Legend hotel
$80
$49
Agoda.com
FX INN - Kaohsiung Zhonghua Road(Qianjin)(Great Value!)
$34
$38
  • Breakfast included
$121
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsinstant noodlesliuhe night marketcity councilformosa boulevard stationtrain stationcans of soft drinkwashing machine and dryerfamily with kidsminute walk from the hotelbooked taxishighly recommend this hotelenjoyed my staywifi connectionoffer freeshuttle servicebig luggageself service laundry
Reviewed January 15, 2013

This is one of the recommended hotel for our Taiwan trip. We're travel with 2 kids before countdown to year 2013. The hotel is clean & comfortable. Hotel staffs are very friendly, check in is fast & we left the luggage at lobby before visit other attraction. You must try the local Taiwan breakfast provided by the hotel. There are many variety of choice (E.g. rice, porridge, noodle, mantau & etc) & western breakfast also provided. Liu He night market is just at the main street (~500m). There are one famous restaurant selling seafood porridge & noodle just at the main street (<100m).

Location of the hotel have some distance from KMRT about 15mins, especially you travel with many luggage & kids. Bear in mind the hotel is not at the main street. The nearest station to hotel is City Council NOT Formosa Boulevard but you should visit the Formosa Boulevard lobby to see the beautiful roof (Change to orange line at Formosa Boulevard station. Please take note you have to take different path to cross the MRT platform & is quite far or alternative go to Sinyi Elementary School station & change to opposite direction back to City Council station, which is less walking). Hotel provides hourly shuttle to the nearby KMRT station. Pre-booking is required.

I love the coffee so much, free flow at hotel lobby & breakfast area. There are XBox Kinect at lobby, yourself or children can have a lot of fun there.

Cycling at Kaohsiung is fun & safe, hotel provides bicycles for a short ride (4 hours) with no cost. One more surprises we had was.. hotel provides each guest 1 big instant noodle, Pepsi & mineral water at the room. I so far never seen this at any others hotel. Normally come with a price tag.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Herries E
Reviewed January 14, 2013

Our family stayed 3 nights. Staff were friendly, efficient and spoke English well. Beds were comfortable and the room spacious and clean. Good location. Breakfast was okay but most foods were not kept hot, and once gone they are not replenished so go early! Bikes are good condition, free for the first 4 hours then a small charge per hour. The x-box has a sports programme only. Free in-room wifi and computer terminals available in lobby. Laundry provides washing powder. The hotel is in a laneway so we had no problems with outside noise, but we could hear the footsteps of the people in the room above. Drains in the bathroom had a funny smell. All in all a good budget choice, just one thing I was unhappy about: I was surprised when flicking through the TV channels to come across a programme that was most definitely not family viewing. The manager was able to block it on request, and I am very glad that it was not my child who stumbled upon it. This should not be available in a "deluxe family room". You might want to ask them in advance to block it.

Room Tip: We had room 211, "deluxe family room". No problems at all with outside noise, but could hear footsteps from people in the room above. There are no views to speak of. Bath is a tiled "Japanese style", probably because of space restrictions. I noticed the other rooms had normal baths.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed December 26, 2012

We absolutely love this hotel. We booked the quad room. It had 2 king sized beds and eight pillows! They also gave soft drinks and cup noodles FOC. On top of that, they have washing machines and dryers, again FOC. Another thing that is FOC - bicycles. What more can we ask for!?!
The staff were all so friendly and helpful.
We highly recommend this hotel. We would definitely stay there again whenever we go back to Kaohsiung.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank SGBudgetTraveller
Reviewed December 19, 2012

Most of the other reviews are accurate. I stayed a total of three nights on my way to and from a conference. Reservation was made through an airline site, after viewing TripAdvisor reports. Paid about US$55 for one person. Excellent front desk, efficiently got me registered in less than 5 minutes. Good English speakers. First room looked out to another building, but the room was spotless, and included free noodles, water and Pepsi. The second room faced the street--not quite a view but better than the first room. TV with many channels, about a dozen in English. Clean bathroom with excellent showers heads. Shower was combo bathtub/shower. Convenient toiletries. Slept very well all three nights--good mattresses for my taste. Breakfast was good enough, but nothing special.
The hotel is about a ten minute walk from the Formosa Blvd. MRT station. Not so much around the hotel, but I'm a walker and found that I could see quite a bit on foot. Used the MRT to see some more distant temples and to and from the airport. Unless you have heavy bags or mobility challenges, you probably don't need a taxi from the train station or MRT.
I have already recommended this hotel to a friend travelling to Kaohsiung in January.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank CanadianFamily444
Reviewed December 17, 2012

Just stayed here with my family of 4 in Dec. The quad room that we had was cozy and clean. For toiletries they are very attentive to details especially for the ladies, they even provide you with hairband. Hotel staff were friendly and helpful. The travel desk had given me some very good recommendations of places of interest to visit in consideration of my 2 kids.

However, there are only 2 hooks in the bathroom so it's a challenge for my family of 4. Also you will need to clear your own plates and cups after your breakfast which I thought this should be a basic service provided by any hotel.

Though with these few imperfections but it's still a good place to stay hotein general : )

Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family