Errantry Lodge & Studio
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Liga Hotel(Hualien City)(Great Value!)
$50
$45
$82
$61
Agoda.com
Li Shiuan International Hotel(Hualien City)(Great Value!)
$75
Parkview Hotel(Hualien City)
$99
$63
Trip.com
Fullon Hotel Hualien(Hualien City)
$93
$68
$74
$55
Trip.com
Classic City Resort(Hualien City)
$76
$46
Hotels.com
Lakeshore Hotel(Hualien City)
$76
$56
Priceline
All reviewsjapanese roombali roomhis wifebreakfast preparedthe ownerb bphoto sessionprofessional photographerstayed nightsvisit hualiensound systemsoft musicphotography skillshua lienenjoyed our staywell taken carewarmest hospitality
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 11, 2012

The breakfast sandwich is made from freshly cut bread, and meat or egg are just off the frying pan, brought to the table by the host. Fruits are freshly cut and served in delicate china ware. Dining room decorations are artistically placed, showing the taste of the owner. Guests will also receive a set of photo take in studio free of charge, making your stay in the lodge a memorable experience. A lodge that I certainly will come back when I go to Hualien next time.

Room Tip: View the pictures to select the room you like. Set priorities cos the room may be booked by others. Enquire via email early and communicate your needs to the owner.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank BenLai1955
Reviewed September 22, 2012

We have only praises for Errantry Lodge!

My boyfriend and I stayed two nights in the Greek room (from 13 to 15 Sep), which was spacious, well-decorated and not to forget, immaculate in terms of cleanliness. It surprised us that the room in its physical condition was reflective of the pictures shown to us on TripAdvisor - maybe even better. Even though we arrived at earlier than the usual check-in time (at 3pm) Mr. Kan and his wife welcomed us with great warmth and hospitality, for which we were grateful for after a long overnight flight coupled with a 2.5hr train ride from Taipei to Hualien. On our last night in Hualien, Mr. Kan invited us up to his photo studio for a casual photo shoot, and even took it upon himself to stay up late that night to edit the pictures so that we may receive them before we left to catch our 8am train back to Taipei.

Of all the B&Bs we have stayed at before, Errantry Lodge is one of the best around. Awesome breakfast, excellent service with a personal touch to it. We will be back, for sure :)

Thank you for the memories!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank vantmy
Reviewed August 18, 2012

Wonderful service by the hosts. :) Very comfortable rooms. Overall, a cozy B&B. Breakfast is nutritious and home-cooked. We miss the breakfast! Our stay at the lodge includes a set of photos taken at the studio located on the top floor of the B&B. Arthur is a great photographer. We had lovely family photos taken by him. :)

• Stayed: December 2011
6  Thank mskmouse
Reviewed August 6, 2012

I am a 20-year-old girl from Hong Kong. I just came back from Taiwan after my 2-month trip. It’s a wonderful experience working in Errantry Lodge and enjoying a vacation in Hualien.

I remembered that in March, I got an email from Mr. Kan asking me if I was interested in having a working holiday in his B&B. (I registered as a member of KiTaiwan.) I immediately said yes because I had no planning for my long summer vacation and thought that it must be a great experience travelling alone.

There’s one (sometimes two) helper(s) each month assisting in the daily operation of Errantry Lodge. Room and board is provided. Jobs include preparing breakfast for guests (mostly prepared by Mrs. Kan and Ruby, their maid), washing dishes, looking after (just playing with) their lovely children Jam and Jelly when they’re busy, and assisting Ruby tidying the room, and doing some computer work etc. I sometimes brought Jelly to swim in the nearby swimming pool! Every day after 3pm, it’s your rest time. You can choose to take a rest or ride on a bicycle exploring Hualien and enjoying the rural life.

In the trip, I met so many good people, both local and tourists like me. It’s a bonus to me making friends from different places.

Hualien is a place for you to relax.
Errantry Lodge is a home away from home.
Explore. Dream. Discover.

PS. Thank you Kan’s Family for bringing me such an unforgettable experience. I will be back! Haha.

Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank kaytravel123
Reviewed July 30, 2012 via mobile

We stayed one night in the Japanese room, which was very spacious and had a huge bathroom with an onsen-styled bathtub which was way too comfortable. Checked in late around 10pm as we had been sightseeing all day, and the owner was there to greet us at the door. I must mention that he also took the trouble to put us in touch with the local cabby/tour guide in advance, who was excellent.
Despite the hour, he made me coffee and then afterward we did a photoshoot. A most interesting and warm experience, we had great fun.
Checked out the following morning after a filling breakfast, and were sent off by the host and his lovely wife and daughter.
We were very satisfied with Arthur's service, the only regret was not planning for a longer stay in Hualien.

• Stayed: July 2012