Ambassador Hotel Kaohsiung
  • Restaurant
$62
$39
Priceline
FX INN - Kaohsiung Zhonghua Road(Qianjin)(Great Value!)
$33
$32
  • Restaurant
$243
$107
Agoda.com
All reviewslove riverriver viewstar hotelsky loungea short taxi ridelocated rightother hotelsclean towelsbreakfast was excellentbed was very comfortablefirst floorcheck in was a breezethe hotel staffhotel locatedbig roomexcellent hotelwestern options
Reviewed January 11, 2013

This is a very well appointed hotel and I had a large room on the 16th floor overlooking the Love river. The rooms was clean, bed was comfortable and the staff were helpful. They offered to charge my iPhone because I'd left my charger in Taipei. There is a huge range of food for breakfast and they have a system of placing a "table occupied" sign on your table which is great for solo travellers as there is nothing worse than going for seconds and finding your table cleared and someone else sitting there. I really enjoyed staying at the Ambassador and will stay again when I visit Kaohsiung.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
KervinHsu, General Manager at Ambassador Hotel Kaohsiung, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2013

A warm welcome to The Ambassador Hotel Kaohsiung!

We are delighted to have you with us. The hotel has been planned with your comfort and convenience in mind and we hope you are pleased with our facilities and service. Your support will be highly valued and, wherever possible, carried out so that you may enjoy your next stay with us even more.

Please accept our sincere thanks for your patronage. Should you have any precious experiences or requirements, please do not hesitate to share with us for the improvement of everything.

Reviewed December 13, 2012 via mobile

Stayed there earlier this week for a night as part of our honeymoon trip. It was a last minute decision to go there and we booked the Queen's room facing the Love River the night before we travelled to Kaohsiung.

There was a minor hiccup when we arrived to find that the check in counter did not have our details. Apparently, our booking the night before was not processed in time. We waited for about 20 minutes for our booking to be confirmed. It was a minor incident though.

The staff of the hotel was courteous and helpful, from the bell boy to the concierge to the staff at the restaurant.

The room was spacious and clean. I am very particular about the cleanliness of room and I have to say I was satisfied. The only thing lacking is a separate shower curtain. Care should be taken to prevent the splashing of water out of the bath tub while showering. Our room faces the Love River, which has a beautiful view of the river and the harbor, although rooms facing this direction will get the evening sun. Otherwise, the room is wonderful.

The spread of food for breakfast was standard but adequate.

An enjoyable stay.

• Stayed: December 2012

A warm welcome to The Ambassador Hotel Kaohsiung!

We are delighted to have you with us but apologetic for the inconvenience of the waiting when checked in. If it is possible, could you offer your full-name, check-in date and room number to sales@mskh.ambhotel.com.tw and we would remark the details on your guest history then we would take care much more.

The hotel has been planned with your comfort and convenience in mind and we hope you are pleased with our facilities and service. Your comment will be highly valued and, wherever possible, carried out so that you may enjoy your next stay with us even more.

Reviewed December 7, 2012

This is the second time I stayed here. Just scroll down for my first review. In that first review, I mentioned the small room size. I have to correct myself, the rooms are of a good size. Or, did I get a bigger room this time?

Minibar is still poorly stocked and this time also not replenished. Maybe because they expected that I would go to the local family mart nearby and buy my own drinks. I decided to take breakfast this time. Plenty of Asian choices, less on the European side. Some cheese and cold cuts would be nice. It certainly was good for a decent breakfast.

I am rather picky on the beds in hotels. It is the most important thing in a room and it is what you used most while in a hotel. The bed was really bad. It is a box spring without a soft top layers. So you're sleeping on a hard, solid frame. I had two pretty bad nights of sleep and sore muscles all over. I really can't remember if the bed was that bad the previous time I stayed here. I can't imagine it, because I would have surely mentioned it.

For the rest, the staff is friendly, the service excellent and the location perfect.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
KervinHsu, General Manager at Ambassador Hotel Kaohsiung, responded to this reviewResponded December 12, 2012

Dear Sir,

Warm greetings from Ambassador Hotel Kaohsiung!
We are delighted to have you with us but apologetic for the inconvenience of the hard mattress. We think highly of your complaint and have reviewed the fault instantly. Since we have reconditioned the beds step by step recently, but there are few rooms have not been arranged yet. Therefore, we have prepared some soft mattress if guests needed by calling Housekeeping Department. We are really sorry about that we did not set the notice in advance. If it is possible, could you offer your full-name, check-in date and room number to sales@mskh.ambhotel.com.tw and we would remark your request especially on your guest history to avoid the uncomfortableness happened in the future. Your comment for improvement will be highly valued and, wherever possible, carried out so that you may enjoy your next stay with us even more.
Please accept our sincere apology for your trouble. Should you have any precious experiences or requirements, please do not hesitate to share with us for the improvement of everything. We look forward to welcoming you back to The Ambassador Hotel Kaohsiung in the near future.

General Manager, The Ambassador Hotel Kaohsiung

Reviewed November 12, 2012

The hotel is nice and clean. My room was more than spacious for 1, but only 1 chair. My only real issues are there are no plug outlets anywhere but under the desk to plug in any computer or phone, this is a pain in the knees. Otherwise the pineapple bread was great and breakfast is good.

Room Tip: Ask to face the river.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
KervinHsu, General Manager at Ambassador Hotel Kaohsiung, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2012

A warm welcome to The Ambassador Hotel Kaohsiung!

We are delighted to have you with us. The hotel has been planned with your comfort and convenience in mind and we hope you are pleased with our facilities and service. We deeply appreciated that you like our pineapple cake and breakfast, but sorry that plug outlet brought you inconvenience. Your suggestion for improvement will be highly valued and, wherever possible, carried out so that you may enjoy your next stay with us even more.

Reviewed November 6, 2012

Was good, staff understand and offer solutions fast and easy.
Have no chance to try out facilities. Wifi was easy and fast.
Accessibility isn't great, need to walk to the nearest train station, but taxi was considerably cheap.
Food is scarce at the area, there's a drinking area and cafe opposite the hotel.
Nearby Love River, hence good for a stroll before bed time.
Breakfast is good for a 2/3 days stay. Anything longer than that makes the breakfast really, seriously boring...

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business