Monet's for the Hualien Pacific International Dragon Boat Race. We loved that we could just walk across the street to the race venue. The staff at Monet's were amazing. They were hospitable and so very helpful. Breakfast was included every morning and it was so delicious. We slept four people to a room, two shared one bed, and we were comfortable. Many of us got mosquito bites in the middle of the night but that's on us for not spraying ourselves. If you're ever in the area you need to stop in and say hello to the owner. He became our own personal team photographer for the race and was sharing pictures with us all weekend. Wonderful family ran business.

Date of stay: March 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed March 21, 2018

My father and I stayed here for a couple of nights as we watched my sister's dragon boat competition. Excellent location! We just walked about less than 500 meters to get to the venue-- Liyu Lake.

The place is very pretty and homey. The rooms were comfortable and had all the basic provisions. Shower pressure and temperature were a huge bonus, especially after a day of touring/activities.

Mr. Joe, his wife, and staff were very attentive to our needs and we especially appreciate that he went out of his way to drive us to and from the station when the taxi driver could not make it. Thank you, Mr. Joe.

Their Guatemalan coffee is a real treat and their food is delicious. We only hoped they had more variety, however. Also, the homemade pastries made by Mr. Joe's daughter-in-law were excellent.

We were there first guests from the Philippines, and we hope we won't be the last. Given the chance to return to Hualien, we will definitely stay here again.

Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
莫內花園咖啡農莊, 業者 at Monet Garden, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2018

First of all, I would like to apologize to you. Because of my negligence, I only saw our message today. I am very grateful for your encouragement and praise, and I am honored to be able to receive the first VIP from the Philippines. I look forward to seeing you again and more friends from the Philippines.
Monet-Joe

Reviewed March 20, 2018 via mobile

My eldest daughter and I stayed for 2 days at Monet Garden. It is just a 5-minute walk to the Leyu Lake, the venue of the Hualien Dragon Boat Race, where my other daughter is a member of the Philippine team. I can say that our stay at Monet Garden is truly a pleasant one. The owners, Mr Joe and his wife did a personalize attention to our needs. Monet is a theme-place, a spanish-inspired one, much to our delight. The wooden furnitures are well-crafted and laid nicely across the lounge and dining areas. There is even a display of an old but well-kept huge coffee grinder and sacks of different coffee varieties. Paintings of Claude Monet, the French impressionist dotted the walls. Had I have more private talks with Mr. Joe, I should have suggested then to him to build a separate gallery to showcase the works of Monet and other advocates of the impressionism art. Authentic or not, paintings of old masters are a sight to behold.
The room is clean and the water pressure is strong. Hot shower is excellent. We were served late dinner by a lady named Ayu. As the standard among hotels, the accomodation comes with free breakfast. However, choice of food is just limited, i guess, just to keep you from hunger before going out to pursue your activity for the day.

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
莫內花園咖啡農莊, 業者 at Monet Garden, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2018

Dear Sir: First of all, I would like to apologize to you. Because of my negligence, I have read your message today, asking for forgiveness, and thank you for your encouragement and praise. We will also work hard to achieve the ambiguous advice and let the estate present more impressions of Claude Monet. We look forward to receiving you again.

Reviewed October 5, 2016

BnB is located at foot of Liyu Mountain, in Shoufeng Township's Chinan Village, 18 km from Haulien City. Owner Mr Cheung picked me up from at Haulien City train station.The owner couple is very friendly, and devoted to their business. Their nice BnB merges with neighbouring nature beauty..It is decorated with Latin America Totem. The pair of geese in carp pond welcomed me at the door. Free breakfast is served with nice Guatemala coffee. Liyu Lake(Carp Lake) and Chinan National Forest Recreation Area are two nearby famous/good scenic areas within walking distance. One can spend half day there.
Overall comment:
Hospitable owner, cozy lodging, beautiful environment, economic price.

Room tip: cozy lodging in beautiful nature
Date of stay: September 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed October 26, 2015

Very friendly owners as it is family run. Great to see even the 2 year old grand daughter is involved, they stay just updates. Joe the owner is very helpful and serves great coffee. Good quiet location, a 15min walk to Liyu Lake, which we did boat peddling, cycling and saw fireflies by the lake at night.

Date of stay: May 2015