Lienfook Hostelry Hualien
Parkview Hotel(Hualien City)
$125
$92
Agoda.com
Fullon Hotel Hualien(Hualien City)
$108
$75
Lakeshore Hotel(Hualien City)
$97
$62
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of $74/night.

Classic City Resort(Hualien City)
$84
$86
$67
Trip.com
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of $77/night.

$68
$50
Priceline
Liga Hotel(Hualien City)(Great Value!)
$49
$38
Priceline
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed February 15, 2013

We stayed in this hotel for one night in 15 February 2013. The only reason we booked there because I couldn't book the train ticket to another city at the last minute. We have to stay in hualian for one extra night. We chose this hotel in a rush. Just for one night.

When we arrived the hotel, I asked if they can drive us to a train station tomorrow morning before 8 am. They told me that they can not do that because the driver starts to work from 9am. I am a little bit upset. They didn't pick us up from the train station. In exchange they told me over the phone they will send us to a train station. Therefore I complained about that. The guy in the reception apologized to me. We understand and accept it.

However I came downstairs again to borrow a power charge. I left the reception and were waiting in the lift, the girl in the reception with a poke face (don't know how she can use a poke face to work in the reception of a hotel ) speak very aloud in order for me to hear it. She complained to the guy that I should know they don't provide a car service before 9am because I booked from their website, I didn't pay a big money and should suck it up, and blabla. The guy tried to calm her down. I was shocked at that time. I have never experienced those customer service in any where of the world.

Once I got up into our room, I checked their website immediately. Guess what? They provide a car service from 7:30am to 9pm in their book website, not 9am like they told me.

I called the reception, the guy answered the phone. I expressed my bad feelings and asked him about the time issue. The guy politely apologized for the misunderstanding and bad words from the girl. He booked 7:30am to pick us up from the hotel to the train station. The outcome is good. Thanks for his great assistance.

After all, I feel it is necessary to write down my experience. Hope the hotel manager can improve their customer service to avoid another guest experiencing those terrible service.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 22, 2013

First of all - when you book, make sure that you ask for the airport/train station pick-up, as I had absolutely no hope of finding this place. It is off a side alley off a minor road near the CBD. The staff met me at Hualien train station and gave me a nice overview of the area. Upon checking in, I was given several maps of the local area (only one of which proved useful) and a card of the hotel in English and Mandarin in case I needed to take a taxi back.

While the staff were very helpful and provided excellent service, the room lacked somewhat. The mattress was rock hard and the pillows were very soft and very uncomfortable. The room was very dimly lit, couch had no "substance" to it, so when I sat down I felt like I was falling through. Also, noise from the road made for a very disturbing night's sleep. Free wi-fi was a very nice touch.

That being said for sheer value (TWD1800), location, friendly staff it was still worth it. Some of the other accommodation options leave a lot to be desired and the Lienfook is the best of the pickings.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
Eliwu, 經理 at Lienfook Hostelry Hualien, responded to this reviewResponded February 1, 2013

Dear Guest

I would like to thank you for choosing to stay at Lienfook Hostelry . I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your recent stay with us and to receive a review of your stay. Regarding of the mattress , we already mention to our purchase department to see how to make the mattress more cozy , once again thank you to stay with us .

Reviewed January 18, 2013

The hotel is conveniently located about 10 minute walk from the main part of Hualien with all the shops and food stalls. The hotel looks as if it has been renovated not long ago with all of the bedrooms having a chic budget look. Mattresses are firm but not too hard, plenty of warm water in the closed off shower, room was very clean and even some English channels on the TV. Staff speak English and are very helpful and willing. Taxi ride to train station costs around 140-150NT and takes 5 minutes.
Only downside is the somewhat poor breakfast which is a variety of Western and Asian options. But with a hotel in this range its actually a bonus to even have breakfast.

Room Tip: try and get a room that is furthest from the elevator because it makes a little noise...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest

I would like to thank you for choosing to stay at Lienfook Hostelry . I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your recent stay with us and to receive such a review of your stay. regarding of the breakfast we already spoken to the chef to change the selection of the breakfast to giving the guest have more selection, once again thank you to stay with us

Reviewed January 4, 2013

This is really a value of $$ hotel. It's near the town center, the staff were great and the rooms were clean. I really couldn't ask for more. It was one of the better places we stayed at during the trip. If you're into walking, you could walk to the sea-side in 20mins. The town center's about 10mins away.

I found the breakfast so-so though. It's a buffet but the selection was pretty blah. But then, it's a smallish hotel so I really could not expect more.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank icepeachtea

Dear Guest

Once again I would like to thank you for choosing to stay at Lienfook Hostelry .

Reviewed December 9, 2012

We paid 1400 TWD for one night and it was good value for the money. English-speaking staff. The room had windows, the room was clean and we got everything we needed, exept it was only cold water in the shower.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Eliwu, 經理 at Lienfook Hostelry Hualien, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor.

We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, and glad to hear that you are satisfied with your stay

It was indeed our pleasure to have you as our guest and we hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Best regards