All reviews outdoor hot spring japanese style room taipei city the bus swimming pool spring pools minute drive blue magpie a lovely stay open air noodles main building fun experience ping pong national park hotel room mongolian bbq
Selected filters
Reviewed May 3, 2019 via mobile

One of the pool I went to (not hot spring) was right next to the slide, when I went in I already saw a lot of dead insects laid on the bottom of the pool, I checked out the view from there, tried the buttons which supposed to have water coming out after pressed but none of them working, I stayed like 5 mins in the pool, after that I felt my body very itchy. In mid night I couldn’t sleep at all the itchiness made me crazy. Right after I came back my hometown I went to see Dr the same day, he checked and found water in some of the red spots and total there were 87 bites (see picture was part of my back on the 3rd day after bitten)!!! I then had prescription to prevent itchiness. Now on the 4th after my return the spots were still there.

Overall the hotel’s hygiene had an issue, it was old and without good maintenance, white slide turned rusty, one of them even being blocked with plastic straps. Spider webs everywhere in outdoor area, the basketball court was like abandoned for years. And the welcome drinks many guests received when check in didn’t come to us. Air con in room was noisy, many plugs were not working.

The only surprise from the hotel was the food, no matter breakfast, room service and dine in dinner were all good with high standard.

One accomplishment went to the lady who received my case of bites, she did check my red spots seriously and passed me ice to cool off the spots and a can of Mentholatum when I checked out.

P.s. my stay was from 30/4 - 1/5, 2019 @Room 1315.

Date of stay: April 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
tienlairesort, 公關經理 at Tien Lai Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded May 5, 2019

Dear Sir:
Thank you for your comments.
We're sorry let you feel uncomfortable, we'll find out the reason and improve our SPA water world quality so as not to be happen again.

If you have any comments, welcome to E-mail us: service@tienlai.com.tw

Wish you have a nice day!

Reviewed April 9, 2019 via mobile

Visited this resort for a day. Even though it is located an hour away from Taipei. It is a well designed resort with swimming pools and open air hot springs. The grounds are filled with cherry blossoms. The restaurant is very good.

Date of stay: April 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
tienlairesort, 公關經理 at Tien Lai Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2019

Dear Sir:
Thank you for your recommends.
The Yang Ming Shan Tien Lai Resort & Spa have best hot spring and natrue environment, it's always tourist's favorist.

Reviewed March 15, 2019

We spent our first evening in Taiwan here. This was just what we needed after the fourteen hour flight to Taiwan. The hot springs were lovely, the facility immaculate, the rooms were beyond our expectations. Each room had a private spa with hot spring water. Thought I had died and went to heaven!

Date of stay: February 2019

Dear Sir:
Thank you for your recommend.
We're always provide better than better service for every friends.

Reviewed February 8, 2019

We really liked coming here to enjoy the 8 natural hot spring pools here. WOW this was really "hot". The sulfur spring pools vary in temperature from cool, to warm, to hot. to hotter, hotter yet and whoa...way HOT! The pools have a slight sulfur smell but not bad as time goes on. This was a lot of fun!

BOTTOM LINE: We loved our quick stay here to enjoy the hot pools and buffet in the hotel. The landscaping and slate pools were awesome. Loved it and would like to come back and do it again! The hotel buffet was EXCELLENT. Vary good tasting food choices and desserts. Thoroughly enjoyed our stop here. There is a separate men's and women's nude area for those wishing to pool bathe in the buff. We did not try these. Over-all a fun experience here. MY RATING: 9/10.

The buffet was excellent. One of the best I have every had. 5-Stars! A great 4-star resort.

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear Sir:
Thank you for your recommend.
We're always provide better than better service for every friends.

Reviewed January 17, 2019 via mobile

Do not spend 200$ for a room here. The rooms have a musty smell, many plugs weren’t functional, as well as the extra heater we had to ask for, the windows don’t close properly, no insolation nor heating in the winter and the food offered at the Chinese restaurant is just terrible for double the price of what you can get in Taipei.
We got sick from one of the dishes that still had frozen pieces in it, last order at 8:30, with the unpleasant feeling that you need to clear the place asap. With no other choice less than a 20 minute drive away, we literally felt trapped.

On the contrary the outdoor/indoor spa facilities are great, so just do as locals do : pay 20$, bring your own food and get access to the hot spring for the day. That’s the best way to enjoy the place; only an hour from Taipei with wonderful views all around.

Staff other than front office barely speaks English, which made our stay difficult.
One of them did stand out, though : Catherine who did handled our check out was very sweet, as she had to endure by herself all our complaints.

I may go back but only for the day.

Date of stay: January 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
tienlairesort, 公關經理 at Tien Lai Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2019

Dear Sir:
Thank you for your comments.
We're sorry for let you feel not good, we'll improve room and restaurant service, increase staff's English.
If you have any comments, welcome to E-mail us: service@tienlai.com.tw