Open today: 12:00 AM - 11:59 PM
Review Highlights
Great Experience

My partner and I went to Hualien for a week of hiking. We booked Meet My Guide for the hiking in... read more

Reviewed August 29, 2020
free_wonders
Awesesome Trip!

Hiking Zhuilu Old Trail was an exceptional experience, and I'm so glad that I decided to go through... read more

Reviewed July 30, 2020

from $89.00
from $624.00
from $110.00
More Info
All reviews taroko national park two days wei hike hualien route hassle accommodation
Selected filters
Reviewed September 22, 2018

My boyfriend and I did a private tour of Taroko Gorge with Ivan, who is a real professional. He showed us the famous highlights we wanted to see, as well as a few "secret local" spots we could never have found out about, and even took us to 7-Eleven after the tour because we mentioned wanting to pick up some beers. On top of that, he was full of interesting tidbits about local flora/fauna and politics.

We had such a good experience that I would definitely want to book a different tour with Ivan/Meet My Guide again the next time I'm in the area.

2  Thank Pioneer202029
Reviewed September 21, 2018 via mobile

My guide, cloud, picked me up at 3.30am and we headed for a quick stop by to get the gears and basic theory of kayaking sorted out. Thereafter, we headed for the beach and got onto the waters. Cloud was professional and helped me a lot along the way. Save your phones and keep them away lest you drop them into the ocean! They'll take photos for you and I can't wait to see mine :))

Reviewed September 10, 2018

Ivan was such a great guide - knowledgeable, kind, helpful & so patient. His passion for his country & love of the natural environment was a joy and evident from the outset - and very much appreciated. We were very fortunate in having perfect weather & although the walk was energetic it was well within our capacity (two middle-aged but fit women.) I’d do it again in a heartbeat!

2  Thank HMSBrisbane
Reviewed August 28, 2018

To climb the side of the famous and beautiful Taroko Gorge is a once in a lifetime experience. This is not a long walk, around 3km each way, but still a hard walk, needs permits, decent footwear, a head for heights and some stamina to walk upward. The trail is excellent, the scenery and vegetation breathtaking, it could be hot and humid but is paced correctly for that, all made straight forward by the organisation of MeetMyGuide and pleasure and knowledge of the guide, in my case Cloud.

Date of experience: August 2018
Reviewed August 9, 2018

We had an absolutely fantastic time with our guides Cloud and Pony. We had our kids (8-12 years old, all good swimmers and active outdoors types) with us. Cloud gauged their abilities perfectly and picked an ideal location to challenge them without being too hard. The clarity of the water and the scenery is much better than even the photos - definitely even better in person. Even in the heat of summer, the water is very cool and it's a great way to get up close and personal with Taiwan's nature without melting in the summer heat. The equipment provided by Meet My Guide (wetsuits, booties, lifejackets, and helmets) were all high quality and in good condition. Even for our kids they had the right sizes and the comfort makes all the difference. If you are trying to pick between Meet My Guide and the other operators, there's a very clear difference - yes, Meet My Guide is more expensive, but it's worth every penny. We passed the other company's groups and I'm so glad we didn't take the cheap option. Our group was much smaller (just the 5 of us with 2 guides), while the other company's groups were 30-40! Their equipment was much lower quality (for example, generic bulky foam life vests instead of white water rafting type vests) and I saw many kids with wetsuits that were far too big. We were able to proceed at our preferred pace, whereas I could see that the other groups were constantly stopping for 5-10 minutes at a time for slower people or others who insisted on 20 selfies per 10 steps. Night and day - Meet My Guide is definitely highly recommended!

Date of experience: August 2018