All reviews game room char restaurant pool table aveda amenities blown away a la carte menu room amenities great music warm hotel karaoke machine f b coffee bar on tap craft beer karaoke booth semi buffet friendly helpful staff
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I'm a regular visitor to Hsinchu and usually stay at the Hotel Royal Hsinchu. But on this trip I decided to try something new and regretted it. This hotel was fine, I suppose, for leisure travelers but it just tries to heard with being hip and trendy and falls short as a business traveler in several respects.

My room lacked any workspace and had an annoying bathroom sink feature in which the faucet was controlled by a proximity sensor (like at an airport) rather than the usual knobs or levers. Getting my toothbrush wet was a challenge because the sensor responded only to my hand, not the plastic toothbrush. Only by holding my hand and the toothbrush at a specific angle under the faucet could I get it to work. A minor thing? Yes. But after flying 18 hours from the U.S. this is not something I want to struggle to figure out. I also couldn't figure out how to get hot water from the ink. Perhaps there was some electronic control somewhere but I couldn't find it. Again, not something I want to struggle with when I'm jetlagged. Yet another challenge was filling up the basin with hot water to shave. Couldn't do it! End up filling up the empty trash can with hot water from the shower and pouring it into the sink.

There are few or no dining options within walking distance of this hotel. I ate in the dining room which was also annoying. They had loud music blaring away to create their hip scene and it was very difficult to relax and talk to my companion. Again, the last thing a business traveler wants after a long day traveling.

Bottom line: will return to the Royal Hotel on future visits.

Date of stay: January 2020
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
HotelIndigoHSP, 公關經理 at Hotel Indigo Hsinchu Science Park, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear RKDuke,

Thanks for choosing Hotel Indigo Hsinchu Science Park for your stay and thank you for sharing this feedback. We apologize that you did not have a positive experience with us and we're sorry for all the inconvenience caused by the room facilities. We will look into this issue and rectify the shortfall.
It's a continuous process as we strive further in making our services from good to great.Your valuable opinions are the driving force of our progress. Thank you again for your precious advice!

We are sincerely hope that you will give us another opportunity by staying with us again if your travel brings you back to Hsinchu.

Reviewed December 13, 2019 via mobile

Staffs was very friendly and room was great!
Highly recommended
This was my forth time here, as usual the front desk staff explain the facility very detail. As a spire member I got complimentary breakfasts and an NTD399 coupon for restaurant spend and these were not usual in IHG group, these were provided extra as generosity. I would say the owner and the team work hard trying to give every traveler a good experience staying here. Feel graceful and appreciated.

Date of stay: December 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
HotelIndigoHSP, 公關經理 at Hotel Indigo Hsinchu Science Park, responded to this reviewResponded December 16, 2019

Dear andyliao87517,
Thank you so much for your fantastic comment on TripAdvisor. We are pleasant to know that you spent a very happy time with us and were satisfied with everything you experienced. Putting a smile on each of our guest's faces and making sure that their time with us here at Hotel Indigo is as enjoyable and comfortable as we can make it.

As a boutique hotel managed by IHG, all of staffs are well trained and we do our best to help you have a nice stay with us. It will be our great pleasure to welcoming you back during your next trip to Hotel Indigo Hsinchu Science Park!

Reviewed December 10, 2019

Perfectly fine hotel. Rooms nice very large beds.
Large bathrooms with glass around bath
Entrance lobby is a bit sombre with dark walls.
Good selection for buffet breakfast with both Chinese and western options.

Date of stay: December 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
HotelIndigoHSP, 公關經理 at Hotel Indigo Hsinchu Science Park, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2019

Dear clivew578,

The fashion technology lobby and bar idea is from where we are at the Silicon Valley of Asia, but sorry for the inconvenience caused by the dim light.

Reviewed October 9, 2019 via mobile

Staff are very warm and friendly ! Room is beyond the expectation , very spacious and comfortable , bathroom is very big .The bed and the pillow and duvet, everything is perfect! we had a great night sleeping. Such a great value with this price! And my husband would definitely visit again!

Date of stay: October 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
HotelIndigoHSP, 公關經理 at Hotel Indigo Hsinchu Science Park, responded to this reviewResponded November 3, 2019

Dear SophieL4105,

We're so excited to see you share such a fantastic review of your stay with us! We're thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay and it makes us proud to hear how impressed you are with our service, room amenities.

I'll make sure to pass on the great service encouragement to the team and we hope you'll be able to join us again in the near future for more unforgettable experiences!

Warm regards,
Claire Lou
Marketing & Communication Assistant Manager

Reviewed September 6, 2019 via mobile

Great place to stay when visiting Hsinchu! Cozy room with nice bed and amenity, also very spacious if you have plenty of luggage. Food in Char is delicious and you can spend a fun night with friends and family playing darts and billiard in hotel bar. Highly recommended!

Date of stay: September 2019